HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Prince William :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
CW Price
Posted by: CW Price ()
Date: August 14, 2011 11:15AM

CW Price is set to replace the AJ Wright that shut down in Woodbridge.

I was devastated when AJ shut down because the clothes were so damn cheap. According to what I have heard, CW Price will fill that void and be very, very similiar to AJ Wright. I just hope they have the dress clothes and athletic wear AJ Wright had.

Anyway, does anyone know when it is scheduled to open, wanna get my kids some back to school clothes there, but not sure they'll be open.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CW Price
Posted by: steve k2 ()
Date: August 14, 2011 04:42PM

It's wierd this place does not have a website with stores open in a lot of places already.

I too am excited for it though, whenever I ventured out to Potomac Mills I would always make a stop at AJ Wright which had the best bargins ever.

Posted by: joji ()
Date: August 15, 2011 10:27AM

I Hear you. I LOOOVED Aj's. I always found something nice and affordable enough to buy more than 1 thing. I went every week. I got so many compliments on my outfits...especially the shoes and pocketbooks. I hope they have the same
selection and prices of pocketbooks and shoes. It made my day to see another version of AJ's opening up in my town. I hope it is the same!!! I'll be there everyweek!!!!

Posted by: Confirm ()
Date: August 17, 2011 05:46AM

Can anyone confirm the store is opening Thursday? Also heard some of the stores are doing giftcards for the 1000 customers, oh boy...

Date: August 19, 2011 12:11AM

It opened today. Went there and it really sucked to be honest. Good priced dress pants was about all I saw.

So much space and not a lot of inventory, I hope it gets better as time goes along. I do realize opening 47 stores today that maybe they did not have as much stock as usual. Greatly disappointed though, nothing like AJ Wright when it came to name brands.

Posted by: Lashell ()
Date: August 23, 2011 12:00AM

I agree with the other person when they said they was disapointed with inventortj ete was not enough name brands very disapointed!!!!!

Date: August 23, 2011 11:05AM

I went to grand opening and I was disappointed in selection and quality of mdse. I agree there was a lot a space and a lot of lower quality merchandise (CHEAP). I hope it gets better. Set up is like Aj's - but merchandise was not "cool"..!!!
But I remember Aj's having cheapy mdse when it first opened...then it got better and better, and was GREAT when they decided to close...go figure!!!!

Date: August 23, 2011 11:18AM

Hopefully they step their game up. Going to CW Price just reminded me how much I miss AJ Wright.

The one major thing AJ Wright had going for it was great buyers being owned by TJX. Not sure this Conway company has the connections to get the deals AJ Wright had.

The clothes were extremely cheap quality when I was there for opening day. One has to figure it will get better, if AJ Wright could not survive, I have no idea how CW Price will stay in business long if it doesn't change.

Date: August 24, 2011 10:52AM

I agree, this store will not last long if it doesn't step up. People don't want cheapy mdse anymore!! I think the exact same thing....TJ's had all the right buyers and connections...hopefully if CW's doesn't contact them, the distibuters will contact them...They must've lost a lot of $$$ when Aj's closed!!
I'm not going back to CW til after Back To School ends. I'm not getting my hopes up though!!...But I need a fall handbag soon!!! AJ's had the BEST selection and the BEST prices.

Posted by: mark manley ()
Date: September 04, 2011 07:00PM

please send me a catolog

thank you very much

Date: September 20, 2011 11:44AM

Anyone been there recently? Has it gotten better yet?

Posted by: sherrie ()
Date: November 13, 2011 02:27PM

A couple months later, this place still sucks :(

Date: August 23, 2012 08:35AM

Yea it does. They opened a Savers across the street which has all kinds of neat stuff though.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.