HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Prince William :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
My neighborhood and Illegals
Posted by: Steve ()
Date: January 20, 2008 01:35AM

In the spirit of continuing a different conversation: Why is Manassas so trashed? I live in Manassas and I am not ashamed to tell anyone that. My grief is the fact that trash ends up in my well manicured yard, spray painted graffiti finds its way on the roadway in front of my house, individuals seemingly roam the Manassas area with nothing to do, homes seem to be inundated with too many people, neighbors seem to not care that the economy is dipping, driveways are riddled with junked cars, and people that live in overcrowded town home communities feel compelled to park their unregistered cars in front of my home. I am tired. Why is this happening? My only answer to my own question deals with the issue of illegal immigration. I am certain Manassas has been riddled with members of the undesirable portion of the population, but my observation has been that the factor has been individuals that are possibly in this country either on a work visa, or here illegally. I must reiterate: I am making an observation. If you are an American that lives in a nice area that has been ransacked by individuals that are here to exploit the system, we must do something. I go to town hall meetings as often as they come. We must do something. I am open to a change in our culture. I am open to Spanish (I speak it) being a second unofficial language. I am not open to individuals moving to a home in a vulnerable area, inviting every illegal they know, exploit the economic system, vacate their home via foreclosure, and going back home to live like kings and queens. I am so irked by this situation. Does anyone else adhere to what it is that I am saying?
(Disclaimer: I do not wish to express that I do not believe in the right of foreign nationals to be in this country. I welcome anyone that is here that is a contributing member of OUR society. If they wish to take from it, then please do. If an individual is here illegally, then I do not welcome you. You have violated a system that rewards people on a first come first serve basis. I believe the United States is a melting pot that must endure. However, too many citizens and residents here are trying to make a living. These people do not need to compete with people that have no legal right of presence.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My neighborhood and Illegals
Posted by: Manassas Resident ()
Date: February 23, 2008 11:00AM

Steve Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In the spirit of continuing a different
> conversation: Why is Manassas so trashed? I live
> in Manassas and I am not ashamed to tell anyone
> that. My grief is the fact that trash ends up in
> my well manicured yard, spray painted graffiti
> finds its way on the roadway in front of my house,
> individuals seemingly roam the Manassas area with
> nothing to do, homes seem to be inundated with too
> many people, neighbors seem to not care that the
> economy is dipping, driveways are riddled with
> junked cars, and people that live in overcrowded
> town home communities feel compelled to park their
> unregistered cars in front of my home. I am
> tired. Why is this happening? My only answer to
> my own question deals with the issue of illegal
> immigration. I am certain Manassas has been
> riddled with members of the undesirable portion of
> the population, but my observation has been that
> the factor has been individuals that are possibly
> in this country either on a work visa, or here
> illegally. I must reiterate: I am making an
> observation. If you are an American that lives in
> a nice area that has been ransacked by individuals
> that are here to exploit the system, we must do
> something. I go to town hall meetings as often as
> they come. We must do something. I am open to a
> change in our culture. I am open to Spanish (I
> speak it) being a second unofficial language. I
> am not open to individuals moving to a home in a
> vulnerable area, inviting every illegal they know,
> exploit the economic system, vacate their home via
> foreclosure, and going back home to live like
> kings and queens. I am so irked by this
> situation. Does anyone else adhere to what it is
> that I am saying?
> (Disclaimer: I do not wish to express that I do
> not believe in the right of foreign nationals to
> be in this country. I welcome anyone that is here
> that is a contributing member of OUR society. If
> they wish to take from it, then please do. If an
> individual is here illegally, then I do not
> welcome you. You have violated a system that
> rewards people on a first come first serve basis.
> I believe the United States is a melting pot that
> must endure. However, too many citizens and
> residents here are trying to make a living. These
> people do not need to compete with people that
> have no legal right of presence.)

You give the impression that all of Manassas is "trashed." It's not. Georgetown South is, as are some of the older neighborhoods near old commercial and industrial strips. But you will find the same kind of rundown neighborhoods throughout Northern Virginia.

For the record, Manassas has a great, revitalized downtown area. Many of the neighborhoods (Wellington, Great Oaks, etc) are clean and nicely maintained. The city is even doing a decent job of forcing business owners to clean up some of the older shopping centers in the city, as well as putting pressure on homeowners to get rid of junkers.

Manassas gets a bad reputation because of shit like the DC sniper, John Wayne Bobbitt and that crazy chick who took a hammer to that Comcast office. The town is just as nice as any other town in the area. It just has the unfortunate name of "Man-ass" as.

Date: February 25, 2008 01:37AM

I certainly agree with you in most respects. Generally speaking, I love living in Manassas. And yes, there are plenty of other DC metro area neighborhoods/towns with similar issues. Given the great distance we are from the District, I just find it especially unacceptable that given the status of the housing market (and the economy in general), that individuals would not do more to attempt to maintain the value of properties. Trashed yards and illegal home businesses are not conducive to this. Just a thought...

