HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Prince William :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
What happened to Woodbridge
Posted by: WDBRDGENative ()
Date: April 10, 2010 01:39AM

I grew up in Woodbridge in Marumsco Acres to be exact, I moved away in the early 90's, I recently came back on a visit to my parents and had a little time to look around.
I was shocked to see the condition of North Woodbridge, it is a dump, a ghetto and pretty embarrasing.
Almost everything from the river to Longview drive is gone and what remains looks like hell, trash everywhere, dirty parking lots,old beat up buildings and vacant stores.
The old neighborhoods are in dismal shape, the houses look unkept with old cars in the driveways, trash on the curbs from foreclosed houses and overgrown lawns.
Why has the BOS allowed this to happen ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What happened to Woodbridge
Posted by: bledbetter ()
Date: April 12, 2010 03:42PM

Beats me...

we-dont-need-no-stinking-badges.jpg

;)

Posted by: Si Se F**K YOU ()
Date: May 11, 2010 12:18PM

WDBRDGENative Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I grew up in Woodbridge in Marumsco Acres to be
> exact, I moved away in the early 90's, I recently
> came back on a visit to my parents and had a
> little time to look around.
> I was shocked to see the condition of North
> Woodbridge, it is a dump, a ghetto and pretty
> embarrasing.
> Almost everything from the river to Longview drive
> is gone and what remains looks like hell, trash
> everywhere, dirty parking lots,old beat up
> buildings and vacant stores.
> The old neighborhoods are in dismal shape, the
> houses look unkept with old cars in the driveways,
> trash on the curbs from foreclosed houses and
> overgrown lawns.
> Why has the BOS allowed this to happen ?
illegal immigrants Pictures, Images and Photos
mexican Pictures, Images and Photos
Day laborers Pictures, Images and Photos
Day Laborers Clean Streets Pictures, Images and Photos

Posted by: ben456 ()
Date: July 30, 2010 12:39PM

i live in woodbridge, not the nice area. its the "wets", didnt start calling them that until i moved here. PW needs go get there act together and really drop the hammer. i have a full sized truck and cant even get a slurpe with out my truck getting scratched by them. what has america come to?

Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: August 12, 2010 02:40PM

When did you "grow up" there? In the 60s?

Woodbridge has always been a shithole.

Posted by: T2T ()
Date: October 04, 2010 09:03AM

I can fully agree with that. I lived in southern PW county during the late 80s. While Woodbridge wasn't overrun with illegals at the time, it still had its share of blight. All I remember is lots of rednecks were there at the time. I guess the illegals have forced even the rednecks out - who have probably moved further to the south.

More Complete Wrote:
> When did you "grow up" there? In the 60s?
>
> Woodbridge has always been a shithole.

Posted by: Woodbilgia ()
Date: October 07, 2010 01:50PM

I grew up in Woodbridge - Marumsco Acres the 60's and 70's (Gar-Field '78), moved out on my own in the early 80's after college. I still have friends that live there and go back regularly to visit.

What happened? Well, the Rte. 1 corridor has *always* been a nasty strip of fast food joints, sketchy stores (Hahn's Novelty Shop, Penguin Feather Records and Tapes - and bongs in the back, that nameless crab shack, used car lots). But the businesses thrived, despite the massive amounts of ugly. The death knell was the opening of Potomac Mills Mall which made that area a haven for all the satellite businesses around it. Every business that still had an ounce of life ran over there and left Rte. 1. a burned out shell. The immigrants tried to bring in a bunch of bodegas that also failed. It looks like a war zone.

The immigrant population moved in to support the building boom of the late 90s in the Fairfax/north areas as the oldsters moved out into retirement - Woodbridge was cheap and as close as they could get to the sites.

Most of the illegals have left though since PWC started doing the Dept of Immigration's job. I think a lot of them have landed in Rockville. What's left are those who actually did their paperwork and have green cards etc. But face it, it's not the highly educated intelligentsia that moved here. It's the villagers, barrio dwellers, and the desperate looking for *any* work - more than what they had at home. Basically, Mexican rednecks - thus the crotch grabbers in the pics above. (real classy guys, huh? The American grown variety of redneck are still around, but are mostly background noise. You still see the occasional lifted Chevy truck with a stars and bars in the back window.

Woodbridge is considered a growth spot now, what with with affordable houses, some really nice condos back on the old Harry Diamond Labs land, the VRE stops for commuters, and the commuter bus system.

I think Rte. 1 has been targeted for a lot of renewal work. It'll be interesting to see. I just hope no brick sidewalks. It's definitely in need of some TLC - in fact, it always has been. The trashy looking sprawl that the county allowed to grow there in the first place was an embarrassment.

