HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Prince William :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Cutting Edge Landscaping
Posted by: scammed ()
Date: November 25, 2010 07:47PM

Buyer beware of Sean Ryals. AKA: Cutting Edge Landscaping, Customs Creations, Arbor Tech. This man is a scam artists. He will take your money and not do the work. Hires illegals who are not trained in doing yard, stone, brick or any type of work. Sean will come across as a nice Christian man. This man is a drug user, and a thief. If you have had problems with this man..contact Det. Maciel with DPOR.His # is 540-409-6310( The licensing board for contractors.) Help send this thief to jail!!! No, Sean does not have a contractors license..his was suspended several times. Google this clowns name...it will blow your mind.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cutting Edge Landscaping
Posted by: Ohhhhh ()
Date: December 19, 2010 08:40PM

I think this is the same guy who was supposed to do some work for me as well, has he been in this area for the past 4-5 years?

Posted by: scammed ()
Date: December 30, 2010 06:37PM

I am sure he is probably the same guy. He has so many names for his companies..do your research. He stands about 5'7" thinning hair, a bit chubby and drives a white Ford Expedition or a blue Mercedes. Talks a good honest talk. He has been in the area for at least 5-6 years or longer scamming people.

Re: Abhor Tech,Cutting Edge Landscaping, Customs Creations
Posted by: Still a thief ()
Date: January 21, 2011 06:31PM

Beware: Richard Sean Ryals continues to steal from hard working people in N.Va. Watch for his ads in local advertisement magazines or flyers in your mailboxes. His companies have many names. He lost his contractors license several years ago and he continues to make a living in N.Va claiming to be an expert in landscaping, stone work, concrete, wood decking, tree removal, to name a few. Google his name to get all the info.

Posted by: scammed by this guy too ()
Date: April 20, 2011 09:42AM

We were scammed by this guy too way back in 2005, he said he required 50% of the cost upfront for our stone walkway/stone columns/landscaping job. (that should have been my clue I guess) So I paid him like $6000. The work his illegals did was so unbelievably bad, we told him to stop half way before our stone walkway was done, because it was obvious they had never done this type of work before in their lives. Then he cussed at me on the phone when i told him he was fired and I wanted my money back because the work was well below even sub-par work, which he refused, b/c of materials/plants he'd already bought. The plants were inches tall, where I paid prices for full grown plants. When I told him if he wasn't giving my money back, I wanted all of the stone I paid for, he had his illegals come and dump it all in my grass where it all broke up into small pieces. I have pictures of EVERYTHING this guy did. I would come home to hispanic men laying all around my yard, soda bottles and trash left on my yard. I should have reported him back then, but felt guilty for myself not doing my own homework well enough before hiring someone to starting a home project. We had to hire someone else the next year (after I saved more $) to come in and rip everything he did out and start over from the very beginning. The second guy I hired was an expert and did a fabulous job. Beware of this Sean Ryals dude he advertises in the Clipper magazine and other things like that. I hope this he is stopped! The pic I posted is of what he expected us to accept as a brand new stone walkway. They poured quick-crete and rocks into a mold and stuck some broken slate in it. ridiculous. thank goodness I have a professional looking walkway now and not this ghetto concrete and rock job this guy tried to peddle.
Attachments:
DSCN2348.JPG

Posted by: So sad! ()
Date: April 29, 2011 08:00PM

Sorry to hear you have been a victim as well. The really sad part is this thief continues to steal from people. Please post the name of the stone person you used to clean up the mess. There are tons of people afraid to have any work done b/c of the way they were treated by Ryals. You should call the Clipper magazine and tell them how he is using the magazine to steal from people. They will stop his ads.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.