HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Loudoun :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Can anyone suggest a DUI attorney in Loudoun County ??
Posted by: In need of help ()
Date: February 27, 2012 07:01PM

I got a DUI on Sunday night in Loudoun after leaving Clyde’s. I have never been charged with a crime before. I have a security clearance and cannot lose it, or I lose my job. Can anyone recommend a really good attorney and let me know how much you paid and the outcome of your case?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can anyone suggest a DUI attorney in Loudoun County ??
Posted by: Hunter ()
Date: February 28, 2012 09:17AM

If you have a lot of money I would recommend Thomas K. Plofchan, Jr. 703-406-7616. He will work magic! If you don’t want to cash in the 401K than I would recommend Ken Fitzgerald 571-291-3575, he is good and aggressive and charges much less than Plofchan

Posted by: JamesT ()
Date: February 29, 2012 10:36AM

I hired Ken Fitzgerald when my son was caught drinking, in possession of marijuana, at a party in Ashburn. I was completely distraught because my son is a student / athlete and I did not want this to ruin his life. Ken was understanding and upfront with what we faced. He sent daily email updates, even when there was nothing going on, which really helped calm my nerves. Not sure about a DWI, but we were happy with Ken., and the results of the case

Posted by: It happens ()
Date: February 29, 2012 11:09PM

I got a DWI in Loudoun, leaving the Steak House. Ken Fitzgerald is the guy I hired and he did me right. Everyday I got an email. I did it, fu** LC they beat me up

Posted by: ComeOn ()
Date: March 05, 2012 05:59PM

Good luck with the case. Virginia is reviewing a law that would require all persons convicted of a DUI / DWI to have an intoxilyzer installed in their vehicle, where you have to blow every few minutes. Not fun and a huge cash cow for the state and companies that manufacture and install these devices.

Posted by: radioguy ()
Date: March 17, 2012 07:56PM

So will you update us ? How bad was the experience, did Loudoun bend you over, or did your lawyer fix this for you ?

Posted by: DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL AND DRIVE! ()
Date: December 13, 2012 01:43AM

Quit scapegoating and face up to and take the punishment like a mature person should.
Too much pre-emptive warning about drinking alcohol/drugging and driving is given and you, obviously to much of an idiot to figure it out, went out drinking and driving?
And did they give you a big break on drug testing you with the plenty of probable cause?
If you were drugging as well, well a drug charge would be very appropriate as well.
You are guilty. You did the crime, now grow up and do the time!
Hope they slam your hard with it, maximum penalty. Especially after making this idiot thread on the subject matter. When you took the drink and got in the auto to drive, you made yourself a serious threat to everyone else out driving on the roads. I say, FUCK YOU!! ASSHOLE!!

Posted by: STOP DRIVING DRUNK, JERK! ()
Date: January 04, 2013 04:51AM

Uh, duh, uh. You got alternatives dick weed. You did the crime, now do the time! Go back to walking, bicycling, taking the bus or taxi's! Most attorneys can not 'get you off' the charge or lighten the penalty's these days. They play 'politics', and simply 'fool you' into thinking they get you a 'better deal' with the mandated, now, punishments imposed by law. What makes you think you are so special, anyway? The same spoiled rotten attitude you have like when you got drunk and hopped gingerly behind the wheel of an auto threatening the rest of us driving with your same spoiled rotten behavior?
Plenty of warning was and is being given to keep people from drinking and driving. And what do you do?
All the death, seriously injured, maimed, crippled for life people out there caused by intoxicated with booze or otherwise, and you think you should get special treatment with the mandated punishments waived somehow?
Grow up, punk bitch! Do 'the time' like an adult should! The punishments for such crime should be and are going to get more severe because of child-minded idiots like you!
I think the punishment should include piling up a few dead corpses caused by intoxicated drivers should be piled up on your face for awhile. Get a good wiff of the dead rotting flesh in your nostrils. With at least one of them being a beloved relative that has fallen victim to same. Maybe this will teach you someyhing about being intoxicated and getting behind the wheel of an motorized vehicle.
I and too many others agree on this. Sick and tired of beung tired and sick of people like you. Just who the fuck do you think you are? With no respect for yourself as well as the rest of us all?
You were plenty warned before you decided to drink/drug and drive. Now face up to the, what is more than fair, under the circumstances, be a mature adult, and take the punishment.
Highering an attorney will just cost you more, making the mandated punishment plus it, even worse!
Dummie!