Date: October 07, 2010 03:12PM

Rt. 1 has been on the plan for "renewal" work since I lived in P.W. in the late 80s. Still, ground has not been broken for these projects. I think it sounds good for them to talk about it. However, paying for all the needed work is another topic. I doubt if we'll see the work completed in our lifetetime.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: October 11, 2010 12:42PM

The gov't should turn Hoodbrdge into a bombing range.

Date: October 11, 2010 01:45PM

Woodbridge is what it is. It probably won't get better, but could get worse. The biggest downfall is that Rt. 1 goes right through it. If you go up and down the east coast on Rt. 1, there are plenty of armpit towns located on Rt. 1. It just goes with the territory.

Posted by: G ()
Date: October 12, 2010 11:33PM

I sure miss my redneck Dale City neighbor... he used to get out of his work van with a 12-pack under his arm and already on his 3rd beer, light illegal fireworks with his cigarette (any time of the year, not just July 4th), would be up late at night working on a loud-ass Harley trike out in the driveway, had a fire pit made of cinder blocks in the backyard, and sometimes when he and his brother were drunk they would fist-fight each other out in the street until his wife called the cops. Good times.

Now some Pakis live there with shady burkha women coming in and out of the basement.

Posted by: Moose ()
Date: December 14, 2010 02:25PM

I was born and raised in Alexandria then later lived in Springfield. Always disliked Woodbridge, wouldn't even drive over the bridge. Then an opportunity for a large home arose at a cheap price and with the situation I was in at the time, I took it. Bad decision. Thinking only a couple of years I'd be there. Welp, it's now been many years and lemme' tell ya, I have had enough.
Yes, it was known as an area with nothing but Rednecks. But I tell ya, those Rednecks would do anything for a person. Many have left, I wonder where they've gone,but know they're long gone ~ good for them.
My once very well kept yard is not so much anymore. Why? With the 24/7 parade of people up and down my street, carrying their grocery bags and 12 packs of beer ~ staggering as they walk, the ones that they say were run out by PWC? Yeah, not all ~ while working in my yard, which I use to love to do, I'm stared at like they've never seen a woman before, they grab their crotches, yell things in their language that NO, I ABSOLUTELY REFUSE TO LEARN. I've been backed up in my own driveway being asked to live in my basement! And I am definitely no pansy, I can certainly take care of my own, but I just feel plain uncomfortable being out in my own yard. You can usually tell which ones are not their yards. Most Americans don't have picnic tables, grills, swing sets, tons of trash cans w/ the trash falling out and 50 million cars parked up on the grass.
We're given a lovely lil' treat on the weekends when they have their parties, with what sounds like music being spewed over an amplifier that you can hear BLOCKS away. Fighting, yelling, screaming, an occasional gun shot, ohh how nice. Them standing out in the street, next to their cars giving you a look like, "how dare you try to pass us"; and moving when they darn well feel like it. One can call the police (bless their hearts) all you want, but before they arrive, they scatter like little rats. I'm sorry, but it's true. So you end up not calling the police because you're just wasting their time.
Just the other night, I pulled in to 7-11 just simply to get a drink. I could barely get into a parking spot. Three of them jumped in front of my car, waving their arms ... umm, they thought I was there to pick them up for some work. Good God! A police officer strolled through the parking lot in his cruiser very slowly and boy was I glad to see him! The look on his face, he was not too pleased and so those guys scattered and I breathed a sigh of relief. I mean, really! They say they come here for a better life. OK, we all want that don't we? Didn't it use to be that if you went to another country, you should learn their language, learn their customs, learn what's respectable and accepted? (Ohh man, I'm not even going to get into the Legal issue, I can spew about that forever).
I have seen them on more than one occasion walking with a baby in a stroller down the yellow lines in the middle of Route 1! Annnd, I have yelled, "are you f**king craaazy!!", and they wonder why they get hit by cars all the time! It all just drives me nuts. Yes, we can move and move and move, BUT why should we?! Damn it!
I work in Fairfax County and I see a lot of the comments that are being posted about FRFX too, but I tell ya, just come to Eastside Woodbridge for awhile, you'll change your mind. When I cross that bridge every day, there's a different look, a different feel in FRFX. When I drive back home, back over that bridge I just get all knotted up inside. And for those who will tell me to get the hell out and move, finally I am and happily! Back to FRFX I come, yippie! :-D

Posted by: Dog gone ()
Date: December 14, 2010 03:33PM

I don't think it is fair to stereotype all Hispanics like this. They are here, we all have to get along. That's part of city life. People are going to be around in your neighborhoods, walking down your street and there are bad people that come in every shape and every race. It is very racist to decide they are social parasites because they come from a different culture. You must understand everyone was not raised with a silver spoon in their mouths or had the opportunity to "buy a big house" some of these people are barely able to stay fed and warm. A little bit of appreciation for the fact that you would not be living in your "big house" if the Hispanics did not build it. Another fact, you will not find Americans to do the work for the price the Hispanics will work. The will probably be glad you go back to FRFX.