On a different note, Manassas Resident, do you know anything about a new development that is expected in the Mathis Ave area between Liberia and 234? It is my understanding that all of the land along that area (with the exception of part of the Ford dealership) has been purchased by a developer. This developer is evidently constructing a Town Center-esque area. I certainly believe that will be great for the Manassas community. Thoughts?

Date: February 25, 2008 09:59AM

Steve Wrote:
> I certainly agree with you in most respects.
> Generally speaking, I love living in Manassas.
> And yes, there are plenty of other DC metro area
> neighborhoods/towns with similar issues. Given
> the great distance we are from the District, I
> just find it especially unacceptable that given
> the status of the housing market (and the economy
> in general), that individuals would not do more to
> attempt to maintain the value of properties.
> Trashed yards and illegal home businesses are not
> conducive to this. Just a thought...
>
> On a different note, Manassas Resident, do you
> know anything about a new development that is
> expected in the Mathis Ave area between Liberia
> and 234? It is my understanding that all of the
> land along that area (with the exception of part
> of the Ford dealership) has been purchased by a
> developer. This developer is evidently
> constructing a Town Center-esque area. I
> certainly believe that will be great for the
> Manassas community. Thoughts?

I wasn't aware of that, but it does sound like a good idea. That area is trashed out and could do with some fixing up. I've also heard they are doing similar things in Manassas Park, which could use it.

My only hesitation is the current state of the economy. I'm not even sure if the Harris Teeter/Hastings project is going to go through at this point, even with all of the approved zoning, etc. We will have to see.

Now if a developer would just buy up all the foreclosed properties in Georgetown South and plow that place under...

Posted by: SE ()
Date: February 25, 2008 05:11PM

Manassas Resident Wrote:
> Steve Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > In the spirit of continuing a different
> > conversation: Why is Manassas so trashed? I
> live
> > in Manassas and I am not ashamed to tell anyone
> > that. My grief is the fact that trash ends up
> in
> > my well manicured yard, spray painted graffiti
> > finds its way on the roadway in front of my
> house,
> > individuals seemingly roam the Manassas area
> with
> > nothing to do, homes seem to be inundated with
> too
> > many people, neighbors seem to not care that
> the
> > economy is dipping, driveways are riddled with
> > junked cars, and people that live in
> overcrowded
> > town home communities feel compelled to park
> their
> > unregistered cars in front of my home. I am
> > tired. Why is this happening? My only answer
> to
> > my own question deals with the issue of illegal
> > immigration. I am certain Manassas has been
> > riddled with members of the undesirable portion
> of
> > the population, but my observation has been
> that
> > the factor has been individuals that are
> possibly
> > in this country either on a work visa, or here
> > illegally. I must reiterate: I am making an
> > observation. If you are an American that lives
> in
> > a nice area that has been ransacked by
> individuals
> > that are here to exploit the system, we must do
> > something. I go to town hall meetings as often
> as
> > they come. We must do something. I am open to
> a
> > change in our culture. I am open to Spanish (I
> > speak it) being a second unofficial language.
> I
> > am not open to individuals moving to a home in
> a
> > vulnerable area, inviting every illegal they
> know,
> > exploit the economic system, vacate their home
> via
> > foreclosure, and going back home to live like
> > kings and queens. I am so irked by this
> > situation. Does anyone else adhere to what it
> is
> > that I am saying?
> > (Disclaimer: I do not wish to express that I
> do
> > not believe in the right of foreign nationals
> to
> > be in this country. I welcome anyone that is
> here
> > that is a contributing member of OUR society.
> If
> > they wish to take from it, then please do. If
> an
> > individual is here illegally, then I do not
> > welcome you. You have violated a system that
> > rewards people on a first come first serve
> basis.
> > I believe the United States is a melting pot
> that
> > must endure. However, too many citizens and
> > residents here are trying to make a living.
> These
> > people do not need to compete with people that
> > have no legal right of presence.)
>
> You give the impression that all of Manassas is
> "trashed." It's not. Georgetown South is, as are
> some of the older neighborhoods near old
> commercial and industrial strips. But you will
> find the same kind of rundown neighborhoods
> throughout Northern Virginia.
>
> For the record, Manassas has a great, revitalized
> downtown area. Many of the neighborhoods
> (Wellington, Great Oaks, etc) are clean and nicely
> maintained. The city is even doing a decent job of
> forcing business owners to clean up some of the
> older shopping centers in the city, as well as
> putting pressure on homeowners to get rid of
> junkers.
>
> Manassas gets a bad reputation because of shit
> like the DC sniper, John Wayne Bobbitt and that
> crazy chick who took a hammer to that Comcast
> office. The town is just as nice as any other town
> in the area. It just has the unfortunate name of
> "Man-ass" as.

