HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Prince William :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 123AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 3
JOJO's Soft Serve Joe Ruhren (AKA Joseph Ruhren, Jojo)
Posted by: cares1 ()
Date: October 24, 2010 05:03PM

Joseph Ruhren, Woodbridge, 10 counts of prescription fraud
Check it out under Fredricksburg.com/news
My children are not getting ice cream from a drug addict !!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: JOJO's Soft Serve Joe Ruhren (AKA Joseph Ruhren, Jojo)
Posted by: familymatters2 ()
Date: October 24, 2010 05:15PM

Joe Ruhren talks about how he is an ex-cop and is now running JOJO's icecream to give back to the community, LIAR! Thanks but no thanks we don't need a drug addict that commits fraud writing prescriptions to serve our kids.

Posted by: trianglesfinest ()
Date: October 24, 2010 06:01PM

I think the important thing to remember is that JoJo DOES do so much for the community. He is always giving freely to Graham Park Middle and Triange Elementary. Very few of us could honestly say that we don't have some sort of issue, addiction, vice, or problem. It kills me how when someone who is well known in a community gets caught for doing something wrong ... it all of a sudden is a big deal. Joe is a human being ... just as we all are. He made a mistake ... just like we all do. I don't think ANYONE would want a blog posted on the Internet bashing them for their wrong-doings ... so let's not do this to someone else. Whatever happened to the Golden Rule?? In my eyes, Joe will always be a great community figure. There is a lot of good in him ... please don't forget that!

Posted by: dont know ()
Date: October 24, 2010 10:49PM

I don't know about "a lot" of good in him. Some, maybe, but I've never seen it. He's a strange dude.

Posted by: rukiddingme ()
Date: October 25, 2010 11:35AM

Yes, people make mistakes but this guy is hiring/working with teenagers and serving young kids while committing fraud and under the influence of drugs. Sorry but he's not a very good influence getting arrested in front of young adults your suppose to be inspiring. Oh, and he has ten counts of prescription fraud not just one or two. That means he has committed forgery like ten times! Way to go, just who we need our kids looking up to.

Posted by: Highlander ()
Date: October 28, 2010 08:51AM

Jo-Jo used to inspire a lot of kids....especially behind closed doors...

Posted by: Ohplez ()
Date: October 31, 2010 05:07PM

I knew he was weird! No ice cream is good enough to give this loser my money! If you forge prescriptions and use drugs you shouldn't be serving the public. Dumfries and Triangle can find icecream somewhere with a drug free atmosphere. You should be digging ditches or making license plates you fool! People don't give your money to JOJO!

Posted by: Those who know Joe ()
Date: November 01, 2010 11:31AM

Those who really know Joe Ruhren, have witnessed Joe continously giving to Prince William County Schools and kids over the years and personally know he is a wonderful and kind person. However, Joe is human and apparently got addicted to prescription medication - something that happens to even good people. We all make mistakes - one thing I have learned over the years is those who so freely critize others without knowing the true facts are normally those you DON'T want as friends. This is also a lesson we want our kids to learn. Those are the friends who will not have your back has you journey thru yourlife.

Posted by: johnathan ()
Date: December 03, 2010 05:17PM

You guys hide behind your name because you hate him and wish the worst for him. HOWEVER What a good good guy and he didn't forged anything at all he was abusing his own medicine he was prescribed for the past 7 years. You guys are a joke. He is well loved and liked and he has shared his addiction with everyone he knows. I'm sure those who wrote a bad comment has family memebers with the same problems if not worse.......be real!!!

Posted by: kmg ()
Date: December 04, 2010 11:48PM

Hmmm. Still going to get icecream from there.

Posted by: Johnston ()
Date: January 06, 2011 01:01PM

Ten counts of prescription fraud and all he has to serve is 4 months. Makes no sense. So much for an upstanding citizen giving back to the community.

Date: January 06, 2011 01:03PM

kmg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hmmm. Still going to get icecream from there.

They won't be opening until Jo Jo gets out of jail......and that wouldn't be until around the end of April.

Date: January 06, 2011 01:09PM

johnathan Wrote:
> You guys hide behind your name because you hate
> him and wish the worst for him. HOWEVER What a
> good good guy and he didn't forged anything at all
> he was abusing his own medicine he was prescribed
> for the past 7 years. You guys are a joke. He is
> well loved and liked and he has shared his
> addiction with everyone he knows. I'm sure those
> who wrote a bad comment has family memebers with
> the same problems if not worse.......be real!!!

Well he obviously got his drugs he needed illegally somehow.....possilby by altering the prescription amount no doubt, and that is illegal. people like him make those who really need medication suffer. If he knew he was addicted for 7 years, he could have checked himself into a rehab progam to kick his addiction and he should have, if he did, he wouldn't be in jail right now. Anyone can go to the courthouse and read the file and its contents.....it's for public viewing.

I wonder now what his mother would think of her precious Jo Jo if she were alive.

Posted by: i luv vicodin ()
Date: January 06, 2011 09:14PM

Damn it !

i should bought soe from him.

Posted by: OMGPeople ()
Date: January 31, 2011 01:52AM

OMG! Ya people he did a lot for our community like serve our kids icecream while he was high on his stolen drugs. Just what every community needs. Now he's behind bars detoxing. What are you going to tell your kids? We'll get icecream as soon as JoJo gets out of jail. That's nice. I guess JoJo's Soft Serve will be closed unitl JoJO's Times Served.

Posted by: KK ()
Date: February 15, 2011 03:31PM

I agree whole heartedly....everyone jumps to conclusions without knowing the whole story....EVERYONE makes mistakes....and trying to oust him is an act like teenagers would do. I WILL CONTINUE TO TAKE MY KIDS THERE AND MY FAMILY TOO....even ex-cops make mistakes. And until you know the WHOLE story don't judge people.

Posted by: TooFunny ()
Date: February 16, 2011 01:09PM

First off, addiction is addiction. It doesn't matter if he was taking the medicine for 7 years or 7 days. He obviously had an addiction to something. The WHOLE story doesn't matter. He was charged with F-R-A-U-D. He illegally either wrote his own prescriptions or he illegally changed the amount that he was alotted on his prescriptions. It doesn't matter if it was for penicillan or xanax. What he did was illegal and he should sit in jail and serve his time. I just think they should take the money from his business to pay for him being there and not from the tax payers.

Posted by: AgreeWithTooFunny ()
Date: February 27, 2011 05:52PM

I sooooo agree with you TooFunny! Tired of my tax dollars paying for losers in jail, especially people who could be paying their own way. Jojo's soft serve won't see another dime of my money, it's bad enough I feed him in jail.

Posted by: serve ()
Date: March 16, 2011 09:39PM

Litsen, this is Mr. Jo Jo himself, I will no longer add to such comments nor attempt to explain myself everytime there is a posting. Lets make things clear. Yes I was A police office for 13 yrs,amd in that time I have witnessed more then you can only imagin. When I got out, my nighmares became worse and thats when I began taken a legal--sleeping pill. But after 7 years I was told by my docotor that I needed to stop, I was becoming to dependent on them. Right after, my 19 year old nehew was killed in Iraq and I was asked by my family to veiw the photos to make certain it was him in fact. Then soon, my brother-inlaw hung himself in my nepew bedroom, seems like my nightmares never went away.
I did seek help over and over, but nothing worked. My arrest charges sounded bad, but the medicine I obtained were for me, and not FORGED and not for anyone else thats been proven, Its just that you can only see one doctor when getting the NON-NARCOTIC MEDICINE. sO, ALTHOUGH i BROKE THE LAW HURTING ONLY MYSELF, i AGREED TO SERVE 2 MONTHS AND 2 WEEKS IN JAIL. jO jO'S WAS ALWAYS MY NUMBER ONE CONCERN AND THE KIDS THat CONTINUE TO WORK FOR ME. I WAS DEALING WITH MANY PROBLEMS, BUT I HAVE OVER COME THOSE DEMONS NOW, GODS WITH ME NOW AND THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE ALWAYS LOVE AND CARED FOR ME. TO THE MANY OF PEOPLE WHO RUIN MY NAME,(OR TRIED TO i'M SURE U KNOW NOTHING ABOUT MY GOOD CHARACTER AND WHO I AM. I HAVE DONE SO MUCH FOR SO MANY AND YOUR HATFUL WORDS WILL NEVER CHANGE THAT, SO, NO MORE WRITING,, BELIEVE ALL THAT GOSSIP IF U WILL, BUT JUST KNOW you too have deep deep secrets too this is a fact. My business will still stand strong because I'm loved and I'm a fighter.....the end for good!