Posted by: Moose ()
Date: December 14, 2010 08:48PM

I was not born with a silver spoon in my mouth, far from it.
Hispanics did not build my house, my family did in 1958.
I am all for and root for ANYONE who wants to come to America, as long as it's done legally. Many have and "Welcome". What I am against is those who have no respect or common courtesy toward anyone and yes that can be said for all races, including mine.
And yes, I am very glad to be going back to FRFX.

Posted by: Dog gone ()
Date: December 15, 2010 11:10AM

If you are moving back to FRFX and you think all races have problems, then why are you attacking the Hispanics like this? I bet you would not say that to their faces yet you come here and blow off your mouth like a premature ejaculation. Don't contradict yourself, if you are racist, own it. If you are not, shut up.

Posted by: Spic killer ()
Date: January 06, 2011 08:16PM

fuck off loser!
this is AMERICA!!! We may not want to wash the dishes or cut the grass, but we would rather do it ourselves at this point. Get out of our country you filthy savages!!

Posted by: spic killer ()
Date: January 06, 2011 08:45PM

I smash niggers and spics with my truck.

Have run over several over the years. Surprisingly, most of them jump up and run away. Some of them, well, not so much.

And yes, I am a solid aryan brother from San Qunitan. And yes, I yell nigger and spic loudly whenever and wherever I please.
D.C is really fun because the savages think their hard. Until I back up over them and take their guns and crack. That night I ran down my first white folks.
You see, they were "enlightened, progressive" elitests who ran to the aid of the dead niggers. Not very progressive now, are they?

Posted by: Rudy823 ()
Date: January 09, 2011 12:30PM

I would not be living in my house because the 'beaners' built it? My house is 25 years old...and if it was built by hispanics it would have fallen down 20 years ago! The term: 'you get what you pay for' refers to craftmanship also! As a bricklayer from the 60's and '70's I took alot of pride (we all did) in our work...and...when I retired in 1979, I was making $14.40 per hour....thirty two years ago! Today the wage is $11.00 per hour! Close to 'beanfield wages'! Woodbridge will always be a shithole because of the construction performed over the past 20 years!

Posted by: nicobolas ()
Date: January 22, 2011 08:32PM

i live in wood bridge not around the route 1 area but thirty minutes away when the hispanics (more of them ) moved into my neiberhood my fathers truck got broken into this is after six or seven years of living here i've got highschool girls both white and hispanics doing trick out of thier parents houses and i'm just waiting when they fuck up again i'll be there to kick some ass and take names.
but the route one area has typically been shit as long as i've lived here just as many if not more ignorant as people running around shooting at people and just as many ignorant black people standing on corners women selling thier bodies and nightly raids on houses by cops(not mine of course) hell i saw a hispanic woman well just as bold as she pleased walk into the mens room at the five guys and have sex with a guy in the stall and no one seems to care

Posted by: meat ()
Date: February 07, 2011 04:07PM

i walk around with a green border patrol jacket i got from a friend in cali.
this confusses the hell out of them. they look and then lose eye contact and walk away.......

even did it at the woodbridge dmv , till the cop asked me what i was doing with the jacket. ...NUN YA !!!!

Posted by: Jjj ()
Date: August 23, 2011 08:41PM

Lakeridge... that last good part of the hood

Posted by: movie man ()
Date: August 24, 2011 11:44AM

YOU ARE CORRECT SIR.
By the way the movie that pic came from if f-ing awsome. Treasure of the seirra madre. it's like 5 bucks at wal-mart

Posted by: True ()
Date: September 14, 2011 10:02AM

T2T Wrote:
> I can fully agree with that. I lived in southern
> PW county during the late 80s. While Woodbridge
> wasn't overrun with illegals at the time, it still
> had its share of blight. All I remember is lots
> of rednecks were there at the time. I guess the
> illegals have forced even the rednecks out - who
> have probably moved further to the south.

