HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Loudoun :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Freedom Overcrowding Solution
Posted by: suddenrelic ()
Date: February 21, 2011 06:47PM

Freedom High School is going to have the largest student population of any school in the county in 2011-2012 school year. To deal with this overcrowding at Freedom the 9th graders next year will be split in half. Half of them will be at the nearby middle school on an A day and the other half will be at Freedom. Then they switch on B days. I personally think this is a great way to deal with the population issue, but I think this issue could have been prevented long before. LCPS simply did not build large enough schools to accommodate the large growth in the South Riding area. I think this is just a failure on LCPS's part to look at future planning and development. I also think it saves a lot more money to build one large school instead of 2 small schools. Any opinions on this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Freedom Overcrowding Solution
Posted by: Jack Dale ()
Date: February 22, 2011 12:04PM

What a logistical cluster f . Are kids going to have lockers at both schools ?

Re: Freedom Overcrowding Solution
Posted by: Guest ()
Date: February 22, 2011 09:04PM

So? 15 years ago a portion of BRHS would go to the old Ashburn Elementary school for half their classes of the day.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.