Posted by: parents ()
Date: March 20, 2011 11:03PM

I think the best, most responsible thing Joe should do at this time is to tell his young employees to learn to be smart by looking at the bigger picture,beyond Jojo's employment, for their life,listen to their parents who have their best interest, not be reckless just because they become 18,and let go of his personal need to be their mentor/rescuer/idol/boss!Joe has demons to deal with and he uses these young infuential boys to justify his need for purpose.If he really wants to change he would work with their parents not against them.

trianglesfinest Wrote:
> I think the important thing to remember is that
> JoJo DOES do so much for the community. He is
> always giving freely to Graham Park Middle and
> Triange Elementary. Very few of us could honestly
> say that we don't have some sort of issue,
> addiction, vice, or problem. It kills me how when
> someone who is well known in a community gets
> caught for doing something wrong ... it all of a
> sudden is a big deal. Joe is a human being ...
> just as we all are. He made a mistake ... just
> like we all do. I don't think ANYONE would want a
> blog posted on the Internet bashing them for their
> wrong-doings ... so let's not do this to someone
> else. Whatever happened to the Golden Rule?? In
> my eyes, Joe will always be a great community
> figure. There is a lot of good in him ... please
> don't forget that!

Posted by: great ()
Date: March 23, 2011 06:35PM

I CAN'T AGREE MORE!!!!! LET THE MAN BE THE MAN HE IS. AND TO THOSE WHO WRITE WITH HATE,,,,YOU ONLY WISH YOU COULD COME CLOSE TO BEING LIKE HIM.....HERE WE GO, THE HATERS WILL ADD TO THIS I'M SURE......GIVE IT UP LEAVE THE MAN ALONE.

SIGHNED, FROM A YOUNG MAN WHO IS NOW A P.D AND KNOWS OF PEOPLE AND JOE IS A GOOD PERSON!! 18YRS I KNEW HIM

Posted by: I love Joe and JoJos ()
Date: March 26, 2011 01:45PM

I must add this in regard to the message from "parents" that are telling these young people to listen to their parents;;;;; I have known Joe during most of his adult life and the majority of young people he mentors is because they are lacking something from their home life; mostly because their parents are not available or do not have the time to deal with difficulties their young teens are experiencing. Joe has taken the time and effort to "save" numerous young people that are now outstanding young citizens. Go to JoJOs and check them out - some of the nicest and polite young people you will ever meet. and they are loyal to Joe because he listened and took time with them when their parents didn't. He also encourages all of them to remain in school, further their education and to be good young people. So please take a look at yourself "parents"....

Posted by: Mel Rosean ()
Date: March 30, 2011 01:28PM

First off.....the posters Great and Jonathan and Serve are all the same person on this board. The email addresses are Gray0989@aol.com and Gray0809@aol.com, and no doubt are Joe himself or someone who is behind him in his antics.

Second off.....drugs are drugs....whether you buy them off the street or forge perscriptions or go to many doctors to get perscriptions to enable your habit. It's all illegal. And a cop of 14 years SHOULD KNOW BETTER. There is no excuse. We have rehab centers and detox centers to go and dry out.

How can a drug abuser mentor children is what I want to know. It's like speaking out of your mouth and your a$$ at the same time. You talk against drugs but you take and abuse them at the same time? What part of this picture is wrong here? Especially since it's been going on for 7 years.

Family members die all the time, some by very tragic means. Others don't turn to drugs to ease the pain.....it's like alcohol.....a crutch and an excuse to justify the addiction. And it shows that the addicted person is a WEAK person.

I am sorry, but this guy should not be allowed around children of any age.....who knows what type of influence he has on our children.

There was a time when JoJo acted all high and mighty and could do no wrong.....he had an "image" to upkeep. He was going to make something of himself and do better than his older brothers and sisters did for themselves (who ended up being non-working welfare bums living off of others). What happend to that image now?

I for one will not be patronizing this establishment and giving my hard earned money to a drug addicted person!!!! Nor would I ever allow my children anywhere near that place or him.

Posted by: Mel Rosean ()
Date: March 30, 2011 01:37PM

On another note....regarding deaths in the family. Yes it was sad that JoJo's nephew was killed while on duty with the reserves, but he wasn't the only one who has died serving our country.

What I find sad is that the mother of this fallen soldier is now suppossedly having fundraisers in memory of him.....but who is really really getting the money? Thousands of thousands are being raised and where does it go? To her clothes, vehicles and motorcycles she has? This woman hasn't held down a real job in all of her life....expecting others to pay her way.

Well, just another example of the dregs of society.

Posted by: A friend of Joe ()
Date: April 03, 2011 12:34PM

How can he mentor young people?....the same way he has done for years, by being a friend who listens to them and provides them guidance when no one else does. As far as how can he mentor young people with his past addiction? the same way AA has been successful for many years, they teach by their own past addiction.

Also,.I am so glad many of you won't be at Jo Jos, because it will be a few less people in that continuous long line to get the BEST ice cream in PW County.

Posted by: Mannie Moon ()
Date: April 05, 2011 10:26AM

Here is how I look at it.....someone who abuses drugs is no better than a pedophile and they should not be allowed to deal with the public or be around kids. Who is to say they won't give our children drugs when they "slip up" and get hooked again.

This world is not a safe place for our kids.....

Posted by: Jhon54 ()
Date: April 07, 2011 02:42AM

Mel Rosean/and Mannie Moon

WELL YOU ONLY WISH YOU COULD HAVE THE LONG LINES JO HAS. ALSO, HE HIS A GOOD GUY AND THE BEST OF THE BEST. I;M SURE YOU DON'T HAVE DARK SECRETS?????? YOU WRITE OF HIM OF HATE HATE HATE, MAYBE BECAUSE HE WAS SUCH A GOOD COP, OR A GREAT BUSINESS OWNER, OR MAYBE THE FACT THAT THE EMPLOYEES, MOST ADULTS, HAVE BEEN WITH HIM FIR 3-4 YEARS AND WAS ASKED TO BE IN 2 BEST MAN WEDDINGS, THE BOTTOM LINE USE ALL THE HATFUL WORDS YOU WANT, BUT LIKE JOE WROTE ABOVE, AS TRUE AS TRUE AS HE CAN, HE HIS MY HERO AND MENTOR.
SOME OF YOU ONLY WISH YOU CAN BE LIKE HIM,, REMEMBER, YOU TOO HAVE DARK SECRETS IN WITH YOU OR YOUR FAMILY THAT WOUKD JUST PUT YOU UNDER A ROCK. IF YOU WANT TI STAND FORWARD AND SO YOUR BRAVE SELF, THEN YOU GIVE YOUR TRUE EMAIL AND NAME UMMMMM NAW YOU'RE TO SCARED FOR THAT, SO LEARN THIS,,,,,THE MAN WILL BE LOVED AND LIKE NO MATTER WHAT YOU WRITE AND ANYONE WHO RESPONDS TO YOU MAY BE RESPONDING TO A LADY WHO IS FAT, CAN'T RAISE HER OWN KIDS AND ONLY WISH SHE HAD JOE IN HER LIFE!!!!

Posted by: Joe's conscience ()
Date: April 09, 2011 11:38PM

Just how many of these Joe is a great guy blogs are really Joe. They speak the the same speak. Which would support the obvious that he still just doesn't get it.He can't buy honorable reputation by giving ice cream away or appearing overly generous to compensate for his inadequacies.Really Joe...you need to forgive yourself,understand who you are and why and then accept yourself.If you love yourself first then you can reach out and give appropriately without expectations of love, acceptance,consequences,returns or dissappointment. You have got the right idea just not from a complete process of positive emerging experiences.