Yeah, a lot of them did. It's kind of sad I looked at them as part of the culture and atmosphere around here. But, yeah, you're right a lot of them moved further south to places like Orange, Culpepper, etc. Combination of things, increasing rent, they can sell a dump house that sits on 2 acres of land for a shit ton, their friends moved away, and the area just doesn't appeal to them anymore. Look at Manassas Park, it's almost completely overrun by Hispanics! Wow we must suck if rednecks don't even want to live here anymore!

Posted by: Big Duke 6 ()
Date: September 24, 2011 11:18AM

Storybook Land kicked ass

Unfortunately if it was still around today, the Crooked Man's house would have 26 sandinistas living in it and the Three Little Pigs would be run over by a landscaping trailer.

Posted by: ArthurNJR88 ()
Date: November 15, 2011 07:25PM

Wow. Woodbridge isn't hardly dangerous smfh.

Posted by: ROUTE 1 ()
Date: November 16, 2011 11:14AM

Dangerous? Elaberate...

Give us messengers clear cut and specific areas. Then we'll re-think where it is safe to venture out around Woodbridge, VA. Oh and, let's not forget Dale City, neighboring area of Woodbridge. All right?

Posted by: Dave ()
Date: February 19, 2013 11:44AM

I have an idea for you -- Why don't you just invite them to live in YOUR house? We don't all have to just GET ALONG. They just need to go BACK TO MEXICO! Friggin moron...

Posted by: Terry Carmack ()
Date: May 01, 2013 01:07PM

This cracked me up, I grew up in Woodbridge since the 60's and left 14 years ago to live in Fredericksburg and now in Mississippi, but when I saw this I said to my self...This guy nailed it......

Posted by: Doc B ()
Date: May 05, 2013 10:41AM

Said same thing about

Posted by: dvc ()
Date: January 01, 2014 03:54AM

Have no clue abt Woodbridge any more I lived on Frendale Dr. back in the 60's it ended in a circle. I can't even find it now.

Posted by: Who Cares ()
Date: February 18, 2014 12:55AM

People swear Woodbridge is the 'hood'....No....It just has a lot of black and mexican folks and "others".....so people paint it as this hell hole.....not even close....Woodbridge is what it is, the suburbs........

Posted by: Truth hurts ()
Date: February 19, 2014 07:11AM

Worked there in the late eighties, still have friends that live there now. Hate to tell you, its always been a shithole.

Posted by: eesh| ()
Date: February 20, 2014 06:03PM

testing123

Date: February 23, 2014 10:18AM

I have to say that if you guys think any part of Woodbridge is Ghetto then you have never been to a real Ghetto. I don't really see any real bad areas in Northern Virginia. I grew up in Chicago and then I joined the Manrine Corps and was stationed in Southern California where I was able to see some really bad neighborhoods.

http://www.cleosells.com

Posted by: faith ()
Date: March 08, 2014 06:17PM

Woodbridge is certaintly no utopia; however, it far from being an inner city "hood".

Posted by: Beaner ()
Date: May 06, 2014 12:42AM

Woodbridge has never been any kind of thriving metropolis but it has definitely become infinitely shittier than I could have ever imagined. All races have "trash" amongst them and it's true that the trashy Spanish people not fucked up Woodbridge, they also fucked up Herndon and Reston; they made things a lot harder for those us of us Spanish folks who do assimilate into American culture and try to be a part of our communities.

I'm Hispanic and if me or my two siblings spoke Spanish outside the house my dad would smack the shit out of us. Nothing but English outside the house, nothing but Castillian Spanish inside the house. That's how it was and if you didn't like, you got beat. That's about the only good thing my dad taught us; we came here to assimilate. We learned the language and customs and became Americans, Sure, just like my American buddies who are of Scottish, Irish or German descent, I too have pride in my roots. But I don't let that confuse me from the fact that I've made this my home. This country gets my allegiance before any other. That's the oath I took when I became a citizen.

Anyone, Hispanic or not, who moves to another land and perpetuates the same nasty behavior that caused them to leave their birth country in the first place is a waste of space and oxygen. I don't care if you're Arab, Asian, European, Russian, Hispanic, African or some other shit I've forgotten to mention. Learn the language and the customs or get the fuck out.

What happened to Woodbridge sucks. I liked it better when it was mullets and pick up trucks. Sure, it's always been working class but people back then were more trust worthy. And you didn't have to worry about them raping every female you brought around if your back was turned or you had a few too many.

Posted by: Dated Info ()
Date: May 10, 2014 05:44PM

Jjj Wrote:
> Lakeridge... that last good part of the hood

Not so much. Going downhill fast.

