HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Arlington :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Ronnie Smith Tree service
Posted by: Buyer beware ()
Date: June 02, 2012 12:32AM

Buyer Beware:

Ronnie and Lisa Smith owners of Ronnie Smith Tree and Firewood, located in Bealton Virgina, are advertising as a licensed tree business. Ronnie has been arrested many times for his not telling the truth of being licensed. Thief has arrived in local counties ripping off people, takes your money and does not show, when he does, makes a mess. He is one of those drive by your house, leaves you a card...BEWARE!!!!!! Google his name...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ronnie Smith Tree service
Posted by: Jennifer J. ()
Date: August 22, 2012 06:17PM

Hello, I am trying to help an elderly neighbor who was taken in by the scam artist to the tune of $3,000. Was a report filed with authorities? I am trying to get him to file with police here in Richmond, VA, and would like to know if they can link up with any reports in Fairfax. I'll monitor this site for a reply. thanks, hopefully we can shut him down!

Posted by: ROCKO MEATS ()
Date: August 28, 2012 10:16PM

Tree BUTCHERS the scourge of Northern Va, call the cops as soon as they knock on your door or step foot on your property, thats how you deal with the toothless beggers.

Posted by: Buyer Beware ()
Date: September 14, 2012 12:26AM

Hi Jennifer,

Sorry for the delay in sending this message. I am not sure if there are any complaints, I just know an elderly couple in Manassas who got taken and I put the info out so other people will not fall for the tricks.

I was scammed by Richard Sean Ryals who claimed to be the master of all trades. Mainly a psycho path. It was almost 2 years ago and he was finally sentenced to jail today . As people put out their info, I stayed in contact with them, we all banned together and we have finally seen justice served.

They may have a business license, they also have to have a contractor's license under the type of business they are advertising. DPOR regulates these issues.I would call your county business license dept. and tell them about him. If he livesin Bealton, you could check in Fauquier and Pr. William.

You have to file a complaint with the Department of Regulations in Richmond. They will tell you if there are other complaints or give you a website to check the status. They are over the license board of all professions. The website is below and the process is simple. Once you file you have to be proactive, the case will be assigned a detective, they tend to sleep in this dept. The squeeky wheel gets the oil. Call your local supervisor, County Attorney, anyone who may get the ball rolling for your friends. When I did not recieve a timely response, and when I did, I heard excuse after excuse, I called my local Delegate and he contacted the head of DPOR and the ball started rolling.

I wish you all the best!!!

www.dpor.virginia.gov and click on the consumer link and scroll down to "file a complaint". All the instructions will be on the website.

Posted by: Jennifer J ()
Date: October 03, 2012 05:33PM

Thanks Buyer, We're having a meeting this month of our civic association. I've already passed on the warning in the newsletter. I will follow your suggestions and will also pass this on to our community liaison officer. He patrols the neighborhood and may see them trolling. These jerks really appear to be preying on the elderly.

thanks again for everyone's input.

Jennifer

Re: Tree works unlimited
Posted by: Another sccam artists ()
Date: October 19, 2012 08:49AM

Sorry to report that there is another low life taking advantage of people. Richard Sean Ryals has owned many businesses and has ripped off people for tons of money. He now has opened another business by the name of Tree Works Unlimited. He puts flyers in neighborhoods. The kicker is he just got out of jail for 30 days and put on two years probabtion and is out doing the same thing. Google his name and call the police if you see his flyers in your area.

Posted by: Trusting Customer-LOOK OUT!!! ()
Date: July 31, 2016 11:55AM

NO MATTER WHAT THIS PERSON TELLS YOU - DO NOT PAY HIM UNTIL EVERY SINGLE LITTLE THING YOU WANT DONE (INCLUDING CLEAN UP) IS DONE! YOU WILL NEVER REACH HIM AGAIN AFTER YOU PAY. FROM WHAT WE HAVE READ HE IS NOT REALLY LICENSED AS HE SAID.

HE LEFT A HUGE MESS BEHIND AND A "LITTLE" AREA THAT NEEDED TO STILL BE DONE. ONCE HE LEFT WITH OUR CHECK AND IMMEDIATELY CASHED THE CHECK (WITHIN THE HOUR), WE COULD NEVER REACH HIM AGAIN. HE NEVER CAME BACK TO CLEAN UP OR FINISH.

I THINK WE WERE MORE FORTUNATE THAN MOST TO NOT BE IN WORSE SHAPE AFTER HIM!

WATCH OUT FOR THIS PERSON. HE COMES ACROSS AS HONEST & REALLY NEEDING WORK!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.