Posted by: investigator ()
Date: April 12, 2011 08:56PM

I have been investigating this guy for a few years for a client who is the birth sibling of the same mother as Joe Ruhren, but was giving up for adoption. I found out stuff that would make your head spin about the psychology of this criminal. From his childhood, to his career in the police force and life after basically being given a chance to leave the force honorably before the truth came out. If u live in the same area as him, I would watch your kids. I could only say in my opinion that he is a "Sociopath", that stuff he wrote about the death of Family members is true but in the span of 2004-2010, his mental distress is fake as he never even went to the wedding of his sister, who's husband recently killed himself. Indeed by hanging, in his own sons room that fact is true, but it was not the first time he had tried to kill himself "Danny" the brother inlaw in question had a history of psychiatric problems as well as drug abuse. The women Joe used to help him in this crime of drug addiction were sucked in and he has now ruined there lives, a couple rehabs and lots of lies later, he is only getting the tip of what is to come. Guys like this only re-offend.

Posted by: Protect your kids ()
Date: April 16, 2011 12:22PM

I just have a comment for "investigator". You said "If you live in the same area as him, I would watch your kids". If you know something about this man, even allegedly, then you need to let the public know so they can protect their children. NOTHING is worse than a child molester!! This message board is used to keep our neighbors informed of issues and people like this. After reading several of the posts you are not alone in mentioning him with children. "Highlander" said "Jo-Jo used to inspire a lot of kids....especially behind closed doors...". Listen up parents this is enough to warn me and hopefully you to keep your children away from JoJo's Soft Serve, and please don't allow them to work there. Did anyone read the comment directly from Mr. JoJo himself? The police academy must not require much schooling because he can't spell and writes like a second grader. He said that he agreed to serve two months and two weeks in jail. This is not true, he was sentenced to that! You can see under Stafford County court records after being sentenced he filed a motion to reconsider and it was denied. So at this point I can see that Mr. JoJo is a liar and is trying to cover up to make JoJo's Soft Serve look good. Sorry but I'm too educated in law and criminal psychology to fall your notions. Parents you can never keep your children too safe. Everyday you see how an innocent child is abducted from a person they subconciously know and is never seen again. I WON'T have my children in line to get ice cream and subject them to the unknown.

Posted by: LoveforJoJo ()
Date: April 23, 2011 07:51PM

I love jojo's icecream. I will continue to eat it.....and my family will also. Everyone should support all the local businesses, especially the ones that have become a part of our community, in so many positive ways.

Posted by: Mannie Moon ()
Date: April 25, 2011 04:01PM

Jhon54:

You seem to write in the same style as those other idiots who are pretending to be others but really Mr. Jo Jo himself. The spelling and grammar give it away and so does your sentence structure.

Now I just wonder if the Dumfries Police Department was called and questioned as to the reason for the "exit" of the "GOR" (Great Officer Ruhren), I wonder what they would say about him and what his fellow officers and Town Hall members would say about "GOR".

Before "GOR" became "GOR", he was in Maintenance at Melrose Apartments. He was like the "Pied Piper" with all the little boys following him.....he was taking them to the Gym on base and doing things with them, he loved the attention he was getting from these little boys, but it makes one sit up and wonder what the hell he was really doing with these little boys? Funny as it is, alot of these boys are now grown men and don't have a nice thing to say about Mr. JoJo and would not partake of his establishment.

I still stand on my opinion that I would not enable someone who is a drug addict, a liar, and possibly an unsavory character, by giving my hard earned money (earned the LEGAL WAY) to his establishment.

I grew up with "GOR" and in highschool he was weird and is still weird.

Posted by: close friends ()
Date: May 04, 2011 04:27PM

We are very close friends with joe himself and before you go bashing learn yes he was on sleeping pill for seven years it was the last 2 years was the addiction, joe is a great role model and he will always be close to me and my family.

joes is a great guy wiehter or not he fell on his face he is right back to the old jojo. he is still that same carring and giving person he will aslways be. ive known this man since i was 10 now im 21 and i was with him through his rough times not once did he offer anything to kids and wouldnt give one to you if you couldnt sleep. he would never give any to the kids because he was still a role model and didnt one anyone to end up with an addiction. Also if any of you guys suffered from insomnia and some one told you this pill will put you to sleep you would start coming dependant on them to.

Posted by: mean ()
Date: May 05, 2011 08:26AM

all of you on here that have negative stuff to say are pathetic, if you dont like the situation then dont go to jojos anymore but theres no need to waste your day on here.. grow up everyone makes mistakes

Posted by: ProVallone ()
Date: May 05, 2011 08:31AM

Yes everyone makes mistakes... like you writing. Did you ever go to school ?
A third grader writes with more coherence.

Posted by: Larson's Gym ()
Date: May 13, 2011 06:13PM

Oh please, those of us who really know JoJo know exactly how he is....WEIRD! He would bring the boys to the gym on the pretense of "teaching them to wrestle" when really he got his jollies out of giving them wedgies and getting their attention. If the parents of the boys really knew what was going on, they wouldn't have let their kids within 100 feet of this freak. He thought he was a father figure to these boys.....hardly. A role model....not likely! I'm glad I didn't have a son because if I did, I would have been calling the child abuse hotline.

Posted by: 703mama ()
Date: May 24, 2011 06:53AM

It must be nice to be so perfect! I think it's a shame to cast judgement on a person fighting an addiction. I think people should be held accountable for his actions and he was. Almost every restaurant and grocery store employs convicted criminals, addicts, ex-addicts and even work release inmates. I guess you should just stay home and make your own food.

Posted by: Melrose native ()
Date: May 30, 2011 04:27PM

Obviously you folks who are praising Joe and his works don't really know him. I've lived in Melrose for years and have witnessed the antics of the Ruhren family. First off, you got Mama Ruhren who hooks up with an army soldier just to get her green card and come to America. She then has 5 kids to the army guy and he takes off.....wonder why? Then mama has three more kids to other men but gives him the soldier's last name when they are not even his. The first 5 kids are in and out of the system for one reason or another......DUI's, fights, drugs, you name it. One moves away to start a new life (on a dance pole). One hooks up with a Marine and gets knocked up and keeps the child away from his father (that would be Davey Boy's mom - we'll get to her later). Joe becomes a maintenance man at Melrose and his company is questionable (people often wondered if he was a little "queer") and he befriends all the little boys in Melrose, taking them places and doing goodness knows what to them and with them. Maybe you mothers and dads of the boys Joe hung out with should ask these boys what went on during that time. Joe has aspirations of becoming a cop, doing rides with the Dumfries police and Prince William County Police....and low and behold, somehow he becomes a cop. But then, all of a sudden, Joe's a cop no moe.....what happened? Does anyone know the truth? Has anyone questioned why he's not on the Dumfries Police Force any more?

Then comes JoJo's place.....where he is in the company of young kids again. A Mentor you say???? I don't think so. No one has ever seen or heard of Joe being in the company of a woman....only boys. No one has ever heard of Joe having a girlfriend....just the little boys. What does that tell you? Again, parents need to ask their boys who have had contact with JoJo what really went on.

As for "Davey Boy's" Mama.....she didn't raise Davey. Her mother did. Davey was just a cash cow, a meal ticket....money. And if came the time she did have to watch her son, she would scream and holler at him all the time. She did not give him a fulfilling life. How could she, sitting on the porch or laying on the couch all the time smoking her cigarettes and drinking her pop. She never worked while Davey Boy was growing up.....she took from her Mama, her friends, the men she would sleep with and scam them into moving in with her....all of them from the Marine base at Quantico (she loves men in uniform - must be the benefits she thinks she will get from them and their money). All the while not letting Davey Boy know his father and grandparents in Illinois......or only sending him out once a year so he can get a new wardrobe for school. This is how Davey Boy grew up.....being raised really by his grandmother and not his mother. But when Davey Boy went to the service.....then his mother decided she wanted to be known as the soldier's mother......she made sure she was in the newspaper article before he was killed overseas and it became ad nauseam all the times we saw her picture after Davey Boy gave his life for America along with the Mason boy from King George. But Davey Boy's mother made it "all about her". She gave interviews, cried fake tears all for sympathy.....she even got money for Davey Boy's death and what did she do with it.....who knows. She stared "rides" in memory of Davey Boy and then she has a new motorcycle and joins a motorcycle club.....and now she's on vacation down south....it's all on Facebook folks.....all on the internet. No doubt the rides support Davey Boy's mother, when in fact it should be going to scholarships and charaties.

And there is JoJo with the drug problem, Davey Boy's mother thinking everyone should owe her, one older brother who thinks older women should take care of him, another older brother who's been in and out of jail, the older sister who is also on Facebook posting pictures of what she is doing, and then the three younger ones, you don't hear anything about them.....maybe they got smart and lead quiet lives.