I agree with you....my Husband and I lived in the Knolls of Bull Run (the newer townhouses towards the bypass, on Sudley Manor...by Synergy FCU) and although our neighborhood was pristine when we bought our home- it went downhill very fast once the prices started to drop. We sold our beautiful home to a family of 8 (3 br townhouse!), and it kills me to drive past it nowadays- all I see is a huge white industrial van parked outside. We loved that neighborhood but were forced to move. My son's friend lived 2 doors down from us, we watched his dad get arrested out front one night for drugs- and his mom not even a week later because she fled from the cops (drove home to her driveway instead of pulling over on sudley manor like they intended- then screamed outside about how they werent right in pulling her over until about 1am on a weekday). Luckily we got out when we did, and now live in Gainesville where I don't have to worry about mowing my neighbor's lawn because she is too lazy :(

Date: February 25, 2008 06:39PM

I moved to Manassas from Reston, in part, to escape HOAs. I purchased my home after looking in several Manassas neighborhoods. My observation was that the neighborhood, in general, was well taken care of by its residents. I have been here for a year and half, and much has changed.

My next-door neighbor now, I believe, is running an illegal day care business out of their home. This would not normally concern me, but I have an in ground pool. Although my backyard is fortified by a new privacy fence, I am worried that a child could find a way to wander into the backyard, and I would by liable if the unthinkable were to happen. They have also had a broken down car in their driveway almost the entire tenure of my residence. This would not normally bother me if there had been some effort to repair or dispose of the car. All of the tags/stickers are dead on it as well. In addition, they have removed a back seat from a van they own, and it has been placed in their front yard. There it has sat for a very long time.

Many might say that a call to the city could rectify this situation, and I am sure it would. The sticky part of this situation is that I do not want to alienate my neighbors: they are nice people. The other side to it is that their actions (or lack thereof) are affecting the value of my home. I purchased the home right before the economic downturn, so I paid top dollar for it. Now I am fighting to owe less on my home than it is worth. This would not be an issue if people would make some effort to maintain their homes.

Having previously come from neighborhoods with HOAs that would correct the above situations, I have hit a wall here in Manassas. Has anyone else experienced something similar? How did you correct it?

It is my belief - please do not interpret this as anti-immigration (I am anti-illegal immigration) - that many of the cultures that are moving into the local neighborhoods are not assimilating to the new culture. They are bringing cultures that may not place a high value on quality of life and property values.

Date: February 25, 2008 07:13PM

I live in a neighborhood with a HOA. I can't imagine living in Manassas without one. We are fortunate that the HOA is diligent without being militant (like many HOAs in the region).

I believe if you go to the Manassas City website there are places where you can place anonymous reports about these things, especially derelict cars with expired tags. Unless you are the only person living next to them, they shouldn't know where it came from.

Posted by: Carpathia ()
Date: March 18, 2008 02:13PM

I moved to a little outskirt of Manassas (off of Sudley Manor Rd, Bremar) and I like it. Manicured lawns, white picket fences... But what bothers me is going into town and seeing how ugly it has gotten. People loiter outside shops, making me feel uncomfortable.
But as for the parked cars thing, My stepdad is from Nicaragua and he tends to park his two eyesore cars outside our house. But one car, a white van covered in spray paint and dirt, is for his job. He works on cars for a living, and he needs the van that contains all of his paints, mixers and other equipment needed for a heavy-duty job. He tries to leave it at his work. Only, some days he goes to a different dealership and needs to bring the van home with him. His second eyesore car is a beat-up old volvo from 1992. The bumpers are a mess, the engine makes noises. It really is a car that's falling apart. The only reason why he won't give it up is because it once belonged to his brother who lived here. His brother died in a motorcycle accident a few years ago. So he will never get rid of that car, no matter how much of an eyesore it is. As for trash, my stepdad gets angry when I litter. He'll walk up behind me, pick up the piece of trash, and stuff it in my purse or pocket.

Date: March 21, 2008 09:12AM

Carpathia Wrote:
> I moved to a little outskirt of Manassas (off of
> Sudley Manor Rd, Bremar) and I like it. Manicured
> lawns, white picket fences... But what bothers me
> is going into town and seeing how ugly it has
> gotten. People loiter outside shops, making me
> feel uncomfortable.
>

I guess it depends on what part of town you go to. I have never seen anything like that in Old Town. There are pockets of shopping strips along Sudley where illegals seem to hang out, but I don't spend much time there so I don't really run into it much. Just avoid Georgetown South and the shopping center next to it (and all of Manassas Park) and you'll be fine.

Date: March 25, 2008 03:47AM

I have not contributed to this forum in quite some time. Now that the responses have been productive, I feel compelled to make a contribution.

