HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Loudoun :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Thieves hit 17 vehicles in Ashburn
Posted by: McGruff ()
Date: August 11, 2011 12:49PM

Thieves hit 17 vehicles in Ashburn during the weekend
Monday, Aug. 8 by Laura Peters
http://www.loudountimes.com/index.php/news/article/thieves_hit_17_vehicles_in_ashburn_during_the_weekend123/

Thieves rifled through more than a dozen vehicles in the Ashburn area in the overnight hours of Aug. 5, stealing various items and prompting authorities to urge residents to keep their belongings locked up.

Through the areas of Gatwick Square, Clearnight Terrace, Ribboncrest Terrace and Wintergrove Drive, items such as money, sunglasses and MP3 players were removed from cars.

Two other locations in Ashburn, including Deer Chase Place and Farmingdale Drive were also struck with vehicle tampering and thefts.

The Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office encourages residents to lock their cars while left unattended.

According to the Sheriff’s Office, most of the cars that were tampered with had no valuable items removed from inside. In most cases, according to authorities, the vehicles were left unlocked, so no damage was done.

The Sheriff’s Office also reminds residents to remove or conceal high dollar items in their cars and to park in well lit areas or in a garage. They also recommend activating alarm systems or using anti-theft devices.

Any suspicious activities should be reported to the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office.

Anyone who has information regarding the Aug. 5 vehicle tamperings and thefts should contact the sheriff’s office at 703-777-1021. If the caller wishes to remain anonymous they are asked to contact Loudoun County Crime Solvers at 703-777-1919. If the information leads to an arrest and indictment, the caller could be eligible for a cash reward of up to $1000.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thieves hit 17 vehicles in Ashburn
Posted by: john hansen ()
Date: September 10, 2011 09:56AM

Looking at the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs I will assume these are residential neighborhoods with cars parked outside. Simple solution- buy a place with a 2 car garage. When it came to buy my first place I made sure it had a garage. Too many times in my old place which didn’t have a garage, my car got vandelized. We fought over parking, and even worse had to shovel snow in the winters.

The garage I have now has saved me from so much frustration. Although there are those in my neighborhood who lack any intellegence and park there cars in the street or driveway and use their garage as storage which I will never understand. These people use up all the parking for visitors. They should have a garage sale, move to a bigger place ,or rent a storage unit.

Posted by: Seriously? ()
Date: September 10, 2011 10:23AM

@John Hansen… how is buying a house with a 2 car garage a solution to crime? Are you serious? That’s the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard - way to blame the victims.

Posted by: Common Sense ()
Date: September 10, 2011 11:26AM

Actually, what John Hansen wrote made sense, and if people were a little smarter about parking in their garages or at least locking their car doors, fewer of these would be happening. Of course, as residents, we should be able to park where we like and have a reasonable expectation that our stuff will be safe, but let’s have some common sense. Leaving unlocked cars on the street are more of a target than cars that are locked or in a garage.

Posted by: No Garage ()
Date: September 12, 2011 06:01PM

Following up on good comments by Common Sense. Yes, always lock your doors to thwart theft and vandalism. Unfortunately and speaking from long experience as an apartment dweller-- you'll never have the full security for vehicles that is provided by your own private garage. Public parking deserves security but you'll never get it!

We cannot afford a home with private parking so, we deal with it. It's an unfortunate reality and we continue to deal with everything that public parking entails: stupidity of neighbors w/ slamming car doors into our own cars and fighting for shoveled-out parking spaces after a snow in the Winter, etc.

Saving cash for eventual purchase of a home with a private garage, one day. That's the only solution for secure parking of our's and everyone else's vehicles!

Posted by: Huh ()
Date: October 02, 2011 01:23PM

I always lock my doors. But with that said, it's unnerving to know people are going around checking for unlocked cars just to steal some "invaluable" items. I mean really? In Ashburn? This kind of reminds me of Chappelle's story of a crackhead breaking into his car to steal a candy bar.

Posted by: Garage ()
Date: October 12, 2011 11:35PM

Parking outdoors shouldn't be a hassle.

Posted by: Common ()
Date: June 20, 2012 06:35AM

I live in nova on a side street with no potholes or black people and it's very unsettling to know that there are gangs of thugs so close to endangering my well being. I'm thinking about moving somewhere further away from the city now that it seems that bad things are going to happen to me. Why is my life so difficult? No one should have to suffer these kinds of atrosities. It's time to rise up and say no, we will not have any more of this. Everyone, grab their rifles and moonshine, we're gona march to washington! We're gona take back what's rightfully ours; States Rights mo fuckka! I hereby revive the head of the confederacy, the great nation of Virginia, and we the people have the right to eat saturated fats and buy a shitload of guns and cigarrets at reasonable prices. Reppin the 703 nigga!

