HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Prince William :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Gateway Center Completion - Gainesville
Posted by: RaginCajun ()
Date: April 15, 2007 10:15PM

Does anyone know when work will begin on the other phases of the VA Gateway Center? All the land appears to have been graded last year and the old www.vagateway.com site showed plans for 2 new shopping plazas that had a movie theater, more shops and restaurants. If anyone in the know has details, please share.

Thanks,
T

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gateway Center Completion - Gainesville
Posted by: SE ()
Date: June 15, 2007 03:33PM

That would be awesome if they built a movie theatre in Gainesville. I hate driving to Manasshole or Fairfax.

Posted by: Annie ()
Date: February 20, 2009 09:39AM

Last I heard, they were supposed to start it this year ('09) and have it open in Spring 10. The Peterson Companies described it as "Fairfax Corner on steriods" and should have a large bookstore, upscale shopping, dining, and a movie theatre. Let's hope they move forward, despite the economy. There are no good clothing stores near here and I would KILL for a good movie theater.

Posted by: Gainesville's Finest ()
Date: March 08, 2009 07:53PM

No movie theater. The movie theater company that was going to open up one across from the 5 Below and Sports Authority got bought out last year by Hoyt's, or whoever owns the one in Manassas. Thus, they don't want another one so close and cannibalizing their business.

Date: March 09, 2009 04:39PM

Damn Hoyts! They could still make plenty of money. I want a movie theater! I swear if they build one out toward Warrenton, I will totally go there, rather than Manassas.

Posted by: GvilleMomma ()
Date: March 09, 2009 10:34PM

I took my 8 yr old to Hoyt's in Manassas a few weeks ago, and even he said he didnt like the movie theatre there =X

On a different note, BWW's is opening on the 16th!!! =D

Date: March 10, 2009 02:32PM

Also, Chick-fil-A opens this week. I love me some sweet tea.

Date: March 11, 2009 02:05PM

Speaking of Chick-Fil-A, I drove by there today along Linton Hall and saw TENTS and people seriously camping out to get the free food they are giving to the first customers when they open tomorrow. Totally bizarro world.

Date: March 13, 2009 02:06PM

I did go to the Chick-fil-a on opening day. I got accosted by a large cow as it gestured for me to "eat mor chikin."

Posted by: Gainesville's Finest ()
Date: March 20, 2009 11:42AM

The line for Chik fil a was for the first 100 people in line. If you were over 18 and stayed until the 630 opening, you got 52 coupons for a free combo meal. The first 100 people were in line as of 8am the day before.

I knew somebody that was in line. Some people were from Maryland and W. VA. Lots of college kids on spring break. One guy had done 25 of these openings...

Crazy. And the wind that night was insane.

But, BWW is open and it's awesome. I had a ticket to their "pre-game" opening the weekend of 3/13 - 3/15. Basically a chance for the servers to work on their game. Ordered a ton of food and it ended up being free!!! That was awesome.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.