HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Prince William :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Reckless ticket help?
Posted by: Ryan R ()
Date: March 19, 2018 03:45PM

Hey guys, I got a reckless driving ticket and have court coming up. I was clocked by “s radar”, whatever that means, going 99 in a 65. I fucked up big time and I’ll provably never speed over 5 mph again. What type of penalties do you guys think I’m facing here? My last speeding ticket was 4 years ago. I have a +3 safe driving points. What can I do to help my case and what do you guys think I’ll be facing. Thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reckless ticket help?
Posted by: Johnny Law ()
Date: March 19, 2018 04:06PM

"s radar" on a VA Uniform Summons generally stands for stationary radar...meaning he was in a fixed (stopped) position as you drove by.

A lawyer can typically help get things reduced more than you can yourself, although that can be costly. Depending on your age/driving history, it's likely you will get suspended with a number that high. 99 mph says that you really didn't give a fuck vs. just being in a bit of a hurry.

The lawyer can petition for a restricted permit (to and work only etc...) - you could do it yourself, but it's harder and if the lawyer plays golf with the judge it's often a done deal.

Date: March 19, 2018 04:47PM

I do have a lawyer and he’s already been paid for. He’s in one of the best firms for prince William, not sure if that helps at all. Do you think I’ll get jail time? Like I said, I have no criminal records and I had a few tickets 4 years ago. I was honestly a victim of road rage, trying to get out of the dudes way that was tailgating me but he would still follow me, idk what was wrong with the dude but it was my fault I was speeding so I take responsibility for that. I really am not in a position to have my license taken away but I’ll take a restricted license and not reckless any day.

Posted by: Johnny Law ()
Date: March 19, 2018 05:43PM

Nine outta ten judges in this area are former lawyers in this area. The CA's and lawyers all know each other pretty well. If you have a guy who's in good with both then you'll be fine. You won't get jail time for it and the rest of it is riding on your attorney. It would be tough for you to not get suspended, but a restricted license is fairly common if the lawyer can convince the judge that he won't be seeing you regularly.

It sounds like some speeding from the prior incident started it before. And now you are doing 100 again? That pisses a lot of folks off that aren't cops just because it's so over the top.

You should be reminded that operating a motor vehicle in the state of VA is a privilege, not a right. Driving at that speed tends to send the message that the guy behind the wheel doesn't have that mindset.

Good luck...and slow down.

Date: March 19, 2018 07:31PM

I took a driver improvement class and a aggressive driving class if that helps any. Is there anything else I can do to help my case? Trust me I learned my lesson and I won’t be speeding anymore.

Posted by: Speed Kills ()
Date: March 20, 2018 09:23PM

Go to Fries in Manassas and have your speedometer calibration checked. Cost about $100.00 but if it is off a little it will help a lot. Your attorney should be telling you all of these answers, have you ask him? 99mph, no way you will escape a reckless driving ticket. If somehow you do you better blow your attorney.

Posted by: Speed Kills ()
Date: March 20, 2018 09:26PM

Log some continuity service hours, 100 hours if you can get that many prior to your trial. BTW Don't ever go this fast in Stafford

Posted by: Countryfreak ()
Date: March 22, 2018 06:44AM

Speed Kills Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Go to Fries in Manassas and have your speedometer
> calibration checked. Cost about $100.00 but if it
> is off a little it will help a lot. Your attorney
> should be telling you all of these answers, have
> you ask him? 99mph, no way you will escape a
> reckless driving ticket. If somehow you do you
> better blow your attorney.

A calibration at this speed will be of no help. If off it's usually no more than 1-3 mph. Not that it will hurt anything if he does this but it is not going to be beneficial.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.