Posted by: AND MORE! ()
Date: November 20, 2012 10:58PM

Much more theft is going on unreported to the public proper thruout the Loudon County and region wide.

AUTO THEFT IS WAY UP.

The Honda Civic, although the anti theft devices after 2001 have deterred the newer models being outright stolen, is still one of the most stolen auto's everywhere. And we all know very well what ethnic catagory loves the Honda civic.

They have, and everyone has noticed, inundated themselves into the Honda dealerships and service centers especially after 2001, due to obvious reasons. Now they will steal your auto parts from you right out from under your nose while getting the simplest of work done. Anything that can be swapped out ( robbed and replaced ) quick enough for any .old or damaged part is done quickly, lickity split.

The inside rear view mirror is one of the most easy, popular theft. When you enter, it is new and clean, when you leave, it's old and/or dirty.
And if you notice right away or later, well, you will just have to prove it. ( impossible ). The profusely lying mechanic just denies, denies, denies being exactly what he is. A lying, cheating, stealing, walking piece of basura.

So watch out everyone. And do not bother calling Honda Corp. They will do nothing, nada about it. That is what the basura trash depends on. Honda makes the classic excuse, ' it is a franchise '.

Highly suggest anyone wanting honest auto work done, take it to a Japanese auto shop. The warranty's can be transffered over as well with any warranty coverage. Honda franchises suck! And all of them are franchises.

Yeah. If you are going to own a Honda, lesson hard learned is never take it to a Honda dealership. They will rob you blind.

And try and afford the newer than 2001 models with the anti theft standard equipment.

Of course, we all must pay the price for a failed justice and corporate system, not punishing thoroughly enough, these low life smegma that steal from everyone, anyone.

Posted by: Smegma? ()
Date: November 20, 2012 11:02PM

What? Smegma?

New world dictionary?:

'The crusty, sebasious secretion that gathers on the forskin of the penis or the lips of the vagina. '

Posted by: Si/R/Type S ()
Date: November 21, 2012 05:04PM

Mkay! Long time owner of various Honda Civic Si models. Never had an issue with service from licensed Honda dealers. Might cost a little more than some independant service shops but never a problem. And, Happy Thanksgiving to you.

Posted by: BokenGuy ()
Date: December 19, 2012 09:11AM

Cops just woke me up at 5am saying my car was broken into. In my case the doors were left unlocked and i didn't have anything in my car to take. So it was fine. I would rather leave my doors unlocked so they don't bust out the glass. I've had that happen to me at least 4 times and cleaning up broken glass sucksssssss.

THis was in south riding, the cops told me a bunch of cars got broken into last night. Lots of GPS's stolen, ect.

Posted by: snowdenscold ()
Date: February 10, 2013 11:11PM

BokenGuy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Cops just woke me up at 5am saying my car was
> broken into. In my case the doors were left
> unlocked and i didn't have anything in my car to
> take. So it was fine. I would rather leave my
> doors unlocked so they don't bust out the glass.
> I've had that happen to me at least 4 times and
> cleaning up broken glass sucksssssss.
>
> THis was in south riding, the cops told me a bunch
> of cars got broken into last night. Lots of GPS's
> stolen, ect.

You've had your windows broken at least 4 times as well as having people enter when you leave it unlocked?? That seems rather disproportionate - what are you doing to attract criminals?

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: February 25, 2013 12:58PM

dont leave your shit sitting out in plain sight. If thieves look in your windows and see a mess or obvious ipod or GPS unit, they'll try to get it. simple

Posted by: carman22 ()
Date: April 26, 2013 08:42AM

snowdenscold Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BokenGuy Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Cops just woke me up at 5am saying my car was
> > broken into. In my case the doors were left
> > unlocked and i didn't have anything in my car
> to
> > take. So it was fine. I would rather leave my
> > doors unlocked so they don't bust out the
> glass.
> > I've had that happen to me at least 4 times and
> > cleaning up broken glass sucksssssss.
> >
> > THis was in south riding, the cops told me a
> bunch
> > of cars got broken into last night. Lots of
> GPS's
> > stolen, ect.
>
> You've had your windows broken at least 4 times as
> well as having people enter when you leave it
> unlocked?? That seems rather disproportionate -
> what are you doing to attract criminals?

Nothing, they were checking all unlocked cars in the area. So i just happen to be unlucky. One other time, i was parked in DC and some gang just broke into a ton of cars in that block, i had TWO windows broken that time, and they didn't take anything just spread my shit all over the street. The other times i had SUBS and AMPS in my car, they did take them, so i'm sure i was playing it to loud and a thief heard it. (my first car teen days) Ohh well, that's why i have insurance.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.