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: January 09, 2013 07:49AM

Is driving drunk any worse than driving under the influence of psychosis?

Posted by: DEWW ()
Date: February 20, 2013 03:26PM

Loudoun is the worst.

You simply are not going to get out of the charge. PERIOD.

What you want is to reduce the charge to reckless driving. It is frequently referred to as a "wet reckless."

Hire a local attorney who knows the prosecutors. You are going to catch it like hell. But a reckless driving charge is better than...

Re: Can anyone suggest a DUI attorney in Loudoun County ?? Justin D Hughes, Broad Run Painting
Posted by: McCuff ()
Date: April 05, 2013 12:52AM

This local attorney's client received a 2 year sentence for his first offense on a Hit and Run charge....

Justin Hughes, Felony Hit & Run, Broad Run Painting, Loudoun County, VA

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read.php?36,668849,668849,quote=1

http://www.loudountimes.com/index.php/news/article/lansdowne_resident_receives_felony_driving_for_alleged_hit-and-run123

Posted by: Dont tell me what to do ()
Date: April 06, 2013 10:43PM

You seem very angry with this persons reguest for counsel.. Jump off your high horse and get over yourself. your assuming he intended to get shit-faced drunk and drive down the dulles toll road (or where ever) maybe he was at a wedding reception and had to leave early.. Or maybe not.. Your vey quick to hang this person by the throat..

Posted by: Doin' it right ()
Date: April 06, 2013 10:45PM

I have this bad habit of just being who I am and speaking my mind. So let me be the first to say that really the only times I've ever driven "drunk" is when I was driving my kid and my kid's friends to the mall and back. The responsibility of having the children of other people in the car stresses me out so I use vodka to ease the nerves and smooth out the edges. I know this comes across as awesome to most of you who do the same when you drive other people's kids around but I have to suggest you switch to margaritas in the summertime. There is nothing quite like a tropical tequila and sour mix buzz as you navigate the happiness bus towards your destination at top speed. The kids pretend to be scared but in all actuality it is more like a roller coaster to them that they have no control over and could quite possibly die on. Their screams of "terror" are really cries for "more", and that is why you keep a flask full of Patron and organic lime juice with you at all times.

Posted by: My God man ()
Date: April 06, 2013 10:48PM

Driving drunk isnt a crime until you get nailed.. Keep your laws off my body, i dont about you, but we only live once, so you do it your way and i'll do it mine.

Posted by: what about this ()
Date: April 06, 2013 10:54PM

Lets say i steal a metro bus and my B.A.C is .26... While tearing ass down the toll road at 100 mph the only person i kill is a registered sex offender...... The kind that went after young childern... Is it still a crime??????? Lets look at the whole picture here...

Date: April 06, 2013 10:59PM

Lets be honest here, say you accidentally kill someone while driving home after a rousing night of an alcohol-soaked talent-show-quality display of skills you never knew you had. Would anyone at Buffalo Wild Wings really call you a monster if the person you killed was a bad guy to begin with? Who's to say when you floor it as the light turns "red for rockin' on" and viciously T-bone a Chevy Cobalt driven by a "women and children first" rapist that you did anything short of heroic? We could "what if" a scenario to death and ultimately not solve any problems even close to what I can do after spending a night at Red Robin trying to get laid during the school season and ringing up a $89 tab on Guiness milkshakes (which, by the way people, helps stimulate the economy so I'm doing several good deeds at the same time by spending my paycheck drinking magic juice that makes me compliment the appearance of every housewife in the children's non-smoking area by the bathrooms). So let's keep it classy here and not act like we are regulars at Logan's Roadhouse, we are people of the Loudoun grounds....conduct yourselves as such.