History repeats itself.......but keep your sons away from JoJo and his establishment.

Posted by: Haters lol ()
Date: June 04, 2011 06:12PM

What a Joke,,,I'm lol and lol,,,,this is a good good man. I love the fact that every single person gets to hide behind a fake screen name or name. My name is John and I have worked with Joe for so many years and watched him become the best of the best.
Best Cop, Best Business owner and yes, a great Role Model. Not a single person, not one, can say Joe has done anything wrong with any children he has come in contact with. WHO even made this an issue? Oh, yea, the ones who can't stand him or the ones who hates him ever since his job in Law Enforcment.
Well, it's not my place to explain anything, but its so funny how a person can fall victim of his own addiction, not hurt anyone but himself, and then all the haters can do is talk about protect your kids....don't let your kids around him....come on, spare me. This man had mentor so many, given so much, has been the best man in 3 of those he mentored and all you haters can do is accuse him of something that was never looked into or talked about,,,,,because their is no truth to the matter!!!! Just Haters.....Now, I know the same 3 people who keeps switching screen names will pretend they know everything about this man, but please, know this, he does not have an adopted brother, he does not mess with kids and he is a great person, with a great business, only YOU haters wish you could've mask what he has done in the past 20 years, but you can't, so you sit and write hate blogs about this man (again, behind a fake name) good by haters, I'm sure Joe could careless about these blogs, ummmm he's got far big of lines at his shop to worry about your assumtion about him.

Posted by: Melrose native ()
Date: June 09, 2011 10:45AM

Well, I wonder what the parents of the kids JoJo "mentored" would say about him or what the kids he "mentored" would say? It would be interesting.

Posted by: hater ()
Date: June 09, 2011 09:41PM

oh me too,,,,,but,,,,u will find nobody;;;;;;;;; unless that ur a gold degigger
OH MELROSE ARE YOU SCRAED TO SAY WHO YOU R???? Y BECAUSE YOUR LIKE JOE AND MAYBE SHAKE HANDS WITH HIM,,,,,BUT YOU WANT TO STAB IN HE BACK,,,,,,SO IF THIS IS THE CASE TELLS US WHO U ARE.....OH,,,,SCARED

Posted by: up town dumfries ()
Date: June 15, 2011 07:39PM

Check out the source of Jo Jo's wealth. It wasn't ice cream. Do you knwo any teen boys that got paid fve grand a month to soft serve?

Posted by: searcher ()
Date: June 15, 2011 08:32PM

Dig deeper...reporters won't...does so much for schools...volunteer wrestling coach at a middle school...where did he get his money.....what kind of complaints did he get as a cop......why did his bust trigger the dumfries pd meltdown starting with the sex crime officer's computer.....help protect children....dig deeper.

Posted by: Wondering Why ()
Date: June 16, 2011 01:35AM

the posts only "hint" of the misdeeds of this man? What actually happened that he is no longer with the Dumfries Police Department? What illegal dealings was he involved in really? Real estate records show how much he paid for his house. Where did he get the money? Surely not from selling "frozen fake milk".

I think it's time that the cards are on the table and the truth be exposed about JoJo.

Posted by: haters ()
Date: June 18, 2011 01:28AM

Oh Haters,,,,no proof of anything to do with kids, just an addiction problem, and Joe has 5 homes to be exact and he's got 5 cars and a boat,,,you want more info, he left the police to be an business owner, and unlike you, he has lon g long lines, and make more then you do I'm sure.

F

Posted by: haters haters ()
Date: June 22, 2011 01:35AM

Come on jojo.......you can't hide behind fake names and spin your tales. You got caught.....you got fired from the PD.....you got caught again and saw the inside of the jail.

Were you bubba's bitch?

Date: June 22, 2011 04:47PM

NO, THIS IS NOT JOE, BUT I KNOW FOR A FACT HE WAS NEVER FIRED NEVER NEVER FACT FACT AND KEITH BARRETT WITH DPD OH YEA, HE GOT FIRED AND ARRESTED AND SO MUCH MORE.

Posted by: fop ()
Date: June 24, 2011 12:36PM

Hate has nothing to do with it. a reporter should FOI the records from the DPD on this guy. Why was Joe's computer seized and how did that relate to the scandal at the DPD where the sex crimes officer computers were seized? Who did Joe inherit millions of dollars from? Some one should talk the surviving members of his benifactor's family. Court records may give you the names of the ladies children. We should worry about the character of any person that employees children and has a captive clientel of children.

Posted by: Dawn ()
Date: June 25, 2011 09:40AM

I have known Jo Jo for many many years and worked with him while he was in high school. I have always liked him and have no issues of him being around my children. People have problems and thats life. Many of you on here probably have deep dark secrets, god help you of when they come out. Will your friends, family and neighbors turn on you? We do and will continue to eat at Jo Jo's. Hang in there Jo Jo. Hope to see you soon.

Posted by: nuts ()
Date: June 25, 2011 04:02PM

LOL, You guys must really have it out for Ruhren. A great man who has done so much for so many. ok ok, its true he got charged, big deal, he's moving on, still got the best business in town and of course, the haters love to toss in other allegations about this great man.

Seems like everyone who writes the hate letter would love to know why he left the Department,,,I BET ALL OF YOU, that you wouldn't dare ask him and should you do, prepare for the fact you WILL look stupid because he left with Honor<<<<<the truth. Furthermore, he was asked to come back and he declined.

Man oh man,You talk about him with kids (nothing was accused in this area) what, the man can't open an Ice Cream Shop? Now you talk about his riches and a computer seized,,ummmmm, strange, but the only officers I know accused of sex crimes was John Chapman former PWC/DP. Please HATERS (as one person put it) you will gain nothing by you hate letter/blogs.

JOE!!! If you are reading this, we love you (all 77 of us) you are the best of the best!!!! Please don't wast your time reading something that's so untrue. You made many arrest, and you pissed off alot of folks when you struck it rich.....let them keep guessing about who the TRUE person you are.

UMMMM Again, joe getting fired from DPD LMAO he was the best Detective the town could ever hope to keep. Officer of the year, Valor award, best business owner, now I can see why people hate you YOU'RE GREEEEET!

Posted by: Graham Parker ()
Date: June 29, 2011 10:34AM

Okay....setting the record straight. JoJo grew up and didn't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out. His brothers and sisters are loosers, welfare bums. Somehow, he managed to make it through the police academy and went to work for Dumfries. He thought he was hot shit, arresting folks for the same things he was doing himself. Enemies....oh yeah, lots of them. The little boys way back when, find them and talk with them....McGrath, Nicholson, just to name a few of them. See what light they shed on the mentoring. Joe coming into money.....probably from that old lady he befriended and would help take care of up on the hill in between Dumfries and Triangle. That's where he got the dog. And if he was in possession of such a windfall.....how's come that didn't keep him from going to jail?

Check records in Stafford GDC...new charges for this upstanding person.....drving while suspended license and leaving the scene of an accident. Guess police training didn't sink in with him.....he just got his license back and it's restricted too. Guess he can put the bicycle away.

Joe Ruhren, you are a joke, a big joke.

Date: June 29, 2011 07:20PM

See a hater lol who knows nothing of what she's (yes she) talking about. You see Graham Parker is Maureen richter/murphy who went to jail leaving joe to raise her 11 yr old son which I'm glad to say his father took immediate care of him, so my point being and Graham Park (Yes Maureen Ricter/murphy would hate this man and say anything and ake up anything about him..

WHAT a nice guy,,rich guy,,,,educated guy,,,,and this poor lady who I know who it is (software can pull up a lot even when not using a real screen name) is very evil (Right Maureen)

ummmmm, she forgot to mention his business, she's not mad because he's rich is she? look stop hiding behind your fake screen name, stop hating this man for being HOT SHIT because he is and will always be. and please find something better to do with your time, you sit on your fat ass and just JO Jo JO Jo anything you can find, you wouldn't dare talk about how he was never fired, how he was top in his accademy oh lol by Maureen I'm glad ur son didn't turn out like you!!!!

Posted by: dtown ()
Date: July 01, 2011 12:41AM

Graham Parker Wrote:

> Joe coming into money.....probably from that old
> lady he befriended and would help take care of up
> on the hill in between Dumfries and Triangle.
>

True story.

