HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Loudoun :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
For the first time in 67 years, Loudoun County jurors will hear a capital murder case.
Posted by: I hatez traffic ()
Date: April 24, 2011 08:12PM

Capital murder trial to start in October

For the first time in 67 years, Loudoun County jurors will hear a capital murder case.

Robert E. Roy, 46, of Hendersonville, W.Va., will be tried in Loudoun County Circuit Court starting Oct. 24.

The trial is expected to last four days.

Loudoun County Circuit Court Judge Thomas D. Horne will preside over the trial.

Roy is represented by defense attorney Joseph T. Flood.

Roy was indicted by a grand jury in November 2008 for the shooting death of Patrick Blair Hornbaker who was found May 21, 2001, in Hornbaker’s Route 9 home near the West Virginia line.

The defendant is accused of stealing a variety of items from Hornbaker’s home, including jewelry and prescription medication.

The case went cold for years until 2006 when a new investigator was assigned to the case. Authorities linked Roy as a suspect in the case in the summer of 2007.

Sheriff Steve Simpson said at the time of Roy’s Nov. 12, 2008, arrest that new information was brought to light that led investigators to him.

At the time of his arrest, Roy was incarcerated in the Mount Olive Correctional Center in West Virginia on other charges.

Roy’s capital murder trial was originally scheduled for Sept. 20, but was continued.

According to the Loudoun Times-Mirror archives, the last capital murder charge that went to trial was against William Clatterbuck in 1943.

Clatterbuck was convicted of killing the well-liked Love family, of Purcellville. He was executed in 1944.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: For the first time in 67 years, Loudoun County jurors will hear a capital murder case.
Posted by: Ofc Friendly ()
Date: April 26, 2011 05:12AM

Catching this guy was an impressive piece of good ole fashioned gumshoe police work.

Re: For the first time in 67 years, Loudoun County jurors will hear a capital murder case.
Posted by: McGruff ()
Date: September 08, 2011 07:22AM

Second man accused in ‘01 murder Wednesday, Sep. 7 by Matt Vecchio | 0 comments | Email this story 0ShareA second man has been charged for the 2001 murder of Patrick Blair Hornbaker.
http://www.loudountimes.com/index.php/news/article/second_person_charged_for_2001_murder123/

Posted by: Carlos Lopez ()
Date: September 15, 2011 11:50AM

You white people just cannot get along with each other.

Posted by: somebody789 ()
Date: October 02, 2011 07:38PM

You all are accusing an innocent man!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: noneyea ()
Date: December 11, 2011 12:41AM

My Father is a innocent man!...

Posted by: Teresa roy ()
Date: January 13, 2013 05:18PM

An accused man
..A innocent man...my dad robert roy was not the shooter...leo was..... now my dad will likely spend the rest of his life in prison for stealing jewlry ...wow...the justice system really is screwed up.

Posted by: Nonya ()
Date: January 13, 2013 05:38PM

You mean putting an innocent man in prison for life is what u call good ole fashion gunsgoe police work? You guys jus go after whoever you can ..thats why our world is so screwed up....go get the guy thay killed him not the guy that stold the jewlry.....

Posted by: JJ1 ()
Date: January 17, 2013 07:47PM

Teresa roy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> An accused man
> ..A innocent man...my dad robert roy was not the
> shooter...leo was..... now my dad will likely
> spend the rest of his life in prison for stealing
> jewlry ...wow...the justice system really is
> screwed up.

FUCK YOU AND YOUR DAD

Posted by: BigK ()
Date: January 20, 2013 06:49PM

You are one ignorent asshole....great spelling. You must take after you dad. If both were involved in the crime then both are responsible for the murder.

Posted by: Nonyea ()
Date: January 24, 2013 01:19PM

U will face god on judgement day...u do what u feel u should do but remember god is the only one who can judge anyone...and as for the spelling...ha ...u must work ur ass off for nothing because i have a touch screen phone and its hard to not hit the wrong letter when telling someone off like you. Go buy a better phone and get a life.

Posted by: lp ()
Date: January 24, 2013 07:48PM

Nonyea Wrote:
> U will face god on judgement day...u do what u
> feel u should do but remember god is the only one
> who can judge anyone...and as for the
> spelling...ha ...u must work ur ass off for
> nothing because i have a touch screen phone and
> its hard to not hit the wrong letter when telling
> someone off like you. Go buy a better phone and
> get a life.

fuuuuuuckuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu cunt

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: January 25, 2013 07:54AM

As soon as they start talking about God, you know they have nothing left to say.

