HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Prince William :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
pwc schools, specificaly Marsteller Middle
Posted by: momma bear ()
Date: January 08, 2013 09:05PM

I would love to hear if there are other parents struggling with the administrators and teachers in this school. I realize the school has reached a way overfull status but our children should not suffer from poor planning.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: pwc schools, specificaly Marsteller Middle
Posted by: Pwc Dad ()
Date: January 09, 2013 04:22PM

momma bear Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would love to hear if there are other parents
> struggling with the administrators and teachers in
> this school. I realize the school has reached a
> way overfull status but our children should not
> suffer from poor planning.

My kid doesn't go to Marstellar, but the admin has nothing to do with the enrollment planning for a school. Their hands are tied and quite frankly so is the school board's. PWC loves residential development, but not the infrastructure needed to support said development.

Posted by: Better Idea ()
Date: January 09, 2013 08:07PM

Consider private school.

Date: January 09, 2013 11:05PM

My tax money pays for my child to receive an education in pwc schools. The problem is the teachers have no accountability for their and they set such poor examples for the children but want to hold the children to adult behavior standards they themselves do not set forth. For example, my student and other kids made reports about how the teachers were aggravating the children about the presidential election. One teacher came into the classroom and danced around the classroom singing how Obama won the presidency. Of course this was denied but I heard the same story from more than one other child. This same type of behavior is ongoing. Teachers cussing at children, it is a long list.

Posted by: FUCK MARSTELLER ()
Date: January 10, 2013 07:56AM

Marsteller sucks ass, but it's necessary. Where else would all the losers that live in Braemar go to school if it wasn't there? Keep those dumbasses over there where they belong.

Posted by: Maine ()
Date: January 10, 2013 12:35PM

momma bear Wrote:
> My tax money pays for my child to receive an
> education in pwc schools. The problem is the
> teachers have no accountability for their and they
> set such poor examples for the children but want
> to hold the children to adult behavior standards
> they themselves do not set forth. For example, my
> student and other kids made reports about how the
> teachers were aggravating the children about the
> presidential election. One teacher came into the
> classroom and danced around the classroom singing
> how Obama won the presidency. Of course this was
> denied but I heard the same story from more than
> one other child. This same type of behavior is
> ongoing. Teachers cussing at children, it is a
> long list.

You dont pay enough taxes to cover the yearly cost of educating your kid. If you dont like what is allegedly going on at Marsteller, get on the PTA and be proactive instead of complaining. By the way, did not witness first-hand any of the allegations set forth in your rant? Nope. You rely on hearsay from kids.

Posted by: Another PWC Dad ()
Date: January 10, 2013 06:28PM

momma bear Wrote:
> My tax money pays for my child to receive an
> education in pwc schools.

But PWC doesn't see it that way and provides a
circus environment rather than one conducive to
a proper education. Liberal activist teachers
dancing about their Lord Obama have no place in
a classroom.

My tax money is paying for your kid to be abused
while I drop $23K a year for my 1st grader in a
private school.

If you're committed to your child doing well in
life, you have to find another place for him/her
to learn. A room packed with underachievers
isn't going to cut it.

Date: January 10, 2013 07:41PM

Dear dad, I'm completely sympathetic for your private school contribution. I forsee this on my very close horizon. I would like to publicly thank a few of these individuals personally for making my childs education process unbearable. Thanks you Mrs. Blackford for worshiping lord Obama. Thank you Mr. Powe for humiliating my child in front of classmates. Thank you again Mr. Powe for being a liar, you know I have the recording of you...and then thank you for threatening my child to have my child suspended from school if he did not destroy the evidence against you. Thank you Mrs. Ainsworth for supporting your derelict teachers in their bullying tactics and making it possible for Mr.Powe to follow through with his threats against my son and thank you Mrs. Knetter for going down with the ship as any good captain should. Thank you Mrs. Paik for following my son around minute by minute throughout the school day because I know you do this for all almost 700 students in this grade. I hope the school board feels like your behaviors have been appropriate. I suppose we shall all soon know the answer to this question as well.

Posted by: School Board ()
Date: January 11, 2013 09:13AM

Hi Momma Bear,

We don't fucking care.

Have a good one!

-The School Board

Date: January 11, 2013 10:01AM

Thanks school board, I will be seeing you wednesday at the citizens meeting.

Posted by: localboob ()
Date: January 11, 2013 01:28PM

a teacher danced around because of an election?

they might have cussed?

you need to sue everybody and anybody, then you can afford the private schools your kids need.

get them into a boarding school, far away as possible.

Date: January 11, 2013 02:25PM

Dear Local, not might have cussed, sent me an email apologizing for cussing at my kid. I'm having trouble finding legal representation, apparently it is generally frowned upon to sue your local government, I need suggestions and other parents who also are having trouble to come forward. I'm certain my kid is not the only one in this situation.