Manassas is a great town. I am very content with much of it. However, I am quite disgusted with the lot of it. Currently, my next door neighbors put out an old refrigerator for the trash. This would not normally be a problem, but this piece has literally been on the curb for more than two weeks. What should I do? I am rather angry by this, but I'm not sure what I should do. I do not want to alienate my neighbors.

Helpsavemanassas.org, a group of which I am not a member, is actively pushing to rid this town of illegal immigrants. For this, I am grateful. As I have posted previously, I am a proponent of immigration. This country was founded upon it. However, I have no appreciation for those individuals who are here to siphon the economy of its positives, and take export them to nations that support this behavior. IT IS UNACCECPTABLE!

Is there anyone that can argue the fact that Manassas can circumvent the negative stereotypes it has by eradicating the cancer that is illegal immigrants? Would not property values increase? I paid top dollar for my home a year and half ago. My tax assessment (although not indicative of the market) devalued my home by almost $100,000. I am not the only one suffering.

The irresponsible banks are the first to blame, of course. Those individuals, who have no interest in home values, are the second to blame. Everyone that is an American citizen or legal resident has a bonified interest in ridding the community of those individuals that are here to rape the economy, and move it to a nation that lacks the infrastructure to support its influx.

Date: March 25, 2008 01:52PM

Steve Wrote:

>
> Manassas is a great town. I am very content with
> much of it. However, I am quite disgusted with
> the lot of it. Currently, my next door neighbors
> put out an old refrigerator for the trash. This
> would not normally be a problem, but this piece
> has literally been on the curb for more than two
> weeks. What should I do? I am rather angry by
> this, but I'm not sure what I should do. I do not
> want to alienate my neighbors.
>

The trash company picks this stuff up if they are given notice. Maybe you should call the trash company and let them know they have a fridge waiting for them.

> Helpsavemanassas.org, a group of which I am not a
> member, is actively pushing to rid this town of
> illegal immigrants. For this, I am grateful. As
> I have posted previously, I am a proponent of
> immigration. This country was founded upon it.
> However, I have no appreciation for those
> individuals who are here to siphon the economy of
> its positives, and take export them to nations
> that support this behavior. IT IS UNACCECPTABLE!
>

Have you looked at Manassas property values lately? There is a house on my street that sold for $610K in 2005. It is now on the market in the low 300s. Yes, the mortgage meltdown has much to do with it, but how many communities have you heard of that have experienced a 50% drop in value in two years?? It's because Manassas and Prince William County are scaring away Hispanics who were the only ones buying property in PW in 2005.

The anti-illegal immigration stuff is going to cost Manassas a hell of a lot more than illegal immigration ever did.

> Is there anyone that can argue the fact that
> Manassas can circumvent the negative stereotypes
> it has by eradicating the cancer that is illegal
> immigrants? Would not property values increase?
> I paid top dollar for my home a year and half ago.
> My tax assessment (although not indicative of the
> market) devalued my home by almost $100,000. I am
> not the only one suffering.
>

It's not the Hispanics. It is the anti-illegal immigration stuff that is hurting your home values. What employer would, or could, locate in Prince William now? Do you think the board of a Fortune 500 company would approve setting up shop in Manassas under the current conditions?

> The irresponsible banks are the first to blame, of
> course. Those individuals, who have no interest
> in home values, are the second to blame. Everyone
> that is an American citizen or legal resident has
> a bonified interest in ridding the community of
> those individuals that are here to rape the
> economy, and move it to a nation that lacks the
> infrastructure to support its influx.

The mortgage crisis has little if anything to do with illegal immigration. There are plenty of white people walking away from their homes. It was a lack of regulation that caused this mess, not illegals.

Posted by: guest ()
Date: December 09, 2010 08:04PM

Frankly i am fed up with the illegal's. I am sick of hearing..reading about this and more sick that our corrupt government refuses to do anything about it. These people bring in disease..trash... They flood our school's and hospital's leaving americans without medical care because clinics and hospitals have gone bankrupt from illegal mexican's. Schools are also shutting down because they can't handle the number of illegal student's. Our infrastruture is being harmed by all of this and now congress wants to pass the dream act??? If this is not dealt with..illegal aliens will destroy our country.

Posted by: Virginia Rule of Law ()
Date: December 10, 2010 04:35PM

guest Wrote:
> Frankly i am fed up with the illegal's. I am sick
> of hearing..reading about this and more sick that
> our corrupt government refuses to do anything
> about it. These people bring in disease..trash...
> They flood our school's and hospital's leaving
> americans without medical care because clinics and
> hospitals have gone bankrupt from illegal
> mexican's. Schools are also shutting down because
> they can't handle the number of illegal student's.
> Our infrastruture is being harmed by all of this
> and now congress wants to pass the dream act??? If
> this is not dealt with..illegal aliens will
> destroy our country.