Posted by: Mike S. ()
Date: September 08, 2014 04:45PM

I currently live in Woodbridge, VA, right behind the Planet Fitness. I rent a home. I am surrounded by Mexicans. But Woodbridge is honestly no different than any other town. If you don't associate with dangerous people, activities, you won't really be in danger.

Kind of feels like all you old folks equate any feeling of danger with being uncomfortable. Yes, Woodbridge is overrun by illegal immigrants, and has transitioned from a community that was predominantly white, to mostly hispanic and black. That doesn't mean it's necessarily more dangerous. I pass 7/11 everyday. There are 15-30 illegals waiting in the parking lot for work every day. 7 days a week. But they are just trying to support themselves, and their family. Don't like it? There's a 7/11 two miles farther down rt. 1.

Compared to Fairfax and other surrounding counties that are blossoming, yes, it's a shit hole. But it's not danger unless yo're looking to buy drugs or commit crimes. Similar situation to Newark, NJ. It's right outside NY, but is a shit hole. Woodbridge is DC's Newark. That being said, I enjoy living in Woodbridge. I work in Alexandria, and where I'm from in Pennsylvania, there isn't a nice mall, an Ikea, a Wegmans or so many nice restaurants. But there is a lot of crime, unemployment and a drug epidemic, so trust me, Woodbridge, it could be worse.

Posted by: Tyronasorrus ()
Date: September 14, 2014 02:11PM

Yo, I be up n woo town. Dat spot is da shiznit. Cops aint be tryin giv us no hassel like dey pigs up in Manasas an all da storez dey take bonus foodstampz. All my niggas move up in here witz me. We be takin ova dis townhome complmex an we be movin in mo. Soon woo town gonna be all niggaz. You crackas all can go to Farefax.

Posted by: D Ron ()
Date: November 07, 2014 04:23PM

My nigga bees str8 sayin da truth.

Posted by: kLKeM ()
Date: June 30, 2015 11:42PM

I rented an apartment in the Northern section of Woodbridge from September of 2011 to July of 2014. While I agree with other posters that there is no "ghetto" in Northern Virginia, Woodbridge does its level best to compete for this distinction with any municipality in Fairfax, Loudon, or Prince William Counties. The entire area has been run over with South American people who are probably incapable of signing their own names in the Spanish language, let alone write or speak English. They are mostly good people, who work hard and want a better life, but the dredges of their societies attach themselves to them and want a free ride here. I have no problem with Hispanic people living in the apartments next to me, but this shit has to stop.

Posted by: Demographics ()
Date: July 08, 2015 12:46AM

I have a few co-workers that live in/around Woodbridge and they all happen to be black or Hispanic. Just everyday working-class semi-professional folks. Then I got to thinking, do any white people live in Woodbridge?

I'm kinda shocked that it's even over half at 56%. That's certainly not the case while driving down Rt 1.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodbridge,_Virginia

Posted by: Manuel Labour ()
Date: July 25, 2015 04:30AM

Here is part of a documentary explaining the recent history of woodbridge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1SiveWVIIo

Posted by: Jiffy159 ()
Date: July 27, 2015 05:06AM

I live in Woodbridge and have been followed home at 300 am from the Wawa on Rte 1 after I stopped for a drink, by a truckload of Hispanics. They followed to my neighborhood and peeled of when a PWC deputy pulled out of a side street. I heard and saw them discussing following at me at Wawa then loading up. I am a concealed handgun permit holder however, and I had something for them either way.

Posted by: mr q ()
Date: November 17, 2015 10:00PM

I used to buy crack in woodbridge, the dale city bowl hole was a hot spot to score a rock... this was 85 86 87 I moved to L.A....I came back in 93 for a visit and not much had changed PWC nazi police force, Georgetown SOuth a hood with 100's of crack houses. Coverstone a dope street as well.

northen va in a whole sucks the big one, California rules. WHen my dad dies and leaves me his brentsville mansion, I will sell it jsut as fast to avoid ever coming back to that nazi redneck niggerfied backwards ass hillybilly heaven town.

cant say more than that.

mr x.

Posted by: DwXG3 ()
Date: December 30, 2015 05:03PM

I was just in the Route 1 area of northern Hoodbridge a few weeks ago, the first time I was there since the summer of 2014. More closed businesses (Taco Bell, Inns of Virginia), more gangster wannabees with hoodies, more blight in general. I realize it was never a "nice" area, but it's certainly still going down the tubes in a hurry. They should just bulldoze the area and start over again. It already looks like a Balkan city that was shelled in the early nineties.

Posted by: salomon ()
Date: March 25, 2016 06:47PM

My arians if you really want to see getthos you need go to orlando.tampa .chicago.Washington dc.baltimore & tell me later

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.