Date: January 11, 2013 04:48PM

yes, most kids in the past 20 years have probably had a teacher say a bad word.

what was it?

Date: January 11, 2013 04:51PM

"God damnit (my sons name)"

Date: January 11, 2013 05:20PM

I attended mostly private schools except my last 3 years of hs and I had great teachers. None of this craziness and they were still spanking children at that time.

Date: January 11, 2013 06:28PM

Posted by: PWC Parent ()
Date: January 11, 2013 06:49PM

momma bear Wrote:
> "God damnit (my sons name)"

Something tells me that your kid deserved it.

Date: January 11, 2013 06:57PM

Sure he does, that's brilliant and talented of you. I guarantee you wouldn't be so inclined to feel that way if it were you or your child.

Date: January 11, 2013 07:00PM

I suppose if you feel as though there are no professional standards for behavior, nothing really matters. Last I heard we were civilized and no one should be antagonized, especially our children.

Posted by: Dept. Of Education ()
Date: January 12, 2013 10:35AM

Marsteller Middle is a wonderful place to learn. If, of course, that is your intention. Is your problem with the school or is it with President Obama? Something about him seems to bring out the worst in some people. I wonder why?

Date: January 12, 2013 01:01PM

I do not care for Mr. Obama, that is not the issue. The schools are required to remain neutral. They also are held to be accountable to not discuss their religious beliefs with my students either. The reason these rules are in place is to protect children from government funded brain washing. I don't need help guiding my child's belief system. Its a form of invading my privacy and is filtering into my home.

Posted by: former pwc student ()
Date: January 14, 2013 10:06PM

I haven't posted here before, but I feel the need to put my two cents in. I come from a long line of PWC public school teachers. While I agree that public education and then standards set by those who are running the system are flawed, I believe I have to stand up for good ol' PWCPS and the teachers who are employed by them. The school system usually ranks among the top 5 in the state, the teachers MUST have up-to-date licenses, and the schools offer a plethora of sports programs, music programs, art programs, and Advanced Placement programs to try to cater to the different needs of individual children. Overall, Prince William County offers the best public education that tax dollars can pay for. If you want to see tax money going to waste, send your child to NYC or DC public schools. We could have it a lot worse, I guarantee that. The teachers themselves? They work incredibly hard and get next to nothing for their effort. Teaching is by far the most unrewarding job on the market, that is, if we are talking about peace of mind and financial security. It is rewarding, however, for those who genuinely care about their students and will take the stress, the flack they get from parents, unjust treatment, and paltry paychecks in exchange for making a difference in a child's life. I was dissuaded from following the teaching path that many of my relatives have chosen. I don't have the fortitude, nor do I have the patience or selflessness to be a teacher. What I do have, though, is a K-12 Prince William County Public School education. I also have a B.S. in Biological Sciences from Virginia Tech. I am also a Biological Sciences M.S. graduate student at Virginia Tech. We all have teachers we do not like. We all have teachers that make mistakes. We all think that public school can be improved. However, before one beings to slander PWC public schools, as well as their teachers, please step back and try to see how great your child has it. There are so many kids here at Tech that came from PWC schools. They are all doing just fine. I did just fine. Your child, while they may have to overcome some obstacles, will be just fine, and a better, well-rounded person for it.

Posted by: baby cub ()
Date: January 15, 2013 02:29PM

goddamn your little negrohating babycub

Date: January 21, 2013 06:45AM

Thank you for your input, if you saw my previous post, I also graduated from pwcs. I also have a Bs and ms degree. Its not my concern for what my child is capable, it is the relentless stress this has caused our family unnecessarily. I had my fair share of teachers I did not care for or even found our relationship impossible and I either transferred or dropped the class, this occurred twice in 20 years of education. My child does not have the ability to dodge the bullet. There is no responsibility or accountability for the adults behavior and please don't think I had one bad experience and decided to pick on the hard working public servants. This has been a huge problem with the behaviors consistently worsening despite intervention. I have very close friends who are school teachers and they feel like the teachers and admin have gone beyond their call of duty or professional responsibility to engage in a fight. I did not ask for this fight but I am certainly not going to keep taking it on the chin either. My hope is if there are other children, parents or families are having similar problems I can help put an end to this bullying. If they are foolish enough to do this to us how about other people who are not so well versed in what they should do to protect their children, they would be bullied with no recourse. I agree that pwc offers a great wealth of resources if the professionals implementing those resources are not well prepared for their role, all the resources in the world will not compensate for the lack of guidance. There must be a middle ground for the well being of the children bc seriously if the children were not there, these folks would be out of a job. It works out well for them to be motivated to protect their own jobs and interests. I would if it were my profession being run down.

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: January 21, 2013 04:27PM

Pics or it didn't happen.

Posted by: person of interest ()
Date: October 29, 2013 03:45PM

Momma Bear - old thread but I am wondering the outcome at Marsteller for your son. I have two kids at the school and can believe what you've described happened. Administration there is for the birds.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.