HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Prince William :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
the police department
Posted by: ftp ()
Date: November 09, 2011 06:17PM

the whole department is corrupt. and so are the county officals

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: the police department
Posted by: Not Corrupt ()
Date: November 09, 2011 07:56PM

Corrupt??? How do you mean by that? Can you give us a specific example? Care to share a story on what you just said? Just wondered.

Remember this saying: There's always good cops and bad cops. Same concept applies to people, no matter where they are from, how they grew up and how they were raised, what culture and country they are from plus, how they treat people at work and in their personal lives...ahhh, you get the point I hope.

Posted by: angered ()
Date: November 19, 2011 04:45PM

yeah how about these examples! I made the mistake of applying to this police department earlier this year and you want to talk about a degrading a humiliating process put in an application with them! All I heard before the test was how much better they were than Fairfax and how they had a 90% approval rating in the community. I passed the test, no problem. Submitted the PHS packet, no problem. Then I had my physical fitness test. Full of a bunch of military type wannabes! The instructor most likely watched an hour long documentary called "Making of a Soldier," on the Discovery Channel and tried to act like a drill instructor. Told us how the police academy was para military type training and how their training is more difficult than Marine boot camp and Army Ranger training. Then an actual veteran of the military asked the same instructor a question later on about how his reserve status would affect his job if he got hired and the instructor's response was "well I don't know I never served in the military." Really? Then how the hell would you know if your training was more difficult than Marine boot camp or Army Ranger school? Then the polygraph, no problem passed it and the polygraph instructor was very polite and courteous. Really nice guy. Then the humiliating and insulting part of the process started, the initial background investigation. For some reason my background investigator was predetermined to disqualify me from the process, maybe he was letting his prejudices affect his non biased decision making authority. Whatever it was he made me feel like a criminal for little things. I also had a civil case brought against me by a defendant in a road rage case which I witnessed. The defendant was trying to keep me from testifying so naturally the case was thrown out of court. The detective had the nerve to accuse me of intimidating the defendant and that the case was warranted. I almost flipped out on him but I kept my cool. When asked if he was my background investigator he simply stated that he was trying to gather information to determine whether or not I should continue with the process. Then a month later he calls me up in his stern deep voice and asked me a couple of other questions. This is when I felt the most humiliated and insulted. Bottom line when all was said and done he disqualified me and told me that I lacked moral character, had poor integrity, and that I wasn't worthy enough to be in a position of authority. What gives him the authority to make a decision like that? Jokes on him because I am in a much greater position of authority and respect which requires more moral character and integrity than he has. I am in the Army now and there isn't anyone who can tell me that the Prince William County Police Department deserves more respect than our military or that this detective is more honorable than a soldier. Who defends the constitution he is upholding or protects his freedom to act the way he does? If it wasn't for us he would be speaking Japanese or German. In addition everything he blew out of proportion the Army could care less about and the Army is extremely difficult to get into now and I didn't even have to tell a lie! Less than 30% of our country's population between the ages of 18-41 are eligible to enlist. So how does all of that sound? I have nothing against this police department in fact a lot of their officers are veterans of the military however people like this guy give the department a terrible name and simply enjoy intimidating applicants and acting like a bully.

Posted by: He Is Delusional ()
Date: November 19, 2011 05:05PM

angered Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yeah how about these examples! I made the mistake
> of applying to this police department earlier this
> year and you want to talk about a degrading a
> humiliating process ....

My gosh, son, I thought applicants of the police department held college degrees. Am I wrong? I tried to read what was posted, but the massive paragraph of run-on sentences and lack of capitalized letters made me stop.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm the real H.I.D. If you question my identity, just hit the quote button on one of my posts and look for any of the "L" characters that have been replaced by the uppercase "I" character. That will tell you who the fake is.

Date: November 19, 2011 05:54PM

I do hold a college degree and, yes, I did use capitalization. You just didn't feel like reading anything more than 4 lines.

Date: November 19, 2011 05:57PM

By the way applicants of the police department are required to posses at lease a GED at minimum.

Posted by: Some people are not cut out to be cops ()
Date: November 19, 2011 08:37PM

angered,

If you can't handle a background investigator accusing you of things then you are simply not qualified to be a police officer. What you describe is a very basic interrogation/investigative technique and you not only failed to recognize it but you seem to have fallen for it hook, line and sinker.

You remind me of an acquaintance who was trying to get hired by a PD. When he went for the psych eval they left him sitting in the waiting room 30 minutes past the scheduled time and he chewed out the receptionist for 5 minutes before storming out of the office. He's not working for a police department either.

