HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Arlington :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Local NY Style Pizza
Posted by: NY2VA ()
Date: August 09, 2011 04:24PM

Hi! New here and looking for NY style pizza! Where is the best local joint near Arlington?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Local NY Style Pizza
Posted by: iheartbk ()
Date: August 09, 2011 04:44PM

huh, brooklynite here so if you find lemme know!!!

Posted by: ProVallone ()
Date: August 10, 2011 12:16PM

Seems really pathetic that a place has to advertise "New York Style Pizza" because the stuff around here blows so much.
New York certainly doesn't have "Virginia Style " ANYTHING.
Except for Virginia Ham, that is.

Posted by: Mattyb2 ()
Date: August 10, 2011 10:40PM

Pomodoros fairfax is the only thing that comes close.Let me know if you find a deli.

Posted by: Arlingtonkid ()
Date: August 14, 2011 02:42PM

Pro,

Why then do some many loud mouth new yorkers move to Virginia? If the pizza is that good, then move back to new york. And why the hell would someone advertise, New York style taxes, or service, or rudeness? They don't which tells me that maybe the only good thing New York has to offer is pizza.

Posted by: ProVallone ()
Date: August 15, 2011 09:03AM

Arlingtonkid Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pro,
>
> Why then do some many loud mouth new yorkers move
> to Virginia? If the pizza is that good, then move
> back to new york. And why the hell would someone
> advertise, New York style taxes, or service, or
> rudeness? They don't which tells me that maybe
> the only good thing New York has to offer is
> pizza.

Arlington Kid,
People move here for work. There are a lot of government jobs. The economy is bad, so sacrifices have to be made. If pizza was the only concern they wouldn't have to move back , because they wouldn't have moved here in the first place.
Ever been to New York, kid? You might like it if you visited. Maybe your Mom will buy you a bus ticket?
If you don't like loud mouth New Yorkers, I guess thats just tough shit for you. They certainly don't care what a child from a douche town like Arlington thinks.

Posted by: Arlingtonkid ()
Date: August 15, 2011 06:47PM

Pro,

Well, then they need to shut up and just deal with it. The problem with new yorkers is they believe the World revolves around New York. They are mistaken. It's a crap hole with a large percentage of people living there who want to move.

Posted by: Area Native ()
Date: August 16, 2011 12:29AM

I'm sorry you had to move away from home to get a job. That is not my doing or my concern. I'm sorry that your mommy is not here to cook for you, again, not my doing or my concern. If you don't like our pizza then go downtown, get on the Chinatown bus, and go to New York to get your pizza fetish. Please don't go to places like the Italian Store or Lost Dog Cafe because I don't want to stand behind your stupid, snobby ass waiting for my order.

If you don't like DC go home. I'm sure there are plenty of jobs in NYC - at least as many as in DC. So don't come down here, steal our jobs and then complain that it is not the greasy grossness of New York City pizza. If you move to another city enjoy what that city has to offer and get over your mommy and home fixation.

You make me sick.

Posted by: Troop ()
Date: August 16, 2011 11:11PM

Amen. Fucking god damn carpent bagging Yankees. If it is so great up there, GO HOME!We here do not need anything from NY.

Posted by: Arlingtonlove ()
Date: August 19, 2011 10:46AM

Dudes, it's just about Pizza...Lol. Stop being stupid. I'm from Arlington, and I like NYC, and I usually go to this place for some greasy pizza: http://cirosnypizza.homestead.com/.

Posted by: Ciros is Awesome ()
Date: August 21, 2011 03:35AM

Arlingtonlove Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dudes, it's just about Pizza...Lol. Stop being
> stupid. I'm from Arlington, and I like NYC, and I
> usually go to this place for some greasy pizza:
> http://cirosnypizza.homestead.com/.

I used to go there from '92 - 2006. Some of the best pizza around. Being that this question is Arlington based, I've also liked the slices from the Italian Store - just off of Rt. 29 between the CVS and the Giant. I forget the shopping center - but, it's by Spout Run.

Posted by: nydriver ()
Date: November 06, 2011 11:44PM

I hate to tell you this but Nothern Virginia is pretty much a melting pot of a lot of people from different areas. People here advertize NY Style Pizza because NY has the best pizza and they want the people from here to think they are eating it as if they were in New York.

If someone knows where I can get a good slice like I get from home, please let mw know. Also bagels!! No one has good bagles here at all!

Posted by: mar mon ()
Date: November 28, 2011 06:56PM

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read.php?2,672916,748696,page=9#msg-748696

to this post K will say m was "working late." takers?

Posted by: ma r vin ()
Date: December 08, 2011 09:29AM

Oh, there is that sinking feeling you have endured all week. It really does suck to be you particularly now that the only thing you had going in your life (marvin) is cruelly abandoning you during the holidays. LOL. g-)

Posted by: Morris65 ()
Date: June 05, 2012 06:52AM

Lyon Village!

Posted by: Mmotahe ()
Date: June 26, 2013 11:23PM

Valentinos Pizza off of Beauregard..best NY Style Pizza..there is a line up out the door every day

Posted by: FrankR. ()
Date: August 23, 2015 11:15AM

+1 for Pomodoros. Large cheese, can't go wrong.

Posted by: Black Caulk ()
Date: August 25, 2015 10:04PM

Life long NOVA resident with NY family roots which meant lots of NYC trips.

Here's my list, in no particular order. I evaluate pizza based upon getting a plain slice, reheated and served on one (preferably two) paper plates. The slice when still hot should be extremely thin and snap like a cracker. After cooling for > 3 minutes the slice should fold easily. Sauce should be lightly applied. Cheese must NOT be overdone. For some reasons Greek Pizza joints do this a lot. Take a pie and cut a slice out and the gap is filled with oozing cheese. That's a no no.

Luciainos in Tysons 1, next to Lord & Taylor. Has slice window.
Tony's NY Pizza in Fairfax, near Walmart
Italian Store(s) in Arlington. Can't vouch for new store, but I assume it's the same stuff as the original
Goody's in Clarendon.

Honorable mention: Brooklyn Pizza also in Clarendon. But Claredon is so full of douchebags so fuck them.

Valentinos has been mentioned, but their toppings SUCK. It's cheese or nothing.

Luciano's is my favorite, but probably for sentimental reasons, followed by Tony's, cos I like the family that runs it and his daughters have big titties. Lots of slice choices and scicillian as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2015 10:13PM by Black Caulk.

Posted by: sane ()
Date: January 07, 2016 11:23PM

Joe's Place Pizza and Pasta in both Arlington and Vienna. The Owner and Founder, Joe Faruggio, came here from New York....and originally from Sicily.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.