HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Arlington :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Arlington Police Towing Scam
Posted by: CitizenKane ()
Date: February 06, 2008 06:36PM

I was towed by ACPD and was charged $400 by the towing company even though the car was picked up within 4 hours after being towed. ACPD says the towing company is supposed to charge no more than $75. Has anyone else ever been towed by ACPD and charged more than $75? If their are more than a few people could a class action suit could be filed?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Arlington Police Towing Scam
Posted by: ripped off ()
Date: March 04, 2008 09:43AM

yes I was charged 115.00 to be towed just a few miles. was I overcharged??

Posted by: julian972 ()
Date: March 07, 2008 10:19AM

I broke down on Columbia Pike and a meter maid called a tow truck for me. she said the county had a contract with the towing company and I should get a special price. I was charged $105 to be towed about 6 miles. I found out the towing company called by the meter maid (that was supposed to give me a special price) overcharged me by $100.01. The towing company has an agreement with the county to tow you if you break down anywhere in the county for $4.99. The problem is the goddamn county doesn't tell anybody.

Posted by: Pissed ()
Date: March 09, 2008 11:45PM

My car was towed cause I had an accident. Arlington police called a tow truck. The tow bill was like 500 bucks. I don't get it, the mechanic shop was in Arlington. How could the bill be so much. I bet I got ripped off too.

Posted by: ripped off ()
Date: March 13, 2008 03:40PM

who should we call? the towing company or the police? I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!!

Posted by: walkman ()
Date: March 13, 2008 11:32PM

Heres a link to Arlington county towing fees
http://www.arlingtonva.us/Departments/Police/pro/PoliceProTowed.aspx

Posted by: walkman ()
Date: March 13, 2008 11:34PM

Posted by: pissed off ()
Date: March 16, 2008 03:35PM

oh man i was only supposed to charged 4.99? that dont seem right. nobody can work for that rate. acpd must be supplimenting their income somehow. also why is north side so much more??

Posted by: mudshark 1 ()
Date: March 24, 2008 04:33PM

GOOD LUCK GETTING ANY $ BACK. IT IS CALLED A LOW BID. ARLINGTON AWARDS A CONTRACT TO THE COMPANY WITH THE LOWEST BID AND THEN THE CONTRACTOR OVERCHARGES TO STAY IN BIDNESS. NO ONE CAN TOW FOR THE RATES OF THE AWARD!

Posted by: TowMan ()
Date: April 29, 2008 08:38AM

I hatw towing companies, if they were a little more honest i would give them some credit, but every single one is in it to rip you off. I've been towed 2 blocks before to the impound lot, for a total of 15mins. I got 150.00 bill.. It's all bullshit.

Adam

Posted by: doug ()
Date: August 20, 2008 08:32PM

time to start doing more preventive maintenance it seems.

Posted by: dave ()
Date: January 20, 2009 07:47PM

the owner of als towing is a former arlington police officer.he pays bribes to the other officers for calling in jobs.

Posted by: al ()
Date: May 18, 2009 07:59PM

not true al

Re: Boycott Pio Pio - next to Marios
Posted by: WBR ()
Date: March 29, 2010 03:11PM

Arlington is famous for its quick-trigger towing. Be careful parking at Mario / Carnivals. Those businesses are great - but if you happen to park at Pio Pio next door parking where there is a small sign that indicates not to park there - easily overlooked due to its location - you will be towed. Someone is either there hiding in the bushes with a cell-phone, or parked across the street just waiting for innocent families. We went inside Carnival's with our two infants in tow, saw a sign once we were inside Carnvial about towing - before we even ordered - went outside to move the car, and it was already down the street. The owner of Carnival said they put large signs on the outside of their building, but that somehow they are always mysteriously removed at night. That parking lot is a cash cow for the towing company. BOYCOTT PIO PIO for this awful business practice

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.