Posted by: JTee ()
Date: July 02, 2011 06:08PM

Gots lots of info on this site on this guy. So do the investigators.

One thing for sure. If he's educated, it doesn't reflect it by his spelling or his grammar.

Posted by: Tjeee ()
Date: July 03, 2011 12:51AM

JTEE 0

Suck my dick!

Posted by: knowing ()
Date: July 04, 2011 10:27AM

Let me first reply by saying the family is not "welfare bums", and I really don't know where you get your information on the family. Yes, there may be a couple of "less than savory characters", but for the most part the family are good, hard working people, that have done well for themselves. No one in this family is on welfare, I know that for a fact!! Trashing JoJo is one thing, but characterizing the family as "welfare bums" is simply not true.There isn't one family member living off of the system.

Posted by: jail? ()
Date: July 04, 2011 03:43PM

so is he in jail? Stafford Co. circuit court records indicate he was found guilty on 10 counts of prescription fraud on 6/6/11, and was sentenced to 12 months in prison with 8 months suspended. (?)

Posted by: dpd ()
Date: July 06, 2011 06:56PM

No Joe's not in jail....he just got his driver''s license back - restricted. That was after he fled the scene of an accident and drove without a license. That hearing is still coming up.

If he's such a great cop, then he should know law about publishing people's name and slander of his fellow prior officers.

And he needs to go back to learn spelling and proper sentences and punctuations.

Posted by: dpd ()
Date: July 06, 2011 06:59PM

Is Joe rich? How did that happen seeing he came from the lower class on Melrose Street? And all the kings horses and all the kings men could not keep him out of the hooskow....neither could his money.

Who are the women that he drug down and used for his drugs? They need to tell what really happened.

Posted by: TDM ()
Date: July 07, 2011 09:02PM

Alright I'll tell you guys a story about this (not so) great cop, Joseph Ruhren aka "JoJo.":

I found his AOL Instant Messenger screen name off of the website of some guy who somehow managed to find it. This "cop" had an away message up that said something like "brb i'm in the hottub and sorry if you don't own one LOL LOL" Is that how a 30+ year old man should type? Well being the 17-year-old immature kid I was, I ended up sending him an IM. I was going to try to tell him about his screenname being on somebody's website and he started acting like a little kid by calling me names like "loser", "dummy", "dork", etc. He kept telling me to go away and when I didn't, he started saying that he would get a subpoena on my computer and a search warrant saying he was going to come find me. When he called me son, I said "I'm not your f***ing son" and he acted like someones little sibling by saying "uh oh you just said a bad word"

Surprisingly, he found me at my High School about three months later. I was called down to security office and he was there. When I met with "JoJo" he was the most unprofessional, arrogant, disrespectful excuse for a police officer that I ever met. JoJo had me follow him into the next room and showed me a paper that said I am being charged with a Class 1 misdemeanor "Harassment by Computer". This loser actually saved our AIM convo and printed it out as "evidence". He proceeded to tell me how he was in the right and I was in the wrong. Here is the most shocking and disturbing part of all: He pulled out a photo of me holding my cat and when I asked where he got that from, he said "From your computer." I asked myself why this guy even needed a picture of me. He couldn't argue that it was because he didn't know my name. If he could break into my computer in a creepy manner, he can find my name. There was no need for the picture. I shudder to think what he did to the picture at his house. I wasn't arrested, but he called my dad at his work and told him what I did. I told my dad about this guy beforehand, so he wasn't hugely surprised that he got a call from him. The only thing that surprised my dad was that JoJo turned out to be a real cop. I remember I had to go to some mediation program and met up with some lady (and the Cop himself didn't even show up). Overall, nothing happened to me. No jail, juvenile detetion or anything like that.

JoJo was (and still is) a disgrace to good police officers everywhere. Some may argue that I shouldn't have messaged him, but that's not the point. He should've been the more mature one between us and just ignored my messages, not get butthurt like a little kid and come find me like a stalker. I am 100% confident that had I sued him, I would've easily won and the judge would've ripped him a new one.

However, I will say that I don't think he's an actual pedophile. I think he just likes being in the company of boys (just a little too much). My guess is he has no chance of fathering a son (since women likely think he's a creep), so he wants to befriend other little boys like they are his own son. But I will say that if he ever was charged or convicted of being a pedo, it would not shock me in the slightest.

So before you "JoJo" supporters start saying that we are "haters", take it from somebody who has met Mr. Ruhren and seen how arrogant, disrespectful, and creepy he is. I saw right through his facade and you people who support this guy and buy his crappy ice cream will see through his facade, too.

Date: July 07, 2011 09:05PM

And his grammar and spelling still suck. Just look up his ice cream shop on Facebook.

Posted by: Lmao ()
Date: July 09, 2011 02:24AM

ummmm,yes, TDM IS RIGH ACCORDING TO JOE, not only was he arrested, but admitted to downloading child porn,,,,,ummmmm, tell the whole truth when you write. Remember, you told joe that you destroyed the hard drive????? You need to be watched!!!!
And say what you will people love, trust and respect this man because they know the person he is.

PLEASE stop hidding behind a fake name haters, Joe has nothing to hide and never has anyone accused him of doing wrong to anyone,,,,haters love to ruin a name over something stupid...his own personal problems. Just once I wish you could prove of his wrong doing to anyone. AT LEAST I didn't destroy my hard drive,,,,why,,,because he has nothing to hide, unlike this punk TDM (I get joe to provide his real name very soon....who admitted to destroying his hard drive for downloading kiddie porn and then called his daddy for help when thigs got deep! So when you talk talk the truth.

Posted by: lmao ()
Date: July 09, 2011 02:41AM

see what I'm saying, TDM just said I found him, arrested him. This adult now even addmitted downloading kiddie porn, and addmitted destroying his hard drive because he knew I was coming. He told me he likes little kids and was charged.

So you see, everyone who writes bad things about this guy either been arrested or had a negative run-in with him when he was a cop. Not one person can say he's done any I MEAN any wrong doing to the teenage kids he's helped better themselves.

He's loved by so many people.....and why is he the talk of the town, because people hate him and make up lies lies,,,,,but just like jo jo found this punk, he has hired an attorney and will track down all those who made false claims against him which are not true. Other then his own personal addiction to his medicine. Trust me He got this punk TDM he'll find you to and sue Defamation of character and trust me he has a private investigator. You can tell the truth, but you can't Accusations that are false!!!

Posted by: DPD ()
Date: July 09, 2011 02:18PM

Looks like he protesteth a little to much. I guess since he has so much money to "throw" away on filing suits against everyone who looks at him funny, he should do something more productive and benefical with the money he has. Donate it to a charity, start a foundation, give to the homeless, pregnancy shelters, domestic abuse shelters, schools for books and supplies, to churches, hospitals for research. He should be more selfless instead of selfish.

But if he did that, he wouldn't get all the attention he is starving for.

Posted by: DPD ()
Date: July 09, 2011 02:21PM

lmao Wrote:
> see what I'm saying, TDM just said I found him,
> arrested him. This adult now even addmitted
> downloading kiddie porn, and addmitted destroying
> his hard drive because he knew I was coming. He
> told me he likes little kids and was charged.
>
> So you see, everyone who writes bad things about
> this guy either been arrested or had a negative
> run-in with him when he was a cop. Not one person
> can say he's done any I MEAN any wrong doing to
> the teenage kids he's helped better themselves.
>
> He's loved by so many people.....and why is he the
> talk of the town, because people hate him and make
> up lies lies,,,,,but just like jo jo found this
> punk, he has hired an attorney and will track down
> all those who made false claims against him which
> are not true. Other then his own personal
> addiction to his medicine. Trust me He got this
> punk TDM he'll find you to and sue Defamation of
> character and trust me he has a private
> investigator. You can tell the truth, but you
> can't Accusations that are false!!!

Which one of the multiple personalities of the attention starved excop is writing the above post? None of the gibberish he writes makes any sense. Time to see a shrink.

Date: July 09, 2011 07:09PM

LOL @ "Lmao" for saying I was arrested when I wasn't and for downloading "kiddie porn" when I didn't.

Posted by: friends ()
Date: July 09, 2011 11:00PM

My family has known Joe for over 18 yrs. He has the biggest heart and has always done what ever he can to see to it that those that love him are taken care of.

