HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Prince William :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Ben's
Posted by: BBQ ()
Date: June 02, 2011 01:41PM

Dammit, I miss Ben's Whole Hog BBQ.

Dixie Bones is good, but in a different way.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ben's
Posted by: Ben's Rules ()
Date: August 01, 2011 08:12PM

Drove by there the other day and there is a sign "Ben's is coming back." Don't know if it will be the original owner but I hope so! Nice guy he used to live by me. Made excellent food. Sold the restaurant to some Koreans, could tell immediately that he sold it the chicken tasted like crap and the collards were from the can clumpy garbage. Never went back after that. Then it became some Mexican joint and was vacant for awhile but I guess Ben's will be reopening! Hope it's as good as the original!

Posted by: Susan ()
Date: August 12, 2011 01:26PM

My son drove by Ben's barbeque today and called me and said there is a sign, "Ben's Whole Hog BBQ is coming back!"

Posted by: Maybe ()
Date: August 12, 2011 01:54PM

Ben's MIGHT be coming back. I know him personally and he's having some funding issues right now. You guys should thank those 'Koreans' for getting Ben out of a really bad situation a few years ago...if they didn't buy the place, he would've declared bankruptcy and lost everything. I know Ben is grateful for what they did.

Anyway, I heard the new owners fell on some hard times a couple years back and after many unsuccessful attempts to sell that piece of crap property, they just gave it back to Ben. Ben tried to auction it off with no success, and honestly...who would buy that piece of poop property?!?!

I ate there a few times when the new owners took over, and it was pretty good...their collard greens did not come from a can...I just don't think they understood American BBQ.

I'll keep you guys posted!

Posted by: Guest ()
Date: September 17, 2011 01:08PM

Ben's is coming back. Opening later this month to the public. The new name will be Absolute BBQ (eatabsolutebbq.com). Same location as before. Same Ben Morris.

Posted by: idiots ()
Date: September 23, 2011 09:07AM

Idiots. His whore of an ex-wife, Martha is running this place now. Ben lives in North Carolina, so he won't be too involved with this place...just fronting the money basically. Like I said in my other post...I don't know how this place was with the new owners but when Ben was running the show...there were rat droppings under the buffet table. Blah...couldn't eat there ever again after seeing that. Hail to BBQ rat!

Posted by: chris ()
Date: December 16, 2011 10:55AM

I ate there and it was terrible. The pork was watery!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.