HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Prince William :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Will my family be safe?
Posted by: Considering moving to Manassas ()
Date: March 03, 2014 02:16PM

I have been considering relocating my family to Manassas. The job market has been bad in my state and I have gotten temporary job in the area, it might become permanent and I am considering moving my family down from CT. I am nervous about this from some of stuff I've heard.

I have two pre-teen daughters and am worry them may be harassed if they got into town.

Also, we looked at some homes in the Lake Jackson area, It looked very nice and clean there. We assumed that is a safe neighborhood. Any opinions on that?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Will my family be safe?
Posted by: NoVa ()
Date: March 07, 2014 10:06PM

Manassas doesn't really get ghetto..It's ok but avoid Sudley Area...And check the schools..If there's a large amount of people with free or reduced lunches,Then it's ghetto but if it's the opposite,Its ok..If I were u,I'd come down to Manassas and check the areas..Avoid Living in Woodbridge/Dale City Area...

Posted by: ThinkMcFly ()
Date: March 11, 2014 05:45PM

Central PWC, NW of Hoadly Rd and south of the PW Parkway/Dumfries Road connector is the best bang for your buck. These areas are carved up to serve some decent schools too. All this area comes with a Manassas address. West of 234 (Aden, Nokesville, Bristow, Catlett) and NW of I-66 (Gainesville, Haymarket) is nice too, but pricey. Strictly avoid the independent cities of Manassas and Manassas Park, County areas: Sudley, Westgate, Loch Lomond, Yorkshire and Bull Run, and ANY areas of Dale City/Lake Ridge/Woodbridge. A good rule of thumb is to gauge your proximity to I-95. The closer you get, the rougher it is. This is the case down I-95 from SE DC to Richmond.

You can also review the daily PWC police bulletins. You'll notice a pattern emerging with about three zips: 22193/1 (Hoodbridge) and 20109 (North Mannas-exico). Above all else, avoid Woodbridge/Dale City.

Posted by: Richey McRich ()
Date: March 23, 2014 06:28PM

LOL at "Hoodbridge." I got news for you, since PWC kicked all the Messicans out a few years ago, and they all moved to Fairfax and turned it into a colossal shithole, Woodbridge is now the new home for whitey. Check out the $800k homes in the Port Potomac area--fuckkin' McMansions, unlike what $800k gets you in Fairfax (a 1,000 sqft home built 60 years ago on the edge of a busy street). You'll be fine.

Posted by: White trash from Woodbridge ()
Date: March 30, 2014 06:06PM

Richey McRich Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> LOL at "Hoodbridge." I got news for you, since PWC
> kicked all the Messicans out a few years ago, and
> they all moved to Fairfax and turned it into a
> colossal shithole, Woodbridge is now the new home
> for whitey. Check out the $800k homes in the Port
> Potomac area--fuckkin' McMansions, unlike what
> $800k gets you in Fairfax (a 1,000 sqft home built
> 60 years ago on the edge of a busy street). You'll
> be fine.

A lot of varying opinions on Woodbridge, but no rational person would call it the "new home for whitey", lol. And I've got news for you back - one drive down Dale Blvd, or PWC Parkway east of I-95, or a Sunday stroll thru Potomac Mills would lead you to believe PWC's efforts were anything more than window dressing for the problem with illegal Hispanics. The 17 used tire/carniceria places down route 1 are a clue. Also, people tend to overlook that Woodbridge has the highest black population of any area in NOVA. A few token neighborhoods amongst the rubble can't undo the faces and places of the daily police blotter...read them daily for a month. Check the greatschools ratings for Woodbridge too, they're terrible. I guess with all those Hispanics gone, they won't need that consulate next to the Outback on Smoketown anymore...or the multiple trailer parks off PWParkway. Wait, they're gone right?

Posted by: Gainesville Son ()
Date: April 01, 2014 07:39AM

You couldn't give me a free house and a free weekly salary to live in the City of Manassas, Manassas Park, Dale City or Woodbridge. The schools aren't good, many "diverse" areas (i.e. ghetto/white trash), and too much traffic.

Posted by: Tzaddik ()
Date: April 03, 2014 01:58PM

So far the worst thing I've experienced about living in the northern part of Dale City since 2009 has been the asshole who lives down the street. He has a sport bike and wants everyone to know it. Once it gets warm he feels the need to blast that thing up and down our road every damn day every 20 minutes or so. Talking to him, yelling at him, video taping him, calling police, none of it have helped. Why? Cause he's "a grown ass man" and nobody's gonna tell him what to do. MFer is in his 40's and acts like a teen. Can't wait to get out of Dale City.

The southern part of Dale City looks nice, homes in the 400k to 800k range look decent. Don't know anything about those neighborhoods though.