For all of you who are fed up - and reside in Virginia, then please sign the petition for the "Virginia Rule of Law". Let's bring this under control - NOW !!!

http://www.coreystewart.com/ruleoflaw

Spread the word. Get your neighbors, friends and relatives to sign this petition. The Rule of Law has been working for Prince William county. However, Corey Stewart needs you to sign the petition to get this to the state level for Virginia.

Posted by: contractor ()
Date: December 13, 2010 12:54PM

guest Wrote:
> Frankly i am fed up with the illegal's. I am sick
> of hearing..reading about this and more sick that
> our corrupt government refuses to do anything
> about it. These people bring in disease..trash...
> They flood our school's and hospital's leaving
> americans without medical care because clinics and
> hospitals have gone bankrupt from illegal
> mexican's. Schools are also shutting down because
> they can't handle the number of illegal student's.
> Our infrastruture is being harmed by all of this
> and now congress wants to pass the dream act??? If
> this is not dealt with..illegal aliens will
> destroy our country.

Hi Guest, Sorry to hear you have had bad experiences with illegal aliens. I have seen these hardworking honest people used like slaves to make many white folks extremly wealthy. I only hire legal immigrants in my business but often have to bid against contractors that use illegals.
I have tried to give jobs to young middle class white and black kids but I have found the american kids to be dishonest and unreliable. Our econmy would be screwed far worse than it already is without immigrants. Sure there are some bad ones out there but overall my experience with "no hablo pablo's" as we call them has been great.

Posted by: Elle Diabla ()
Date: December 20, 2010 01:52PM

I don't know why people keep labeling the "illegals" as the reasons for the trashiness in parts of Manassas, when it's the overall ghetto attitude that is the killer. I just moved to Manassas. Granted, I'm on the south end, off PW Pkwy, and wayyy away from riff raff, but see it when I go to Walmart or Target or Manassas Mall. OR just anywhere along Northern Liberia Ave and Sudley Manor.

The "ghettoness" that I've encountered in the Walmart on Liberia is ridiculous. I made the mistake of "stopping in" this past Saturday for a bike tire pump and laundry detergent. It took me 15 effing minutes to get out of that place and people are rude as all hell, flying in front of you, almost hitting you with their cars. IN the store is no different. People are rude as hell with their carts, not giving a shit if they run into you or they are blocking the whole aisle. "Women" had problems with me and made remarks when I went around them because they were blocking checkout lanes just to chat about Pedro & Juan, with their kids running all over the place.

I will never run here again, like ever! ALL my shopping is done between Harris Teeter & Costco from now on.

In Fair Lakes Walmart, there were minorities, but it was more of a mix of asian, middle eastern...and people were NOT ghetto-rude like this.

Totally different environment. It's the "ganglike" mentality that's running those areas down and not really "illegals."

When I say minorities, I mean the general population of such...Hispanic & black.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2010 01:53PM by Elle Diabla.

Posted by: This is what Elle wrote! ()
Date: December 22, 2010 05:06PM

Elle Diabla Wrote:
> I don't know why people keep labeling the
> "illegals" as the reasons for the trashiness in
> parts of Manassas, when it's the overall ghetto
> attitude that is the killer. I just moved to
> Manassas. Granted, I'm on the south end, off PW
> Pkwy, and wayyy away from riff raff, but see it
> when I go to Walmart or Target or Manassas Mall.
> OR just anywhere along Northern Liberia Ave and
> Sudley Manor.
>
> The "ghettoness" that I've encountered in the
> Walmart on Liberia is ridiculous. I made the
> mistake of "stopping in" this past Saturday for a
> bike tire pump and laundry detergent. It took me
> 15 effing minutes to get out of that place and
> people are rude as all hell, flying in front of
> you, almost hitting you with their cars. IN the
> store is no different. People are rude as hell
> with their carts, not giving a shit if they run
> into you or they are blocking the whole aisle.
> "Women" had problems with me and made remarks when
> I went around them because they were blocking
> checkout lanes just to chat about Pedro & Juan,
> with their kids running all over the place.
>
> I will never run here again, like ever! ALL my
> shopping is done between Harris Teeter & Costco
> from now on.
>
> In Fair Lakes Walmart, there were minorities, but
> it was more of a mix of asian, middle
> eastern...and people were NOT ghetto-rude like
> this.
>
> Totally different environment. It's the "ganglike"
> mentality that's running those areas down and not
> really "illegals."
>
> When I say minorities, I mean the general
> population of such...Hispanic & black.