Posted by: Hang on now!!!! ()
Date: April 06, 2013 11:12PM

When its Karaoke night at the local steakhouse and Im wearing my advanced version of High Karate, what your saying is when i finally meet that depression ridden housewife that had way to many, I'm supposed to think of your D.W.I crap first.... Are you crazy, you self-hating cockwad.. She has dry vomit in her hair and is ready to take her depression to the next level.. I'm driving to that 29.95 hotel you A-Hole.. Im going to drive in whatever condition im in to seal the deal..... Bite Me you Loser!!!!!!!

Date: April 06, 2013 11:12PM

I think I've given you people enough to digest for one evening, but let me leave you with more all-too-common scenario. You and a long time co-worker decide to finally pull the trigger on that one cougar who tries and tries but just can't close on her intended target(s) weekend after saddened weekend. Being that you and this friend of yours are never at Jimmy's Old Town Tavern with pure intentions, you decide to invite her back to one of your homes to continue what was started. Already being in no shape to legally operate a vehicle due to her gender, you figure that her 18-beer and 2-cosmopolitans bar tab is no great expense compared to what will be done to her shortly....so you pay it off, tip the barkeep with a $50 and a smile, and blast off to penetrationsville. After a night of no eye-contact double teaming this broad, you grow tired of her charade and load the beer bong one last time. Covered in vomit and begging to stay, neither of you fall for her ruse and order her out of the townhouse at once. Now the dilemma is that she can, by no means, stay at the townhouse and unless she leaves the premises quickly you WILL call the police, so her only option is to drive home as fast as possible to limit the number of mistakes she will inevitably make as a woman behind the wheel. So in that scenario, this person has no choice BUT to drive "drunk" and yet you Ashburn house-yuppies will not miss a chance to jump all over someone in her position. Tread lightly, as it is you who force this woman to break the law simply because she cannot stay here after we are done or we will call the police.

Date: March 18, 2014 05:21PM

ttt

Posted by: jim watson ()
Date: February 18, 2015 04:31PM

If you can afford him hire Tommy Hindman. Top dui lawyer in east tennessee.

Posted by: NotToDay ()
Date: February 21, 2015 05:47PM

This is not legal advice. I am not a lawyer and I've never been convicted of DUI because I don't drink but I work within legal system to know this. Your facts may vary. Sounds like you're going to find out regardless.

If you took the Field Sobriety test (FST) and field breathalyzer, forget getting a lawyer but by no means should you not talk to one. You're screwed even first offense and a lawyer won't help much if at all.

You do not have to submit to those tests in the field but you do not have the right to refuse testing whether it's a breathyzer in the station or a blood alchohol content test. Expect that you'll have to blow the machine at least 3 times to show a consistent trend.

Know this, even if you pass the FST, the ONLY thing the courts care about is if you are over, at or under the limit. Blow a .08, you're done. Hope you're not allergic to handcuffs. Even if you blow under the legal limit, if you appear to be impaired, you're under arrest. The law is the law and it requires mandatory sentencing and fines.

The judge does have some discretion over some of the sentencing like fines. So be on your best behavior, wear a nice suit, shave, act like your a pillar of society and you just made a mistake. A free consultation with a human lawyer will pretty much give you the same information. The lawyer can only do so much.

The Commonwealth's attorney will threaten you with max sentence including loss of license, max fine and jail time and the issuance of a provisional license. Again a lawyer will only help you so much here and a good one will tell you just that.

And unless you have friends and a girfriend who's willing to drag your ass all over the place, you can kiss your social life good bye. You leave home, you drive to work and only work, you drive home again and the car sits until you have to do it all over again, go to DMV (which is going to cost you even more money), your ASAP and victim interview classes and court. That's about all you get. Some judges will take child visitation under consideration. So will say screw you buddy. The average first year cost for a DUI conviction is about $10-15,000 all tolled.

In Virginia, the law is simple. First offense: interlock device for 1 year @ $200 per install. Calibration of said device every 22 days at $90 a pop. Miss an appointment and your car will shut off, permanently and you will have to have it towed back to the dealer who will have to reset the device AND report it to ASAP. That will cost you about $300.

So, 11 ASAP classes @ $400, non refundable. Miss more than a class, back to court you go for violating probation and kiss your provisional license good bye. 2 DUI victim sessions. Special DUI insurance for three years. Will bump your premium about 280% over the term if your insurance company doesn't outright drop you.