He has had a very hard life and made that struggle a dream come true.
Nobody knows this man other then those who really knowns him,,,,,,he's never ever hurt anyone and I think its so funny that his own addiction forced all those who received a ticket, arrested ect to talk bad about my friend Joe. Joe knows about this site, he has even commented on it, but he could care less whats said about him. He's made a mistake (god knows, I'm sure you wouldn't want you infor aired everytime you or your husband, family memembers done something wrong, but, like I said, its only those who are so jeleouse of him and all they talk about is how did he become a cop,or how he got rich or a great business owner ect ect. My husband took his life not to long ago and the things this man done for me and my children were amazing. He does give so much to everyone including schools and churches. Anyone local will know this.No more comments should be made by any TRUE friends or family members at Joes request. This site just fuels people like TDM, which I understand his name will be provided, just like Joe name was and false accusations made against him, rather in the case of TDM who was crying according to Joe, and when asked for his computer, he agreed to turn it over (remember he admitted above, that Joe located him and charged him with computer crimes) so you got to believe that he addmitted that he downloaded kiddie porn. If he did this at 17 yrs of age, you know he still has this on his mind......its guys like this Joe understands would lie and make up stories about him, but hey, TDM your name will be listed as well, so the public can be warned about (what you like to surf on the web) research will be made as to where you live so your neighbors will know as well. And for the rest of the ones who accused this man of wrong doing, with simply no proof AND you never will, you will be located as well. No more comments please from Joes friends, he's already has his agents looking into all those who made false statements against him and which may have caused Defamation of character. Before I end this, Does TDM want to tell everyone who you are before it gets blasted here soon? ummm I'm sure you won't, but you'll be doing many families and area kids some good.....they can watch you like you did on your computer before you destroyed your computer.

Date: July 10, 2011 12:31AM

Another one of his supporters who can't get her facts straight and also has terrible grammar. I was never charged with having "kiddie porn" nor have I slandered anybody, LOL. Want to go for double jeopardy where the scored can really change?

Posted by: 2MI ()
Date: July 11, 2011 01:37PM

This entire post needs to be removed, enough already! These message boards are suppose to be informative, not for bashing someone. This is turning into a gossip column. Remember the meaning of gossip: the spreading of dirt and misinformation. People mind your own business and stop being so cruel! Need I say more.

Posted by: I hate dumfries ()
Date: August 18, 2011 11:11AM

I was told by this dick head to never come back again after I told the kids working there "Hey man, sorry you guys have to work for such a douche bag"
He leaned out of the window and shouted it. If you go there call sprinkles "Jimmies" that is what will set him off.

Posted by: Shannon ()
Date: September 01, 2011 10:27AM

DEAR MELROSE NATIVE-

You have to be a nasty worthless person to sit on you're obese ass and talk about my Grandmother that passed away from cancer. Who does that? Who thinks it's ok to talk about a women in a disrecpectful way that suffered the way she did. She raised 9 kids, who else do you know that has done that? Don't talk about my grandmother and my daughters great grandmother that way. It's disgusting and you look like the idiot that needs to get you're shit together. You're parents should of had an abortion with you, done us all a favor.

Get off my uncle's nuts, what are you some crazy old cat lady jojo wouldn't go out with? Awwww did he break you're heart and all you have now is a tub of ice cream from jojo's soft serve... lol He's had girl friends, i've met them. One was a teacher, so stop making things up. I don't understand why people say he's interested in boys, if he did anything with any of them then which one pressed charges on him then? Come on who.. Oh it's all bullshit hear say... That's right. As much as you know about my family's jobs and this and that you would think someone would press charges on you for being a psycho stalker. Yea Jojo got into some trouble, ok what's it anyone's business but his? What does a pill charge have to do with freaking ice cream? You all pop some kind of pills and you want to judge him because he fell on hard times got caught up in something he couldn't find a way out of? Wow, people make me sick. Instead of helping each other and the community you sit on your high horse thinking your better then everyone and you've never needed help or had a problem that you didn't know how to fix. It's disgusting. You know what, maybe you people are right. Who wants to help people in a community that act like you assholes?

Davey lived with Sonja to, I stayed with my cousin and my aunt for awhile years before he went into the service. See you don't know what the hell your talking about, you just want to talk shit on the Ruhren's but before you do get your facts straight. What happened? Did one of us slap your face off? Didn't want anything to do with you? Or did your parents just raise a miserable fuck that still lives in grannys basement?

And by the way, you only wish you were pimp like my dad and could get with rich women. so FUCK YOU

Date: September 01, 2011 10:54AM

LOL one more thing....

"INVESTIGATOR" and "PROTECT YOUR KIDS" have to be the same people, and if it's not then im scared there's 2 of you idiots running around. There was no investigator hired lol and if there was your a terrible investigator seeing how you can't even spell all your words out. I wouldn't hire you if you were real lol. Why would someone hire you to look at there psychological problems when there trying to find a "long lost brother" lol. It's bullshit and a terrible excuse.

Oh and PROTECT YOUR KIDS- I heard you were a child molester so you need to give everyone your information for the public safety of our children!! If anyone one has any information on this person it needs to be made public. NOTHING is worse then a child molester!

Posted by: postpoppunk ()
Date: September 01, 2011 11:36PM

ninnjette@hotmail.com

Like an email address being "public"?

Date: October 07, 2011 08:12PM

Yea I do like my e-mail address being public. Here i'll do it for you NINNJETTE@HOTMAIL.com. Bitch

Posted by: Curiosity killed the cat ()
Date: October 21, 2011 11:47AM

Shannon, which is it, is he your uncle or your dad?????

Regarding the insinuations of child molesting - why haven't the police been notified of this and notified of this blog?

Posted by: former ret detective ()
Date: January 11, 2012 07:15PM

Because not one person ever ever accused him of something that is so dumb....did i mention hes a good guy, why dont u hater fuck with someone else or better yet SHOW PROOF PROOF PROOF SORRY HE'S well off sorry he may have given u a ticket or better yet arrested u or a family memember.....please show proof or shut the fuck up

Posted by: Highlander ()
Date: January 12, 2012 04:12PM

I would rather see proof you made it past the sixth grade....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2012 04:13PM by Highlander.

Posted by: MomInVA ()
Date: February 05, 2012 11:30AM

It doesn't matter that this joker was a good cop bad cop or what type of cop. It doesn't matter how good or bad influence he was on kids in the past.

HE WAS ARRESTED FOR PRESCRIPTION FRAUD. HE KNEW THE LAW (HE WAS A COP REMEMBER) AND HE DISOBEYED THE LAW.

For those of you who are singing his praises.....go sing somewhere else.

HE IS A CONVICTED FELON.......END OF DISCUSSION

Date: February 18, 2012 08:08PM

Well, this "UPSTANDING CITIZEN" who does so much for the community is in trouble once again.....PROBATION VIOLATION.....CAPIAS ISSUED ON HIM.....ANOTHER HEARING ON MARCH 2ND IN STAFFORD COURT........all public record.

http://wasdmz2.courts.state.va.us/CJISWeb/Search.do

STILL WANT YOUR KIDS AROUND THIS GUY.....DON'T THINK SO.!

MomInVA Wrote:
> It doesn't matter that this joker was a good cop
> bad cop or what type of cop. It doesn't matter
> how good or bad influence he was on kids in the
> past.
>
> HE WAS ARRESTED FOR PRESCRIPTION FRAUD. HE KNEW
> THE LAW (HE WAS A COP REMEMBER) AND HE DISOBEYED
> THE LAW.
>
> For those of you who are singing his
> praises.....go sing somewhere else.
>
> HE IS A CONVICTED FELON.......END OF DISCUSSION

Date: February 18, 2012 08:37PM

WELL WELL WELL,,,,,,JOE JOE ALSO HAS A DRUG/ALCOHOL CASE AGAINST HIM IN GENERAL DISTRICT COURT IN STAFFORD.