Posted by: Lazy Illegals ()
Date: December 22, 2010 09:19PM

The only thing illegals work hard at is exploiting the USA. Sure they "get the job done" and of course 50 beaners building a deck are gonna be quicker than a few no spanish but the spanish take no pride in what they do. Its get the job get the cash split the bills with they`re 20 roommates and send the rest to mexico. Money sent out of our country with no Money back in equals recession. I too thought them a hardworking people till i starting hiring the legal ones. MEXI-CON-ARTISTS is what they are legal or illegal there are VERY few exceptions plain and simple like it or not thats the cold hard truth.

Posted by: Me Too ()
Date: December 24, 2010 08:30AM

Lazy Illegals Wrote:
> The only thing illegals work hard at is exploiting
> the USA. Sure they "get the job done" and of
> course 50 beaners building a deck are gonna be
> quicker than a few no spanish but the spanish take
> no pride in what they do. Its get the job get the
> cash split the bills with they`re 20 roommates and
> send the rest to mexico. Money sent out of our
> country with no Money back in equals recession. I
> too thought them a hardworking people till i
> starting hiring the legal ones. MEXI-CON-ARTISTS
> is what they are legal or illegal there are VERY
> few exceptions plain and simple like it or not
> thats the cold hard truth.

I hired 2 of them to paint my house. I bought all the supplies - paint, brushes, ladders, etc. I only needed them for the day. I thought I was getting a bargain for the money I was going to pay. What did I get? On major headache. The two guys argued for about 30 minutes on the best approach that they were going to use to tackle the job. Once they finally got started, they were doing more "chit-chatting" between each other than actual work. Knowing that I needed to grab control of this situation before it got any worse, I ended up taking one of the guys to the back of my house to paint by himself, so they would be more productive. On top of it all, we fed them a good lunch - probably the best meal they had all month.

* Oh, and I won't ever be running for politics, so we can forget that this incident of me hiring the illegals to paint my house ever happened. Ha ha ha.

Posted by: illegalsteve ()
Date: January 21, 2011 04:06PM

Oh steve

have you been hiding somewhere beside the NOVA region ?? The homeless shelters are aiding and abeding the trafficking of illegals in NOVA for years, promoting the problem you speak off with these .

Bailey's X-Roads shelter AND especially it's winter Hypothermia operation are catering so much to the illegals it can not be called anything less than trafficking them. Embry Rucker Shelter in Reston, The Lamb Center in FX at the circle, FACETS (at facetscares.org) Hypo and so on thruout the entire region.

there 'policies' conveniently provide these illegal terds food, shelter, medical care and more. at the expense of both State (the taxpayer) and charitable funds
that are clearly more desparately needed to help our own poor and homeless citizens and legal population.

for the legals and citizens, it is practically impossible to get out of the stagnating, most neglectfull environment of being homeless because of the very limited amount available with the falsehooded excuses that both state and charitable services are being 'cut' yet they always have the funds and time to assist the illegals.

they are in denial and LIE.

Posted by: Angelaseeall85 ()
Date: February 03, 2011 04:57PM

Well Um i have to say many American people house whom I have Visited have so much junk laying around and lets not talk about inside of the house. Many run business without licenese. So to get into the topic of illegal is way to upfront. I believe its all about the homeowner to keep the property up to date. You be suprised of the people who keep a mess in thier yard that are not LATINOS OR illegels. Why don't you go to the white house and have them fix the damn problem when it come to the immagration topic. It seems to me with this debt the US is in. They can't afford to pay any one who born in this country to clean thier toliets. Immagrations is what is keeping some of these places clean with 5.00 or less dollars an hour. I love this country but we need stand up for the right reason and that is for the government to stop being so damn greedy with our tax money and blaming outside party for fall of this nation.

Posted by: Arlingtonkid ()
Date: June 12, 2011 09:28PM

We've lived in the City for a number of years, and have seen our once nice neighborhood take a turn for the worse because of illegals. For them to litter just is a fact of life from where they come from, and so they see nothing wrong with doing it. Overcrowding same deal. It's just depressing to see a once nice City go down hill so quickly. The school system sucks too because of illegals, nearly a 3rd of which are in esl classes.

Posted by: DonJuan2 ()
Date: June 12, 2011 11:40PM

Manassas is "tettering" and better clean itself up and raise standards or it will be taken over by illegals. I have a friend who OWNS the new Campero chicken restaurant on Sudley Road. He said the first week he had so much busines he had to hire about 40 people. However, he had to fire half of them simply because they didnt want to make the effort to learn English (big surprise).Listen, here are the facts and if you can't accept it you are in denial. Hispanics have VERY LOW standards. Each generation has been living in "survival" mode, as a result, have no desire to think "long term." They live for the momemt. EVERY other race that comes to America learns to assimilate accept for Mexicans. I lived in Manassas Park and just moved out recently simply because I didnt want to have my kids to go to poor schools. Look at the 2010 census. About 60% of the "non hispanic" residents have moved out. However, the illegal AND legal hispanic poulation grew to become 30% of the population. Oh, by the way, there is a billboard in Mexico that promotes Manassas, Va as a "hispanic friendly" city. Why they have targetted Manassas is a mystery to me.

