HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Loudoun :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
New waterslide in South Riding
Posted by: SR Guy ()
Date: May 27, 2012 08:30PM

Kids love it. It is the only one in South Riding, and now this pool is the most crowded. There were lines and waiting times to get into this pool yesterday and today.

Do any other neighborhood pools in the area have a waterslide this big?
Attachments:
slide.JPG

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New waterslide in South Riding
Posted by: BigK ()
Date: May 27, 2012 09:40PM

That is one fine slide. I live right up the street from this pool and watched them build it. The only problem is for the last 12 years I could walk up the street and enjoy a great pool. Now with the slide it is and will continue to be packed everyday. I figure I will get in the car and go to one of the other pools in South Riding and it should be much less crowded.

Date: May 28, 2012 09:21AM

Hopefully, after the build the adjacent pool in the fall, capacity numbers for this pool will be higher next summer. But yea, It is the "go to" pool for all of South Riding, right now. I live four blocks away (near RB st), and I have only been to one other SR Pool (the one with the hot tub) in the last two years. I don't think my kids will even entertain going to another pool now that this monster slide is here.

If you use the bar to give you a running start, you will "whip" on this slide. it is pretty darn cool.

Date: May 28, 2012 03:51PM

I don't have any young kids anymore so the wife and I will be going to that other pool with the hot tub. That is the only other one I have gone to in the 14 years I have lived here in South Riding. I think we have 5 in the hood now.

Posted by: Sr guy ()
Date: May 28, 2012 04:20PM

I believe it is four

Posted by: SRTJ ()
Date: June 04, 2012 09:28AM

More slides are on their way.

Posted by: ptPvY ()
Date: June 04, 2012 08:29PM

More slides? A fishing pier? Does the SRP collect so much excess money in HOA fees that they are having problems figuring out how to spend it?

Date: June 05, 2012 12:23PM

ptPvY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> More slides? A fishing pier? Does the SRP collect
> so much excess money in HOA fees that they are
> having problems figuring out how to spend it?

Pretty much. We have free outdoor movies added to the free outdoor concerts in the summer, we were given a free buffet dinner for homeowners just for showing up to hear the HOA board candidates give a speech,we are getting a new pool added to the Hyland Hills pool complex next year, and they are now talking about twice a week recycling pick up.

Not bad for 73 bucks a month.

Did you read the booklet they sent out? They want more power to finance expensive projects.

Date: June 05, 2012 12:36PM

I wasn't real happy with some of the changes in that booklet. Lowering the required percent could get out of hand. I also didn't like the limits they want to set on the number of pets allowed per house. HOA can become a bunch of little Hitlers.

Posted by: SR_muter ()
Date: June 05, 2012 11:18PM

SR Guy Wrote:

> Did you read the booklet they sent out? They want
> more power to finance expensive projects.

Booklet? What booklet?

Posted by: Not in South Riding ()
Date: June 11, 2012 01:58PM

Pics of MILFs in swimsuits, please.

Posted by: u people r suckers ()
Date: July 11, 2012 10:46AM

I enjoy a good laugh when I hear people say they pay HOA fees. The community I live in doesn't have all that stuff you have which is fine because I would not want to pay an HOA fee anyway. Our community was built in the '80's and there is no HOA fee. People tried to bring it up but gets rejected all the time. Houses and yards are maintained. People are fools to pay a fee to be told what they can or can't do in their community.

One of the poster's said they pay $73. I assume that is a month so that is $876 a year which could be used for something else.

Posted by: oh shiznit!!!! ()
Date: July 11, 2012 10:48AM

That pool must be in an upscale neighborhood because if it was anywhere else then the nigglet population would be all over that pool.

EVER SEE A NEWS REPORT ON TV WHERE THEY ARE AT A POOL IN D.C.????? LOOKS LIKE A BUNCH OF FLOATING TURDS IN THE WATER!!!!!!

Posted by: upscale ()
Date: July 11, 2012 08:56PM

u people r suckers Wrote:

> One of the poster's said they pay $73. I assume
> that is a month so that is $876 a year which could
> be used for something else.

The only thing I will say about South Riding is that the HOA fee includes twice a week trash pick up and once a week recycling pick up. If you need to throw out a couch, or a table, etc... that's included too. I think that service alone costs $30-50 a month.

So when you're looking at HOA fees, make sure you deduct what you (would) pay for trash pick up. Because unless you're some toothless redneck, you're going to pay for that with or without an HOA.

Date: July 11, 2012 09:21PM

The $73 also include snow removal and the mowing and upkeep of all the common grounds. Also all of the tennis courts and playgrounds require upkeep that is included. All that with the trash pickup and access to all four swimming pools is a great deal for $73 a month I think.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.