Another note for all you people out carrying security clearances - which seems like most of the DMV. You can keep your clearance with a DUI and you are required by federal law to notify your FSO within 24 hours depending on what you're cleared for.

A note of caution, DO NOT...repeat DO NOT, try to keep anything from your FSO. Re-read the forms you signed upon your clearance. You will never get cleared again and you will lose your job and your company could very well lose it's contracting status with the government. To which, your company will probably sue and screw you...as you did them.

In many other states, DUI is part of the traffic code but in Virginia, it is part of the criminal code just like reckless and virtually all traffice offenses. You have been tried and convicted of a crime under the criminal code of Virginia. While DUI first offense is a misdemanor you have to report it as directed by your FSO.

DUI's are the gift that just keeps on giving. You are absolutely going to repeat FML over and over and over again for at least the next year.

Why anyone drinks and drives in today's world is beyond me. Let me see? I go to a bar, the bar lets out and shocker, there are cops waiting for us to leave the bar. Like shooting fish in the barrel. Unbelieveable to me.

Posted by: Paul Takakjian ()
Date: June 01, 2015 11:18AM

There would probably be many DUI lawyers in your locality and might be helpful.DUI lawyers are the one who can get you easily out of the trouble.I think you could find some suggested here.I dont think DUI is a easy charge to get out of, if you have to get minimum charges and want to contest every thing they charge you with better hire a professional and experienced DUI lawyer.

Posted by: PhoenixMatthias ()
Date: June 01, 2015 11:24AM

This may help:

http://www.avvo.com/ Find a lawyer site.

Posted by: A-DCProf ()
Date: June 02, 2015 12:13PM

NotToDay Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is not legal advice. I am not a lawyer and
> I've never been convicted of DUI because I don't
> drink but I work within legal system to know this.
> Your facts may vary. Sounds like you're going to
> find out regardless.
>
> If you took the Field Sobriety test (FST) and
> field breathalyzer, forget getting a lawyer but by
> no means should you not talk to one. You're
> screwed even first offense and a lawyer won't help
> much if at all.
>
> You do not have to submit to those tests in the
> field but you do not have the right to refuse
> testing whether it's a breathyzer in the station
> or a blood alchohol content test. Expect that
> you'll have to blow the machine at least 3 times
> to show a consistent trend.
>
> Know this, even if you pass the FST, the ONLY
> thing the courts care about is if you are over, at
> or under the limit. Blow a .08, you're done. Hope
> you're not allergic to handcuffs. Even if you blow
> under the legal limit, if you appear to be
> impaired, you're under arrest. The law is the law
> and it requires mandatory sentencing and fines.
>
> The judge does have some discretion over some of
> the sentencing like fines. So be on your best
> behavior, wear a nice suit, shave, act like your a
> pillar of society and you just made a mistake. A
> free consultation with a human lawyer will pretty
> much give you the same information. The lawyer can
> only do so much.
>
> The Commonwealth's attorney will threaten you with
> max sentence including loss of license, max fine
> and jail time and the issuance of a provisional
> license. Again a lawyer will only help you so much
> here and a good one will tell you just that.
>
> And unless you have friends and a girfriend who's
> willing to drag your ass all over the place, you
> can kiss your social life good bye. You leave
> home, you drive to work and only work, you drive
> home again and the car sits until you have to do
> it all over again, go to DMV (which is going to
> cost you even more money), your ASAP and victim
> interview classes and court. That's about all you
> get. Some judges will take child visitation under
> consideration. So will say screw you buddy. The
> average first year cost for a DUI conviction is
> about $10-15,000 all tolled.
>
> In Virginia, the law is simple. First offense:
> interlock device for 1 year @ $200 per install.
> Calibration of said device every 22 days at $90 a
> pop. Miss an appointment and your car will shut
> off, permanently and you will have to have it
> towed back to the dealer who will have to reset
> the device AND report it to ASAP. That will cost
> you about $300.
>
> So, 11 ASAP classes @ $400, non refundable. Miss
> more than a class, back to court you go for
> violating probation and kiss your provisional
> license good bye. 2 DUI victim sessions. Special
> DUI insurance for three years. Will bump your
> premium about 280% over the term if your insurance
> company doesn't outright drop you.
>
> Another note for all you people out carrying
> security clearances - which seems like most of the
> DMV. You can keep your clearance with a DUI and
> you are required by federal law to notify your FSO
> within 24 hours depending on what you're cleared
> for.
>
> A note of caution, DO NOT...repeat DO NOT, try to
> keep anything from your FSO. Re-read the forms you
> signed upon your clearance. You will never get
> cleared again and you will lose your job and your
> company could very well lose it's contracting
> status with the government. To which, your company
> will probably sue and screw you...as you did
> them.
>
> In many other states, DUI is part of the traffic
> code but in Virginia, it is part of the criminal
> code just like reckless and virtually all traffice
> offenses. You have been tried and convicted of a
> crime under the criminal code of Virginia. While
> DUI first offense is a misdemanor you have to
> report it as directed by your FSO.
>
> DUI's are the gift that just keeps on giving. You
> are absolutely going to repeat FML over and over
> and over again for at least the next year.
>
> Why anyone drinks and drives in today's world is
> beyond me. Let me see? I go to a bar, the bar lets
> out and shocker, there are cops waiting for us to
> leave the bar. Like shooting fish in the barrel.
> Unbelieveable to me.