Posted by: Some people are not cut out to be cops ()
Date: November 19, 2011 08:41PM

Forgot to mention, while the minimum requirement at most departments is a GED, it is very rare for departments to hire anybody who doesn't either have at least an associates or prior experience with LE, such as being an MP in the military. Even if a person with a GED did get hired they are not likely to receive any promotions unless they add to their education.

Date: November 20, 2011 02:36AM

I realize that it most likely was a test to determine whether or not I was capable of working in that type of environment. However not once did I lose my temper. How the investigator treated my case was unnecessary in my opinion. He was predetermined to disqualify me from the process. Instead of simply disqualifying me he decided to act like a tough guy and flex his authority. Like I said I think it is funny because he told me I had poor character and a lack of integrity but here I am in a much better career than with the Prince William County Police Department :) Also as stated previously I don't hold a GED and my highest level of education is a a Bachelor's Degree. Call me crazy but I feel that a requirement to become a police officer should be prior military experience. Many police officers who sre veterans are in fact some of the best police officers I have ever seen.

Posted by: Squad ()
Date: November 21, 2011 04:58PM

The reason they scrutinize you so much is not because they wanted to disqualify you, it's because when you're out there, your word is fact. And when you're in court, the defense attorney is going to do everything your background investigator did. If they can call up any transgressions, lies, character flaws, minor as they may be, your integrity is called into question and then you're word is no longer good, ergo - the guy gets off. And so they can't use you. You're probably happier in the Army anyway, it's a great career option.

Date: November 21, 2011 07:49PM

Squad Wrote:
> The reason they scrutinize you so much is not
> because they wanted to disqualify you, it's
> because when you're out there, your word is fact.
> And when you're in court, the defense attorney is
> going to do everything your background
> investigator did. If they can call up any
> transgressions, lies, character flaws, minor as
> they may be, your integrity is called into
> question and then you're word is no longer good,
> ergo - the guy gets off. And so they can't use
> you. You're probably happier in the Army anyway,
> it's a great career option.

Thanks Squad, that really does make a lot of sense. I wasn't the creator of this thread so unlike the original poster I don't hate the Prince William County Police Department. I was just upset about their whole hiring process and thought the investigator had it in for me. What you said is a valid point.

Posted by: Fuckyou1_KTA ()
Date: February 03, 2012 03:59PM

Hey bud you're better off in the Army. Ask around, nobody with the exception Westboro Baptists and deluded ultra liberal yuppies hate the military. Soldiers are well respected for good reason. Police on the other hand have little if any respect from many. I'm sure tons of people would tell you they think the police are okay because, you know, they protect us and stuff. From what though? The army will protect us from real threats; the police can occasionally protect us from gang violence, murderers, and thieves but in PWC that's not a great threat. Instead they spend their time writing speeding tickets, HOV violations, and looking to use their power against the public. And that's when they're not simply enforcing the will of a small percentage of Americans deciding what is made into law based on their own interests. I think people have a general misunderstanding of what police really do. They rarely serve and protect society. Their main objective is social control. People don't see that, but if they did, they would recognize the feeling they get when they see a police officer anywhere. Everyone is on their toes when cops are around and that is because they are SCARED. They probably are not doing anything wrong, but that doesn't mean they have nothing to worry about.

Tl;dr story: Biking down street late at night, cop flashes lights at me, I run and hide, he looks for me, can't find me, I survive another day.

One night I was riding my bike home from a friend's house around 1:45 am. I'm 19 so I have the right to be outside at whatever time I please, but a cop driving on the other side of the road (coming from behind me) saw me riding and slowed down to take a look. I was on the sidewalk with the incoming traffic lane and a long median between me and the cruiser. He turned his lights on (which I took to mean he was coming for me since no other pedestrians or cars were around) and sped up, driving further down the road to get around the median. Of course I acted on instinct and waited for him to be a good distance away before going off the sidewalk to the left, through some yards into a neighborhood. I put my bike down and crept up to a bush to watch the road I was just on. Sure enough the cop came up from making his U-turn and slowed down around where I was. He shined his light around looking for me but gave up shortly and made another U-turn to continue what he was originally doing. You might think, why run and hide when I'm doing nothing wrong. Well I have a few things on my record and though I had nothing to hide I didn't want to let him create something to charge me with for good measure. I am a little afraid of the police, I admit it. I'm just trying to live my life and stay free and out of jail and trouble, but they just don't want to let that happen I suppose. Now I'm really just curious what people think. Why did he come after me? Why can't I just ride my bike without police interference?

Posted by: Highlander ()
Date: February 06, 2012 10:59AM

Fuckyou1_KTA Wrote:

I'm just trying to live my life and stay free and out of jail and trouble, but they just don't want to let that happen I suppose.

Yeah, because "they" are the ones who make you get into trouble....