Name Search
Case Number Search
Hearing Date Search
Service/Process Search
Name Search
Case Number Search
Hearing Date Search
Service/Process Search

Prince William County General District

Traffic/Criminal Case Details
Case/Defendant Information
Case Number : GC12001343-00 File Date : 01/26/2012 Locality : COMMONWEALTH OF VA
Name : RUHREN, JOSEPH Status : Bail Defense Attorney : CROSSLAND
Address : TRIANGLE, VA 22172 AKA1 : 1200348 AKA2 :
Sex : Male Race : White Caucasian(Non-Hispanic) DOB : 02/06/****

Charge Information
Charge : DRUG/ALCOHOL SCREEN TEST VIOL
Code Section : 18.2-251.4 Case Type : Misdemeanor Class : 1
Offense Date : 01/24/2012 Arrest Date : 01/25/2012 Complainant : CARLSON, M.
Amended Charge : Amended Code : Amended Case Type :

Hearing Information
Date Time Result Hearing Type Courtroom Plea Continuance Code
01/26/2012 09:30 AM Continued 2
02/06/2012 09:30 AM Continued Bond 2A
03/06/2012 08:45 AM Continued Adjudicatory
03/14/2012 08:45 AM

Service/Process
Person Served Process Type Date Issued Date Returned Plaintiff How Served

Disposition Information

Final Disposition :
Sentence : 00Months 000Days 00Hours Sentence Suspension Time : 00Months 000Days 00Hours
Probation Type : Probation Time : 00Years 00Months 000Days Probation Starts :
Operator License Suspension Time : 00Years 00Months 000Days Restriction Start Date : Restriction End Date :
Operator License Restriction Codes :
Fine : Costs : Fine/Costs Due :
Fine/Costs Paid : Fine/Costs Paid Date : VASAP :

Home | Virginia's Court System | Online Services | Case Status and Information | Court Administration | Directories | Forms | Judicial Branch Agencies | Programs
Build #: 5.0.10

Date: March 07, 2012 11:57AM

Well it looks like the "UPSTANDING CITIZEN" Joe Ruhen is back in jail for 6 months for violating his probation.....for testing positive for drugs......

Now will you stupid people make sure your kids stay away from this jerk?

Date: March 12, 2012 12:48PM

My uncle, and I think it's weird everyone's so obsessed with him. Think people need to worry about there own family more and shut up about mine.

Date: March 13, 2012 09:07AM

Shannon Wrote:
> My uncle, and I think it's weird everyone's so
> obsessed with him. Think people need to worry
> about there own family more and shut up about
> mine.

Poor Shannon.......did you make your online reservation to visit your Uncle Joe in Rahappannock Regional Jail this week? Remember, only two visitors at a time and you must be dressed decently....no tank tops, no mini skirts and no shorts and make sure you keep your belly covered up.

LOLOLOLOL.

Posted by: InsideNoVA ()
Date: March 14, 2012 04:47PM

Posted by: NA ()
Date: March 14, 2012 04:51PM

Posted by: TexasMom ()
Date: March 14, 2012 06:45PM

As someone who has a lot of knowledge of Joe personally, and as a mother of a child that was befriended by Joe at the age of 15, I have no doubt that the above story is true. I have seen what Joe is capable of and I have emails to back it up. Thank goodness he has finally been caught. At least I know I won't hear from him again . . . .

Posted by: ItFigures ()
Date: March 15, 2012 06:24AM

TexasMom:

You need to contact the authorities that are charging JoJo and provide them with what you have and know.

This creep needs to be kept off the streets for good.

Hopefully all the victims he abused will finally come forth.

TexasMom Wrote:
> As someone who has a lot of knowledge of Joe
> personally, and as a mother of a child that was
> befriended by Joe at the age of 15, I have no
> doubt that the above story is true. I have seen
> what Joe is capable of and I have emails to back
> it up. Thank goodness he has finally been caught.
> At least I know I won't hear from him again . . .
> .

Date: March 15, 2012 03:11PM

Posted by: Needs to be put away forever. ()
Date: March 15, 2012 03:21PM

Shannon Wrote:
> mine.

Well Shannon, now all of Virginia knows what a POS your perverted uncle is. Still going to sing his praises? Maybe when his mugshot is on the National Sexual Offenders Website???

I bed you are so proud of your uncle now......and so is the rest of your worthless family. It all started with Grandma....remember that.

Posted by: Melissa Dawn ()
Date: March 15, 2012 03:23PM

I think it is so sad that for 2 years people have been calling him a pedophile and saying he molests children. However, no one ever came forward or told the police anything that they knew. What kind of world do we live in that people just decide to keep their mouths shut in real life and hide behind online blogging. My family has known JoJo for years. And yes he has done so many wonderful things in the community and for our children. That doesn't give him the right to put his hands on children. The drugs are one thing but a molester is another. Its sickening to think about how many other boys are out there that have been to afraid to come forward. Hopefully they will now.

Date: March 15, 2012 04:23PM

It's no surprise that this scumbag was finally caught. Everybody, including him unfortunately, is innocent until proven guilty. But I can honestly say that I do believe he is guilty, and he will be getting a "banana split" in jail, and not the kind at his crappy ice cream shack. For the record, that shack needs to close down when he is found guilty.

That is all.

Posted by: Midknight ()
Date: March 16, 2012 11:00AM

I don't live in Va anymore so I was shocked to find out from a friend the latest charges involving Joe. I have known Joe since he was 14 and always found him to be kind, generous, and helpful. I don't believe these latest charges for a minute. You people have been posting innuendos on this blog for years. Some of it so direct, it is punishable by law. Look up lible and slander in the dictionary for most of u too dumb to know u are breaking the law. Some idiot reading these postings gets delusions of grandour and is greedy and sick enough to come up with this. And u have no-one to blame but yourselves and your malicious gossip. God, what sanctimonious scumbags u people are.
As for saying anything about Sonja, Mr. Rosen and "investigator" you crossed the line. I will be giving Sonja the number of my attorney and he will find her a good attorney in D.C. And u can deal with them. Hope u have a lot of irrefutable proof or u two scumbags will lose your shirts. See, I once was also a "loser" from Melrose and met Sonja right after she returned from Illinois, when both our sons were babies. So let me set the record straight on Sonja. First, the sperm donar,AKA so-called dedicated dad was abusive. Second it was this lowlife's own parents who would not let him see Davey when he was there visiting. I know this because I have met Davey's grandmother Chris several times and she told me. How could she have told me? Because she would actually visit her grandson and Davey did go to them every summer. I did the same with my son and his paternal grandparents. Anna did not raise Davey. Sonja worked two jobs to make sure he had everything in life. If anything, she spoiled him. Everything she did was for him. Anna babysat while Sonja worked as any caring grandmother would. Sonja has NEVER been on welfare and I'm pretty sure none of the other brothers and sisters have either. Sonja also never had a guy live with her. She was in a 10 year relationship with someone in their own home that they both paid for. As for her charities for Davey they are tax deductable and therefore come under close scrutiny of the IRS. This is where u crossed the line and I hope she does sue you. If those charities lose donors because of your slanderous words. If she doesn't I will since I am a donor. Maybe u sleazebags forget or don't know that because of Davey's tragic murder, she received the benefits of his life insurance money which was a considerable sum and is given to her in annuities. She still works for a living. And she works damn hard for "Davey's Ride". I hope u never know the anguish of a mother losing her only child. Two boys joined the military after 9/11. One came back and one didn't. I am so proud of what she does because if it had been the other way around and it was my son who did't come back I wouldn't be writing this. I would be dead. As a final note lots of people lived in "loser" Melrose. Most from Quntico but also a lot of people who wanted a cheap place to live while saving money to buy a house, go to college, etc.
Watch out you two, I will find out who u are and we Marines are an evil lot aren't we? Look what we go through to protect sleaze like you two. Hope your honest on your taxes, don't have a skeleton in the closet, aren't secret cross dressers or anything. I will find all the dirt on you and it will be published. Then you'll get the experience of having your name dragged through the mud. I will promise this much. If you have ever done anything immoral,illegal or depraved I will ruin you. You will lose everything.

Posted by: Apples and Oranges ()
Date: March 16, 2012 02:13PM

Shannon Wrote:
> mine.

I guess it's newsworthy and not an obsession....he's even made the paper in SanAntonio, Texas.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/article/Former-police-officer-in-Va-charged-in-sex-abuse-3409050.php

Posted by: my family ()
Date: March 16, 2012 04:59PM

You know know nothing about my mother obviously you cannot add my mother had 6 bitch, then my mother had 3 she never got remarried. I grew up in melsrose all my life and over all. I don't know who the fuck you think you are to make those comments. But leave my mother out of all this. I took care of my mother half my life before she was taken from me by cancer. Anyone who wants to talk about my mother I am not hard to find in person. You think you can go hard on the internet but it will be a totally different story when you see me in person. I'm not a pussy like most of you all who want to talks shit my family over the internet . Be brave and come see me in person.

