HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Loudoun :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
waiter (Clif Thornton) takes credit card information and blogs verbally abusive comments about customers
Date: August 03, 2012 06:18PM

http://clifthornton.blogspot.com/2012/08/clif-thornton-ledos-pizza-of-ashburn.html

Clif Thornton - Ledos Pizza of Ashburn waiter takes credit card slip information and harrasses customers

Clif Thornton, 30 something year old self proclaimed genius (according to his blog profile), and former waiter at Ledos Pizza in Ashburn, VA, posted names, addresses and insults on his blog of Ledos Pizza customers, if he didn't like the tip he received. Clif Thornton admittedly obtained the name from the credit card receipts and would find their address on the internet then post the information on his blog. Probably not the best way for Ledos Pizza to keep repeat business once their clients find the vulgar, verbally insulting links on the internet associated with their name on google, next to their facebook, linkedin, twitter links is:

"insert your customers name" is an ASSHOLE.blogspot

The waiter, Clif Thornton admits on his petty blog of having anger management issues and being a racist. The former waiter at Ashburn Virginia Ledos Pizza blogs are shown below, but without their customers names.

It is never good for a business when your employees harrass customers like former Ledos Pizza waiter Clif Thornton.

Since this 30 something year old self proclaimed "genius" Clif Thornton was fired from Ledos Pizza, maybe you want to hire him so he can harrass your customers too. I feel sorry for him, but I already have enough charities I work with.

Scroll down to read Clif Thorntons other blogs and his blog profile.
Clif Thornton - Ledos Pizza of Ashburn waiter takes credit card slip information and harrasses customers
Clif Thornton, 30 something year old self proclaimed genius (according to his blog profile), and former waiter at Ledos Pizza in Ashburn, VA, posted names, addresses and insults on his blog of Ledos Pizza customers, if he didn't like the tip he received. Clif Thornton admittedly obtained the name from the credit card receipts and would find their address on the internet then post the information on his blog. Probably not the best way for Ledos Pizza to keep repeat business once their clients find the vulgar, verbally insulting links on the internet associated with their name on google, next to their facebook, linkedin, twitter links is:

"insert your customers name" is an ASSHOLE.blogspot

The waiter, Clif Thornton admits on his petty blog of having anger management issues and being a racist. The former waiter at Ashburn Virginia Ledos Pizza blogs are shown below, but without their customers names.

It is never good for a business when your employees harrass customers like former Ledos Pizza waiter Clif Thornton.

Since this 30 something year old self proclaimed "genius" Clif Thornton was fired from Ledos Pizza, maybe you want to hire him so he can harrass your customers too. I feel sorry for him, but I already have enough charities I work with.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: waiter (Clif Thornton) takes credit card information and blogs verbally abusive comments about customers
Posted by: Broadrun painting ()
Date: August 04, 2012 03:13PM

We will never go there again, the place was filthy and waiter was gross and creepy, kept steering at my girlfriend.

Re: waiter (Clif Thornton) takes credit card information and blogs verbally abusive comments about customers
Posted by: Don't go to Ledo pizza in Ashburn ()
Date: August 05, 2012 01:19PM

We live close to this Ledo's but don't go there anymore, the 400 lb waiter was a jerk! We go to Rubino's or Manhattan's, much better pizza and friendly service.

Posted by: CT ()
Date: August 13, 2012 05:29PM

Ledo pizza of ashburn has awful waiters! Dirty tables and pizza tasted like a frozen pizza from food lion. Ledo pizza maybe square, because they don't cut corners, but it doesn't matter what shape it is if it still tastes bad because it's not made with fresh ingredients. Waiter was rude and didn't honor coupon or advertised "kids eat free" special. Will not go back.

Posted by: Clif Thornton ()
Date: August 23, 2012 09:56PM

http://patrickstethem.blogspot.com/2012/07/mission-statement.html

That's the address of the blog/post referred to here.

So this was brought to my attention, and while it's probably worthless, I figured I'd add some context to what's been said here, since it's misrepresentative of what actually happened.

"Takes credit card information" means I got the name off the slip. It did have an intention other than calling someone names, since there was property damage done to the restaurant. (The lesson here should be that if you're going to be a horrible customer, pay cash so you can't be tracked down later.)

Statements about genius and racism were supposed to be tongue-in-cheek, and I think it's pretty obvious with context, but I suppose that's open to reader interpretation. I think of my potential racism like this: http://youtu.be/RovF1zsDoeM

I like the insinuation that this was some sort of standard procedure. I did something stupid one time in a moment of extreme frustration. It wasn't just because of a bad tip, or even the extreme awfulness of this particular customer. It was the culmination of months of frustration at a soul-crushing job in a soul-crushing industry.

If you've never worked in the service industry, and you want a lesson in how terrible people are capable of being to each other, get a job as a retail clerk, waiter, cashier, or something like that. It will change how you feel about the people who do those jobs.

I regret not having seen/noticed the combination of bad tip and paper mache mess on the table while the customer was still in the restaurant. I would have called him an asshole and gotten myself fired on the spot, instead of letting it fester until I vented via the internet. Much cleaner that way.

http://profligateraconteur.blogspot.com was my other blog that I wrote for about six weeks back in 2010. It was/is completely unrelated to my time as a waiter and was just a collection of ramblings. No one cared to read it, I didn't care enough to keep writing it, but since it's been referenced, I figured I'd link it in the interest of full disclosure.

Posted by: ashburnite ()
Date: August 25, 2012 12:22AM

You were a horrible waiter who drove us away from Ledo's. We liked the pizza but you were creeepy and innappropriate. We weren't people who offended you and I'm sure we left you a 20% tip but after two visits getting to deal with you, we never went back. The guy who opened the restaurant seemed pretty nice. We assumed you must have been related to him if you kept a job.

You creep people out.

Re: waiter Clif Thornton takes credit card information and blogs verbally abusive comments about customers
Posted by: ca$hburnite ()
Date: September 11, 2012 09:53AM

Blogs are violent and full of racism. If you're a hater, you shouldn't live in Ca$burn dude. Place is full of rich, successful, beautiful people, no wonder you're just a waiter.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.