Fucktard.

Posted by: Fuckyou1_KTA ()
Date: February 07, 2012 09:57PM

Highlander Wrote:
> Fuckyou1_KTA Wrote:
>
> I'm just trying to live my life and stay free and
> out of jail and trouble, but they just don't want
> to let that happen I suppose.
>
>
> Yeah, because "they" are the ones who make you get
> into trouble....
>
> Fucktard.

Hey shitface I wasn't doing anything wrong and they still tried to fuck with me. I never said they make me break laws, they just go WAY out of their way to find reasons to bring charges. Btw did you go to RU or something?

Posted by: Jesus in Manassas ()
Date: December 22, 2012 12:41PM

just do not join Manassas PD, they are a bunch of pussies.

Posted by: ShitCoven ()
Date: December 26, 2012 11:36PM

I was told by a few P.W. county cops that fairfax county was actually a lot better to work for. I could really care less, I've lost all respect for law enforcement and I am in it. Nearly all of the "good ones" are either dead or retired now. Fuck it, I laugh when I hear about local L.E.O.'s getting shot, it's usually their own damn fault.

Posted by: oh hell yeah ()
Date: January 08, 2013 09:09PM

I hate pwc police!!!!! I am looking forward to having the opportunity to be driving along and have them in some type of distress needing help....it will not be me. They are liars, bullies and when they are wrong, they don't like having their bully asses chaped either. I hate all of them.

Posted by: YUPP ()
Date: January 27, 2013 03:21AM

I had a very similar applicant experience...told me all kinds of crap about how awesome they are, better than Fairfax, blah blah. In the end, they were rude assholes and I was hired by Fairfax PD. PWC is not worth anyones time.

Posted by: Goodies ()
Date: April 03, 2013 09:42PM

Loser

Posted by: windmillman55 ()
Date: November 04, 2013 01:05AM

YUPP this one is for you, im in the process of being hired with ffcpd. I did not have to take an entrance exam, just applied online and 4 months later i got my offer of conditional employment along with my background packet that i had to fill out and mail back. After doing so, a week later i was assigned a investigator whom already set the dates for my poly, psych, medical, and interview with legitimate dates already assigned...i have not even taken any tests yet and all the dates are already there. Is this the normal pace, or even normal at all? Some stats about me, im a minority, fluent in vietnamese, bachelors. thanks for any help!

Posted by: windmillman55 ()
Date: November 04, 2013 01:06AM

YUPP this one is for you, im in the process of being hired with ffcpd. I did not have to take an entrance exam, just applied online and 4 months later i got my offer of conditional employment along with my background packet that i had to fill out and mail back. After doing so, a week later i was assigned a investigator whom already set the dates for my poly, psych, medical, and interview with legitimate dates already assigned...i have not even taken any tests yet and all the dates are already there. Is this the normal pace, or even normal at all? Some stats about me, im a minority, fluent in vietnamese, bachelors. thanks for any help! email me:tranj845fit@gmail.com

Posted by: llocallboob ()
Date: January 06, 2014 05:12AM

did you say ffupd?

Posted by: All Smiles ()
Date: March 19, 2015 04:12PM

I just got hired with PWC Police and the people that have something bad to say about the department and hiring process...were not hired for a reason. PWC is a great place to work and my hiring experience was amazing. It was extremely quick and you could tell that they actually wanted you to work for their agency. I had an offer from another department as well but chose PWC. Yes, PWC is selective....they choose the best candidates as it should be in this line of work.

Take the negativity elsewhere! :)

Posted by: Milf Fan ()
Date: March 20, 2015 11:04PM

Your career with PWC PD will be very short if they find out youre posting on FFU about a career that hasnt started yet.

Posted by: All stupid ()
Date: June 09, 2015 12:20PM

All smiles won't be smiling when they find out how shitty their department is. How would you even know about the "best candidates," when you haven't even been there for a year? Or maybe you're just on an ego boost because you think "you're the best." Typical PWC cop attitude. I laughed when a buddy of mine said that the trainers at the academy told them that their training was harder than Army ranger school and military training. Turns out none of the instructors were even prior military. What a joke and a bunch of losers, haha.

Posted by: I heard ()
Date: January 07, 2016 07:05PM

I heard half the force has slept with Lindsay S.

Posted by: tickytock ()
Date: January 15, 2016 10:37AM

The police depart is a legal, paid gang. It's no better than MS13. A study showed 70% of cops are dirty. Statistically you are more likely to get raped, maimed or killed my a cop than a gang member. I would rather live next to an illegal than a cop.

Posted by: AndTheOtherHalf ()
Date: January 22, 2016 06:15AM

David Abbott Jr was a good cop, just ask your kids.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.