Posted by: White Guy ()
Date: June 14, 2011 02:33PM

For you to blame the blight that is Manassas simply on "illegals" is absurd. The dirty ass white trash people, wiggers, and blacks contribute just as much. Being someone who was born and raised in Manassas i am able to tell you first hand that it is not a race thing..manassas seems to be an equal opportunity place for fuck ups of all races.

Posted by: Arlingtonkid ()
Date: June 14, 2011 06:30PM

Illegals are not too blame for all of the problems. However, they do not belong here at all, so while there are plenty of other trouble makers, we have to deal with those who were born here, but we should not have to put up with those that do not belong here. The fact is that most of the murders and most violent crime over the last 8 years here in the City of Manassas can be directly tied to illegal aliens. The City never had overcrowding issues like we see today.

Posted by: DonJuan2 ()
Date: June 14, 2011 06:30PM

Let me elaborate. There is definately a "ghetto" atmosphere that is overtaking Manassas. Low class blacks, lesbians, and reminders of white trash are contributing to that. I was really surprised about the lesbians. Not sure why Manassas is a mecca for them. Anyways, as I stated before it all comes down to low standards.

Posted by: Marcelo ()
Date: July 05, 2011 09:36PM

Wow, I moved here from Annandale,VA about 6 years ago now. My home was brand new built across from Signal Hill Park.

Sure, things have gotten a bit worse, but that is normal, we don't live in a perfect world.

BUT... You should not blame hispanic and illegals for all the trashy stuff in Manassas. Way before all the hispanics started coming here, 6 years ago, when I first moved here. This place was still ghetto, nothing has change other than stuff getting older and just as ghetto. The schools I have been to are way to dated, my brother went to Signal Hill Elementary, Parkside and now is in Osbourn Park High. All those schools need a major renovation. Other than oldness,the only problem I find with Manassas now is way to many cutting down trees and putting up useless business offices and buildings. For example, look at strip on Liberia Ave., there are so many vacant business buildings and shops, yet I think they are going to chop out even more trees and build more things. Its useless! That plaza where Bank of America and Harris Teeter reside is a JOKE. So many vacant building spaces. It makes no sense to keep chopping down on the trees when there clearly isn't business to be had.Manassas is my home, I will defend it with honor, but what I wont defend is close minded people that just hate on everything in the world. All I can say to those people are do something about your own life and quit complaining about other things you cant control. Life is to short to hate on things, find happiness in things you LIKE.

Posted by: Time to Sign Up ()
Date: July 06, 2011 09:44PM

They're organizing door-knocking campaigns to stomp out illegal immigration in P.W. county this coming Saturday. They're getting organized out of Woodbridge and Gainesville.

http://www.coreystewart.com/take-action/

Posted by: toolongresident ()
Date: November 18, 2011 07:51PM

I have lived in Manassas City for many years and have watched it go from a cute little town to a GHETTO DUMP. I am stuck here for now but hope to get my children out of this gang infested school system. Manassas City Schools are horrible! Osbourn High School is state rated at 1, which is the lowest possible. Manassas City's other schools rate around 2, which again is VERY low. Only two elementary schools were able to meet federal guidelines, that's sad. If you look back over the past five years you'll see the school system has gone downhill FAST! We have had multiple teacher's arrested; children killed; massive amounts of gang violence; and MANY children who have committed suicide. Some of these kids committed suicide after being bullied in school. We have a failing school system that is state rated at the lowest, and the person leading it gets an award for being “best” superintendent? Really? WAKE UP MANASSAS CITY SCHOOL ADMINISTRATION! WE NEED A NEW LEADER TO STEER US IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!

Posted by: yard sale guy ()
Date: June 16, 2012 08:06AM

We had a yard sale and there wer a bunch of mexicans that showed up and SHOPLIFTED!! from a fucking yard sale, unbelievable..

Posted by: mira... ()
Date: June 17, 2012 07:06PM

Quite frankly, if you want illegal immirgrants out you will have to price them out. Manassas/PWC is one of the last somewhat affordable communities in the NoVA area. Of course, where rent is cheap(er) they will come.

I mean, yes I'm upset the average 2 bedroom apartment is now averaging about $1400 when you could get them just 2 years ago for $1k/mo flat but honestly if the illegals can't afford it they will move elsewhere- or crowd more. Just increase the crowding enforcement and that will take care of that- but of course the county people are too scared to enforce it because they think they will be hit with "discrimination"...wrong. If they are illegal they are a FELON.

Posted by: BearerOfTruth ()
Date: July 19, 2012 12:20AM

Manassas is trashed because of all the Hispanics (illegal or legal) with no respect or pride in their personal belongings or anyone else's for that matter.

