HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Loudoun :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Catch 52, South Riding
Posted by: Bob in Southeast Loudoun ()
Date: January 17, 2011 10:35AM

Tried this new place Friday night. Basically, it sucked. Service was really awkward, food was ok to poor. They need to pick up their game a ton or their space will officially become a location of death.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Catch 52, South Riding
Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: January 23, 2011 12:18AM

Vintage 51 seems like it could be really good, but they need to update their menu. Also they put too much salt in their food. I wondered why they would open the seafood place if Vintage 51 didn't have that much traffic.

Posted by: Bob in Southeast Loudoun ()
Date: January 26, 2011 11:14AM

We've gone to Vintage 51 a few times; we always end up with some dishes that are very good and others that are mediocre.

They must be doing very well to open a second place right across the street. I don't know why they just couldn't have added some seafood dishes to the Vintage 51 menu. If Catch 52 fails badly it could bring both places down.

Posted by: Bloomy ()
Date: January 28, 2011 08:57PM

I've tried Vintage 51 a couple of times and have now given up on that place. There are too many really good restaurants close by to keep trying a place that desperately needs a new menu and a new chef.

Posted by: Concerned_Parent ()
Date: April 24, 2011 09:35AM

You can hide so-so food with great service. You can hide poor service with great food. This place is missing on both ends. Service worse than the food. South Riding really needs new places. I hope the owners see these reviews and work on it. Server was gone for 20-25 at a time. Had to go to bar for our own drinks even though asked our waiter several times for a beer and wine. "Oh, I'm sorry" he said but then another 10 minutes would pass and still no drinks. Food was cold. On a good note, Lobster Lasana was tasty. I will be a while till I try again. Oh, bill was messed up. I overheard the table next to me having same service and bill issues. Come on people. Be pros. Take a little pride. Didn't expect this as I love Vintage 50.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.