This.

Posted by: UPYOURS ASSWIPE ()
Date: July 11, 2015 03:12PM

Very few people INTEND to drive under the influence. This cat made a poor choice and got popped by the po po. Tough Luck. I have NO FUCKIN SYMPATHY for him or any other shit stain that is popped for DUI. I have had too many friends maimed and killed over the last 50 some years by some drunken asshole cager to give a shit about their security clearance issue. Anyone driving DUI has:
Attachments:
shit for brains.jpg

Posted by: ChrisDCollings12 ()
Date: January 07, 2016 04:28AM

Consider choosing the DWI attorney who is near by your home as well as who have experience of handling such type of cases.Also, have recommendations from those who have experience with the law firm, choose that particular one because this can help you in right choice of the law firm for your case.

Posted by: Mark Simms ()
Date: March 08, 2016 10:13PM

I would highly recommend the Law Office Robert D Anderson. I had a reckless driving as well as a DUI charge. He was the Commonwealth chief prosecutor for many years prior so therefore he knows the law inside and out. He is very calm but knows what he's talking about. He went through the whole arrest and figure it out there were grounds to fight the original stop. He brought up over seven different areas that would exonerate me. I highly recommend that you call Robert D. Anderson in Leesburg. He was located across from the courthouse. As a result of his years of experience and many connections I was able to receive a minor traffic Violation as opposed to a reckless driving and A DWI. I believe his website is www.loudounlawfirm.com.

Posted by: yepyep ()
Date: March 18, 2016 01:13PM

Robert Vernail - he's a beast in Loudoun County.

Posted by: I got this ()
Date: March 25, 2016 02:31PM

Seriously, if you cared that much about your security clearance, why didn't you call a cab, a friend, an uber? You're going to pay a lot, and it's not going to go away. If you can't be trusted to make adult decisions, maybe you shouldn't be trusted to have a security clearance...

Posted by: LeesburgLawyer ()
Date: May 18, 2016 11:07AM

I highly recommend Simms Showers Law, 703 771-4671. They are located in Leesburg, VA and have years of trial experience in DUI/DWI and traffic cases. They represent people all over Northern Virginia in criminal and traffic matters.

Posted by: Alasi_1 ()
Date: September 30, 2016 05:36AM

Yeah no doubt Ken is quite a famous DUI lawyer in London. My cousin works for a Los Angeles DUI attorney and he heard about him too. He is truly a genius who saves his client with his creative techniques and thinking.

Posted by: Actuallyinreality ()
Date: October 02, 2016 05:13AM

yepyep Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Robert Vernail - he's a beast in Loudoun County.

Vernail is a slimeball piece of shit. And so are you retarded shills for these stupid ass blood sucking lawyers. All of you should be ashamed of yourself

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.