Maybe when you wind up in jail they'll give you a cell with Dad?

Posted by: Denial ()
Date: March 05, 2013 11:40AM

I want to feel sorry for you because you are someones child but you will have to come to terms one day with the fact that a person you love has comitted a terrible crime.I'm sure anyone would want to believe their father but you weren't there and you may think it makes a difference that he may not have pulled the trigger but in reality he pulled the trigger when he decided to break into a home with a gun handy either on himself or on the other guy. he knew this and was a grown man and knew the consequences. Your anger and blame should be directed at your father. It takes a coward to place the blame everywhere but where it should be. But lets take the focus off your father because you have not had to deal with his death as Patricks family did. You should feel some shame for the constant excuse and hateful words to people who are doing whats right. you do not know those police and detectives who worked hard to do the right thing here. I'm sure those guys are a bit more educated than you when it comes to solving crimes unless i missed something and you are in law enforcement but i some how get the feeling you are on the other side of it. Patrick is loved by many big brother and son!

Posted by: DENIAL ()
Date: March 05, 2013 11:46AM

Oh yeah BTW God will be the judge, your right but thats when we die, untill then it's up to the United States Judicial System.

Posted by: DENIAL ()
Date: March 05, 2013 11:49AM

Agreed

Posted by: Denial ()
Date: March 05, 2013 11:51AM

I wish we could all get along as well as the blacks and hispanics. Bahahahahahaha

Posted by: A decent person ()
Date: August 09, 2013 10:23PM

Let me just say this... all you pple who call this mans daughter a cunt or a asshole should be ashamed of yourselves..this girl did nothing wrong..shes hurting as she is missing her father...how do sleep at night knowing your placing this girl next to her father when she has nothing to do with this at all...pple do hurt ehen loves ones make mistakes ..i think you ople who wanna judge a famileys pain should rott in hell! !!!""
> Capital murder trial to start in October
>
> For the first time in 67 years, Loudoun County
> jurors will hear a capital murder case.
>
> Robert E. Roy, 46, of Hendersonville, W.Va., will
> be tried in Loudoun County Circuit Court starting
> Oct. 24.
>
> The trial is expected to last four days.
>
> Loudoun County Circuit Court Judge Thomas D. Horne
> will preside over the trial.
>
> Roy is represented by defense attorney Joseph T.
> Flood.
>
> Roy was indicted by a grand jury in November 2008
> for the shooting death of Patrick Blair Hornbaker
> who was found May 21, 2001, in Hornbaker’s Route
> 9 home near the West Virginia line.
>
> The defendant is accused of stealing a variety of
> items from Hornbaker’s home, including jewelry
> and prescription medication.
>
> The case went cold for years until 2006 when a new
> investigator was assigned to the case. Authorities
> linked Roy as a suspect in the case in the summer
> of 2007.
>
> Sheriff Steve Simpson said at the time of Roy’s
> Nov. 12, 2008, arrest that new information was
> brought to light that led investigators to him.
>
> At the time of his arrest, Roy was incarcerated in
> the Mount Olive Correctional Center in West
> Virginia on other charges.
>
> Roy’s capital murder trial was originally
> scheduled for Sept. 20, but was continued.
>
> According to the Loudoun Times-Mirror archives,
> the last capital murder charge that went to trial
> was against William Clatterbuck in 1943.
>
> Clatterbuck was convicted of killing the
> well-liked Love family, of Purcellville. He was
> executed in 1944.

Posted by: Sp ()
Date: January 17, 2015 05:02PM

Pat was no saint, I knew him a long time
however he was a loyal friend who didnt deserve this.whoever did the shooting needs to be executed by the great state of VA

Posted by: relative ()
Date: June 09, 2016 03:18PM

tereasa roy is a fat pig and her father is a homo murderer. she is a big mouth that cant back it up ,and he is goin to get it up the butt for many a moon.

Posted by: relative ()
Date: June 09, 2016 03:27PM

Tereasa Roy is a fat ass big mouth pig who cant back up her mouth, and as far as her daddy he is a murdering homo who got what he deserved and who will be getting it up the poop shoot for many a moon!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.