HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Prince William :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
What is going in to the "Yorkshire Plaza" off of VA 28 by CVS?
Posted by: Hungry4Pizza ()
Date: September 24, 2014 08:25PM

Going down 28 near Manassas, you may have noticed a sign that says Yorkshire Plaza (supposedly a shopping center) is coming, with a phone number for information. Since this sign is brand new (only put up in the past week or so), it is Google-proof.

I have to ponder, though, but if it is a shopping center, then what stores are going into the space? Any answers would be great, as long as they're not obviously fake (this is guessing, though, so fakes are truly accepted), or too big.

Other than that, here's my wishlist of stores:
: Grocery store - The Yorkshire area seems to lack on any sort of place to shop for food other than Megamart or convenience stores (nothing but snacks/drinks). I would be OK with upscale grocers like Wegmans (it DOES fit), Teeter, or even Giant (not upscale, but just saying).

:Coffee shop - If you commute, who wants to backtrack to get coffee from the Manassas Junction shopping center (former Giant place)? I don't care here, but any would work.

I only had 2, but I was lazy. Anyways... think of what this is.

-------------------

Mmm... EVERYTHING!
K, thanks for
reading my post.
Stick around!

-------------------

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is going in to the "Yorkshire Plaza" off of VA 28 by CVS?
Posted by: HistoricalUpscaleShopper ()
Date: September 25, 2014 06:50PM

It would be highly unlikely but, given the peaceful tranquility that kind of exists in Yorkshire, something like Peddler's Village in New Hope, PA would be a really nice change from the uber-soulless city centers that keep popping up all over NoVA lately.

http://www.peddlersvillage.com/

Posted by: If I Could Decide ()
Date: September 26, 2014 08:03PM

I'd prefer a mattress store (or two), a nail salon, a pawn shop, a dollar store, and a Korean massage parlor. And a Mexican carry-out with really cheap tacos. Who could want anything more?

Posted by: Give the people what they want ()
Date: September 29, 2014 12:28PM

Yorkshire residents could use another place to get their necessities: scratch off lottery tickets, cigarettes, and Forties.

Date: October 04, 2014 09:30PM

Uhh, guys...
I hope you aren't trolling, but most of these... either are already everywhere or don't work. More in replies...

@HistoricalUpscaleShopper - I'm sorry to say this, but this is nothing but fake 1700s buildings and farmers' markets. Yorkshire needs more modern shopping since this is just a big hole in such.

@If I Could decide - These shops are flat out EVERYWHERE around here. Are you trolling me, or what? (sorry for this, just had to point out this, and plus Centreville has 100+ Korean massage parlors, so maybe Yorkshire could use one)

@Give the people what they want - I know this area has a lack of 7-11s without having to be walking in a danger zone, but... CVS has it all. (except tobacco)

So, as I said, can you give me more real suggestions, not "never gonna happen" or already everywhere stuff? Oh, and I would also like if someone could find a real website, or just any actual information about this. Okay?

-------------------

Mmm... EVERYTHING!
K, thanks for
reading my post.
Stick around!

-------------------

Date: December 08, 2014 10:00PM

Bumped. Sorry if this is spam, just wanted to make this more prominent in the board. By the way, anyone got any ideas on any retail in Yorkshire/gentrification plans (knock down all the used car lots/"llantas usadas" out down the 28 corridor)?

Posted by: MariaJoses ()
Date: December 11, 2014 06:37PM

I want shop with sexi clothing for Latina women. nice eating place weeth otside bachata music es good to.

Date: December 26, 2014 01:45PM

MariaJoses Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I want shop with sexi clothing for Latina women.
> nice eating place weeth otside bachata music es
> good to.

Uhh... really? The point of this development should be to accelerate revitalization in Yorkshire (put it back on the map) and surrounding areas of Manassas with many popular chains and local shops, in my opinion, not to bring in more no-name Latino businesses. Guess I'll move this topic to Topix if I keep having to battle unreasonable suggestions {then again, maybe I'll have to avoid people who say this causes TONS of traffic (really, the point of this is to get traffic away from the streets to all the other stores several miles away), and spammers}.

-------------------

Mmm... EVERYTHING!
K, thanks for
reading my post.
Stick around!

-------------------

Posted by: Car with no tires ()
Date: February 08, 2015 12:10PM

My car needs some used tired too bad Yorkshire doesn't have these.

Date: May 08, 2015 06:41PM

Car with no tires Wrote:
> My car needs some used tired too bad Yorkshire
> doesn't have these.

There are tire places basically everywhere in Yorkshire.

Maybe we need a more "chain" one, right?

Posted by: Yorkshire Resident ()
Date: May 14, 2015 08:46AM

I have been more than 20 years in Yorkshire. Why we need 12 used tire shops!! shame on Prince William county to allow this. I want a Wegmans or a Grocery store where I can find my kind of foods. Zoning control needs to be addressed. My property values have been affected due to what is going on in my community. Golds Gym moved due to the decline of the community. Residentual zoning codes are not enforced. English on store fronts!!! How many more stores or eateries will open only displaying spanish on their signs. Love my country and the fact that it's a melting pot of Gold and I know I wouldn't be here if my ancestors hadn't made the leap. Lets demand more respect for what is here. Prince William County stop ignoring Yorkshire....

Date: May 15, 2015 10:05PM

Yorkshire Resident Wrote:
> I have been more than 20 years in Yorkshire. Why
> we need 12 used tire shops!! shame on Prince
> William county to allow this. I want a Wegmans or
> a Grocery store where I can find my kind of foods.
> Zoning control needs to be addressed. My
> property values have been affected due to what is
> going on in my community. Golds Gym moved due to
> the decline of the community. Residentual zoning
> codes are not enforced. English on store
> fronts!!! How many more stores or eateries will
> open only displaying spanish on their signs. Love
> my country and the fact that it's a melting pot of
> Gold and I know I wouldn't be here if my ancestors
> hadn't made the leap. Lets demand more respect for
> what is here. Prince William County stop ignoring
> Yorkshire....

This is all true. 28 needs to be widened as well and they're ignoring it.

While Wegmans sounds too ritzy, maybe a smaller gourmet grocer and a Giant would do well. We seriously need a new town center/place for the community to be. The goal is to rival communities like Brambleton, maybe even Reston. More community facilities, please?

The new communities (Falls Grove and Orchard Bridge) are doing well. I hope they bring some affluency into Yorkshire, and lead to the redevelopment for the corridor. Next, they can tear down the trailer park/Old Centreville Gardens/Stone Ridge, and add sidewalks to the neighborhood.

Great, right?

Posted by: S a r a h ()
Date: February 21, 2016 09:27PM

Any updates on what the plan is with the land? I am looking at purchasing a new town home in Falls Grove and the surrounding area is the only thing holding me back.

Posted by: SuperFuture ()
Date: May 11, 2016 02:45PM

We need a sonic

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.