HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Loudoun :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Loudoun Hounds baseball
Posted by: BigK ()
Date: February 07, 2011 02:30PM

We will have a new minor league baseball team in town starting play in Spring 2012. The new Loudoun Hounds will play at a new park at 28 and 7, across from the Dulles mall. A Hound Fanfest will be hald on Feb 13 from 12 to 6. Go to www.loudounhounds.com for more info. Finally good baseball in Loudoun.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Loudoun Hounds baseball
Posted by: Making_stuff ()
Date: February 07, 2011 05:04PM

Neat!

Looking around on the site - cute mascot by the way, I love beagles - I can't find an exact address for "The Dog Yard." Is this the construction that's going on just off of eastbound rt. 7, just beyond the 28 offramp?

Date: February 07, 2011 06:03PM

Yep, at 28 and 7. They will be officially breaking ground on the park in a few weeks. It will be a total complex when done, including a full hockey rink and shopping. I am really happy to have a real ball team. I am helping at the fanfest on the 13th. They plan on around a dozen ex-players signing autographs including Cecil Fielder and Tommy John.

Posted by: Bob in Southeast Loudoun ()
Date: February 16, 2011 04:14PM

I attended the FanFest and got autographs from Boog Powell, Tommy John, Frank Howard, Ellie Rodriguez, and Ryan Minor. We're looking forward to Opening Day in 2012. We went to a game in Lancaster last summer and it was a quality operation. This is a very good league.

Posted by: BKBroiler ()
Date: March 04, 2011 11:42PM

Can't wait! I'm always disappointed traffic isn't heavier on 28 and 7...

Date: March 05, 2011 10:07AM

BKBroiler Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can't wait! I'm always disappointed traffic isn't
> heavier on 28 and 7...

I don't want to even hear any bitching about the traffic. Games will be at the end of rush hour and weekends. And I really don't care about the traffic. It will be worth it.

Posted by: EX PG CNTY ()
Date: March 05, 2011 06:41PM

Amen! I get tired of the hour + drive from Verizon Center, Nationals Park, etc. Although, the Frederick Keys do have a nice stadium and its not too far.

I wonder if there will be a Dog Pound section where we can all do our Arsenio Hall fist pumps?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.