HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Prince William :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
VEHICLE CHECKPOINT OLD BRIDGE ROAD
Posted by: Minuteman ()
Date: May 15, 2013 11:06PM

Theres yet another unconstitutional vehicle checkpoint active on old bridge rd. ( Just north of county offices). Active since 10 pm.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: VEHICLE CHECKPOINT OLD BRIDGE ROAD
Posted by: localboob ()
Date: May 16, 2013 02:23AM

i'd go drive through it if i wasn't drunk right now.

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: May 16, 2013 07:49AM

The first thought I get when approaching a vehicle checkpoint is "good thing I'm not drunk".

Maybe they're "unconstitutional" only to the inebriated douche bag that may kill someone otherwise.

Posted by: svennestle ()
Date: August 17, 2013 06:53PM

no they can do checkpoint if the purpose is specified on a warrant (ie, alcohol check in high accident area, looking for missing child in car, something that's actually allowable under law)

they likely do abuse the privelage - ie - give tickets for various junk having nothign to do with the warrant. however it's the prosecutor and judge that makes such a thing final, not the officer reporting or bringing it forward

your thinking "bill of attainder". even congress cannot point to a group of people, detain them, and start writing tickets (find the man i'll find the law). you can say "quo warranto" but i doubt anyone hears you.

"Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed" (this assumes an imprisonable offense occured). these courts are setting bond on offenses that are normally not imprisonable - to help bond loan companies.

how about that? they're hacks. meter maids !! you don't know law !! wa ha ha !!

Date: August 17, 2013 07:02PM

just to be complaint: how has this effected you personally ? did you get charged with something that was not on the warrant and are now in bad position with no defense ? like are they threatening you with large fines and long imprisonment for mere possession or something ?

Date: August 17, 2013 07:04PM

just to be complete. sorry.

you have a legal obligation to participate in court even if they are "wrong" at times. however if they continually do it to the same person and cannot show why: it's legal harassment

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.