There is your answer... period.

Posted by: Mothra ()
Date: July 28, 2012 02:15PM

I have hispanic neighbors (mostly men, maybe it is a kind of boarding house) that live across the street. They are clean, polite and take better care of the lawn and the shrubs than the rest of my white neighbors. They are quiet, do not have parties and they wave hello to me whenever I am outside watering the plants. During one of the snow storms, two of them came over to help me shovel out my car. In short, they are ideal neighbors. After almost 4 years here, I would be more likely to cross the street if I needed neighborly help than go next door. Nothing they do across the street affects my property values. In fact, my yard and car port are far more unkempt than theirs.

While I am sure not everyone has that kind of relationship with their neighbors, illegal immigrants or otherwise, I am happy to have them as my neighbors. I believe that anyone who comes to this county needs to assimilate, learn english and pay taxes, and generally contribute to society. My irish grandparents did. To assume that everyone who comes here, to this country, to this county, is a lazy immigrant is to only show your own ignorance and intolerance.

Your mileage may vary.

Posted by: Wiggro ()
Date: August 03, 2012 12:55PM

All I know is that after the 2007 law went into effect:

1) There is a lesser stench of urine all over the place, especially at 7-11s in the morning.

2) 11-year old girls can walk down the street with fewer catcalls.

3) Fewer shoppin g carts are stolen from supermarkets and found out in the middle of the streets in neighborhoods.

4) There are fewer empty beer cans on the local soccer fields.

5) Fewer people change their oil on the street and dump it down the sewer.

6) Fewer abandoned/dumped refrigerators and old TVs are on the sides of roads.

Posted by: BristowSnob ()
Date: August 10, 2012 01:28PM

Listen up you dirty Manassas fuckers, you keep your asses over on your side the tracks and do not come here looking for a better place to live. The one family from Manassas that moved into my neighborhood have the shittiest looking yard, porch and their kids behave like chimps.

They are white too.

Posted by: Blight ()
Date: August 23, 2012 09:09AM

Ahem...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=manassas

Possibly the shittiest place in the country, besides Watts, South Central, or even hell. Dominated by industrial trucks full of mexican illegal immigrants or redneck assholes that tailgate you on a 35 mph road. Nobody knows how to drive in Manassas, which is ironic because most people own either huge SUVs or pick-up trucks. Manassas is also home to the largest amount of auto dealerships on the east coast. There are three types of teenagers in Manassas: trustafarians, wiggers, and thugs. People usually frequently make fun of the name as well for good reason, which sounds like "man's asses".

Person 1: Dude, did you see that picture of Manassas in today's paper?

Person 2: I actually just saw a picture of a piece of elephant shit.

Person 1: Exactly.

Posted by: HOA MGR ()
Date: November 09, 2012 08:00PM

Manasshole is a poopline of shizle

Posted by: concerned here ()
Date: December 22, 2012 12:32PM

Made in America rules

Date: August 17, 2013 07:56PM

We live on a main street in Manassas and have a home next to us that now has many families living there. They have a total of 8 to 10 auto's that they park in front of our home blocking our view to get out of the driveway. We also have a home a few door down that have meetings there 2 to 3 times a week and they also continue to park in front of our home. They have even parked in front of our driveway blocking us from leaving our property. The police to this point will not do anything and leaves us, a tax paying person to be tramped on all the time. We have no place for friends or family to park when they come to visit. I know for a fact there are at least 5 families in the house next to us. It is very pathetic.

Posted by: VA'n ()
Date: August 20, 2013 08:38AM

I'm glad my home in Manassas sounds nothing like the shit hole most of you describe. I live on a very culturally diverse street: whites, blacks, hispanics, indian and asian. Everyone's yard is well maintained.

Posted by: Karina ()
Date: August 02, 2014 03:26PM

It sounds just about right they come here to "look for a better life" but all I see is them taking advantage of all federal funding and government programs!I'm a single mother of 3 and I've seen them having husbands brothers aunts uncles sisters living in one home and they receive snap food benefits Hud vouchers and I am never able to qualify for some reason Texas caters to these illegals and steps all over Americans that were born and raised here to hand out everything on a platter to these people!!!I am fed up and tired that as a single parent I struggle to make ends meet apply for certain funding and programs and don't qualify because I put nothing but the truth and application and yet these people lie about everything income, household size,and receive all the benefits!!!!And to top it off there was a time I couldn't pay my parking tickets so I couldn't get registration for my vehicle and was told by management I couldn't park in the complex area get NAVV peoples Parker unregistered vehicles like if nothing and no one tells them a thing!!!!Does anyone agree,that if we were to go to Mexico we would get everything on a silver platter the way they receive things here in the U.S I don't think so!!!!SEND THEM BACK!!!!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.