Posted by: my family ()
Date: March 16, 2012 05:14PM

Let me tell you something just like I said to the Melrose bitch its not hard to find me and I don't give a fuck if this is on the internet. You will never talk about my mother and I don't do prescription drugs like half of you motherfuckers on the interment. That is my twin and I love him more than life itself and I will always stand beside him. If you need to find me its not hard. Shit ill even give you my address.

Posted by: Ac ()
Date: March 16, 2012 05:23PM

I've known Jojo n Helen for years. Helen was the only one who took care of her mother when she was dying of cancer. She left her ex Tim to care for her mother. Helen will always love her brother and stand by him.Helen doesn't like anyone talking about her mother.

Va. Ice Cream Shop Owner, Joseph Ruhren, Faces Charges For Sexually Abusing Boy
Posted by: Fox 5 News ()
Date: March 17, 2012 09:36AM

Va. Ice Cream Shop Owner, Joseph Ruhren, Faces Charges For Sexually Abusing Boy
Ruhren is a former police officer
Updated: Wednesday, 14 Mar 2012, 11:46 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 14 Mar 2012, 11:44 PM EDT
By BOB BARNARD/myfoxdc

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/virginia/va-ice-cream-shop-owner-joseph-ruhren-faces-charges-for-sexually-abusing-boy-031412#ixzz1pNfo93Z1

DUMFRIES, Va. - A former small town northern Virginia police officer who now owns a popular ice cream shop in Dumfries, Va. is charged with sexually abusing a boy over a five-year period ending in 2001.

The alleged victim lives in Fredericksburg. The accused, 41-year-old Joseph Ruhren, is facing 23 criminal charges - including forcible sodomy and aggravated sexual battery.

Prince William County police say they first learned of these allegations during the summer of 2010 when a then-27-year-old man came to them alleging that he had been sexually abused by Ruhren between 1996 and 2001 when the accuser was 12 to 16 years old, and the accused was a police officer in the Town of Dumfries.

Without commenting about the allegations, a Dumfries police official told FOX 5 Ruhren worked as a patrol officer for the town from August, 1996 until he retired in April, 2004. That is when he opened Jo Jo's Original Softserve on Main Street in Dumfries.

"The ice cream there is so good," says longtime customer Leah Harris. "We always take the kids over there so they can goof off in the summer time and just enjoy the ice cream and the weather."

After asking us to leave the property, a man and woman who said they were related to Ruhren told us these were just allegations from 16 years ago and that "he's innocent, he didn't do it."

Ruhren was arrested in the Rappahannock jail where he was already behind bars for reportedly violating terms of his probation on fraud charges involving prescription drugs.

And though its owner is facing serious charges, Jo Jo's Original Softserve remains open for business.

Va. Ice Cream Shop Owner, Joseph Ruhren, Faces Charges For Sexually Abusing Boy: MyFoxDC.com

Posted by: More lies spewed ()
Date: March 17, 2012 01:28PM

Wow you say you were a cop for 13 years when Dumfries says from 1996 to 2004 - maybe "Ruhren Math" is alot different than what every other one of us studied in school, but 2004 minus 1996 is "8" and that's the same number of years Dumfries said you were on their force.

As for you "agreeing to serve 2 months and 2 weeks", sentencing was for all 10 counts was 10 years WITH ALL BUT 4 MONTHS SUSPENDED....which means you had to serve at least 75% of that 4 months in jail. You didn't agree to anything, that is what the judge gave you. Plus INDIFINATE SUPERVISION OF PROBATION.

Then you got a restricted license but you also were caught driving without one (FINE OF $250.00 AND CHARGES OF $92.00) and then you fled the scene of an accident at the same time (FINE OF $250.00), for which you were also charged. So then again in January of 2012, knowing you still on INDEFINATE SUPERVISION OF PROBATION, you tested positive in PWC for drugs once again, to which that fine is $291.00, which resulted in your PROBATION VIOLATION IN STAFFORD and now you have to serve 6 MONTHS WITH NOTHING SUSPENDED.

Just for clarification purposes, all the suspended time from all the 10 counts is still over your head and once you get out, if you even spit on the street, your probation can be revoked once again.

The $1,000,000.00 question here is.....what was the real reason you no longer work for Dumfries Police Department? And as the facts state in all the newspaper articles and tv reports, the investigation against you for molesting the young boy HAS BEEN GOING ON SINCE 2010, not last week, not last month, not even 6 months ago, and the FBI are involved in it too beside PWC Police. They obviously have alot of evidence to be investigating since 2010.

serve Wrote:
> Litsen, this is Mr. Jo Jo himself, I will no
> longer add to such comments nor attempt to explain
> myself everytime there is a posting. Lets make
> things clear. Yes I was A police office for 13
> yrs,amd in that time I have witnessed more then
> you can only imagin. When I got out, my nighmares
> became worse and thats when I began taken a
> legal--sleeping pill. But after 7 years I was told
> by my docotor that I needed to stop, I was
> becoming to dependent on them. Right after, my 19
> year old nehew was killed in Iraq and I was asked
> by my family to veiw the photos to make certain it
> was him in fact. Then soon, my brother-inlaw hung
> himself in my nepew bedroom, seems like my
> nightmares never went away.
> I did seek help over and over, but nothing worked.
> My arrest charges sounded bad, but the medicine I
> obtained were for me, and not FORGED and not for
> anyone else thats been proven, Its just that you
> can only see one doctor when getting the
> NON-NARCOTIC MEDICINE. sO, ALTHOUGH i BROKE THE
> LAW HURTING ONLY MYSELF, i AGREED TO SERVE 2
> MONTHS AND 2 WEEKS IN JAIL. jO jO'S WAS ALWAYS MY
> NUMBER ONE CONCERN AND THE KIDS THat CONTINUE TO
> WORK FOR ME. I WAS DEALING WITH MANY PROBLEMS, BUT
> I HAVE OVER COME THOSE DEMONS NOW, GODS WITH ME
> NOW AND THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE ALWAYS LOVE AND CARED
> FOR ME. TO THE MANY OF PEOPLE WHO RUIN MY NAME,(OR
> TRIED TO i'M SURE U KNOW NOTHING ABOUT MY GOOD
> CHARACTER AND WHO I AM. I HAVE DONE SO MUCH FOR SO
> MANY AND YOUR HATFUL WORDS WILL NEVER CHANGE THAT,
> SO, NO MORE WRITING,, BELIEVE ALL THAT GOSSIP IF U
> WILL, BUT JUST KNOW you too have deep deep secrets
> too this is a fact. My business will still stand
> strong because I'm loved and I'm a fighter.....the
> end for good!

Posted by: Sleepy Town News ()
Date: March 17, 2012 03:04PM

http://washingtonexaminer.com/local/virginia/2012/03/ex-cop-who-opened-ice-cream-shop-accused-molesting-boy/375286

Melissa Dawn Wrote:
> I think it is so sad that for 2 years people have
> been calling him a pedophile and saying he molests
> children. However, no one ever came forward or
> told the police anything that they knew. What
> kind of world do we live in that people just
> decide to keep their mouths shut in real life and
> hide behind online blogging. My family has known
> JoJo for years. And yes he has done so many
> wonderful things in the community and for our
> children. That doesn't give him the right to put
> his hands on children. The drugs are one thing
> but a molester is another. Its sickening to think
> about how many other boys are out there that have
> been to afraid to come forward. Hopefully they
> will now.

Date: March 17, 2012 06:36PM

I drove by JoJo's SoftServe and I noticed there was a decent sized line. What on Earth is wrong with those people?!?! Why are they still supporting and standing by this arrogant, creepy piece of garbage? Those people who support this guy are either dumb or blind to the facts, and truly do not protect their loved ones. I feel sorry for the boys who were victims of this creepy pedophile, and I feel sorry for the employees who were deceived into thinking Mr. "JoJo" (stupid nickname to begin with) does so much good for his community. You people should be ashamed of yourselves.

Pages: 123AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 3

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.