Posted by: Dale city...nooooo! ()
Date: April 03, 2014 06:46PM

Tzaddik Wrote:
> So far the worst thing I've experienced about
> living in the northern part of Dale City since
> 2009 has been the asshole who lives down the
> street. He has a sport bike and wants everyone to
> know it. Once it gets warm he feels the need to
> blast that thing up and down our road every damn
> day every 20 minutes or so. Talking to him,
> yelling at him, video taping him, calling police,
> none of it have helped. Why? Cause he's "a grown
> ass man" and nobody's gonna tell him what to do.
> MFer is in his 40's and acts like a teen. Can't
> wait to get out of Dale City.
>
> The southern part of Dale City looks nice, homes
> in the 400k to 800k range look decent. Don't know
> anything about those neighborhoods though.

The "southern part of Dale City" you refer to probably isn't Dale City at all. Dale City is bound on the southernmost end by Spriggs Road. Most likely, those new homes (Hope Hill, etc) are attached to a Manassas address (zip 20112). If they're older, perhaps Montclair.

Dale City is a steaming pile of white trash, Sandinistas and Pakistanis living 30 to a house, and Nigerians running cigarette trafficking schemes up the coast. It's quite literally the strangest place I've ever had the pleasure to live. I rented in the P-block in a house I later learned had been nearly burned down by anarchists. Pakis next door with at least 7 adults living in a 3 br house where the women only entered/exited thru the basement...a redneck with 6 POS cars and 2 motorcycles on the other side, cutting his grass at 10pm or fighting with a woman throwing beer bottles...and at least 15 Liberian thugs parking box trucks up and down the street near the property they shared with some Nicaraguans... Constant police chases, or raids in the neighborhood. Taxis and lawn trucks parked everywhere, cars on blocks, grass waist high, houses in deplorable condition, droves of unsupervised Hispanic children running amuck, the damn near constant sound of rednecks (motorcycles + hot rod/ricer), neglected dogs barking, lazy gangstas wit dey Cutlasses backed in... Fresh spring mulch is basically a giant welcome mat for a home invasion. It was fucking awful.

Posted by: considering moving to manassas ()
Date: May 12, 2014 07:03PM

I can't move to woodbridge or other places, I don't have a car. It would have to be Manassas. I looked at some Apts off Wellington and that area didn't look bad.

Posted by: AJB ()
Date: May 19, 2015 09:48AM

Dale city...nooooo! Wrote:
> Tzaddik Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > So far the worst thing I've experienced about
> > living in the northern part of Dale City since
> > 2009 has been the asshole who lives down the
> > street. He has a sport bike and wants everyone
> to
> > know it. Once it gets warm he feels the need to
> > blast that thing up and down our road every
> damn
> > day every 20 minutes or so. Talking to him,
> > yelling at him, video taping him, calling
> police,
> > none of it have helped. Why? Cause he's "a
> grown
> > ass man" and nobody's gonna tell him what to
> do.
> > MFer is in his 40's and acts like a teen. Can't
> > wait to get out of Dale City.
> >
> > The southern part of Dale City looks nice,
> homes
> > in the 400k to 800k range look decent. Don't
> know
> > anything about those neighborhoods though.
>
> The "southern part of Dale City" you refer to
> probably isn't Dale City at all. Dale City is
> bound on the southernmost end by Spriggs Road.
> Most likely, those new homes (Hope Hill, etc) are
> attached to a Manassas address (zip 20112). If
> they're older, perhaps Montclair.
>
> Dale City is a steaming pile of white trash,
> Sandinistas and Pakistanis living 30 to a house,
> and Nigerians running cigarette trafficking
> schemes up the coast. It's quite literally the
> strangest place I've ever had the pleasure to
> live. I rented in the P-block in a house I later
> learned had been nearly burned down by anarchists.
> Pakis next door with at least 7 adults living in a
> 3 br house where the women only entered/exited
> thru the basement...a redneck with 6 POS cars and
> 2 motorcycles on the other side, cutting his grass
> at 10pm or fighting with a woman throwing beer
> bottles...and at least 15 Liberian thugs parking
> box trucks up and down the street near the
> property they shared with some Nicaraguans...
> Constant police chases, or raids in the
> neighborhood. Taxis and lawn trucks parked
> everywhere, cars on blocks, grass waist high,
> houses in deplorable condition, droves of
> unsupervised Hispanic children running amuck, the
> damn near constant sound of rednecks (motorcycles
> + hot rod/ricer), neglected dogs barking, lazy
> gangstas wit dey Cutlasses backed in... Fresh
> spring mulch is basically a giant welcome mat for
> a home invasion. It was fucking awful.

So, where do I sign the lease? LOL. Wow, knew it wasn't like Gainesville but had no idea. I think the white trash has the biggest impact. I am so sick of seeing hillbillies. Apparently, guys think the only way to eb masculine is to wear camo, grows a go-tee, and drive a 10 year old Chevy truck covered in mud. Ahhhh, the stereotypes exist for a reason. Just sold a car to a Vietnamese guy who said he would not go into a black neighborhood to buy a car he really wanted. However, I think that's a little extreme.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.