HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Loudoun :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Serious question about Leesburg area
Posted by: Leesburg Quality of Life? ()
Date: September 09, 2016 08:30PM

I'm considering moving from Manassas, aka 'Little Mexico' - to Leesburg. From what I've heard, Leesburg is a good area when it comes to the quality of the residents. I've been told that the low income, uneducated, illegals from our great friends in Mexico and central/south America, have not yet infested the town of Leesburg and it's outlying neighborhoods, stores, and businesses. In Manassas, you see less 7-11 Mexicans, but that's because they've moved to areas around the local home depots, a few restaurants, and a couple of other hangouts. Gang violence and crime is rising - even in the schools - and classrooms in schools are overrun with non-English speaking illegals (or anchor babies), causing the teacher/student ratio to be 30+:1 in many classrooms. There are quite a few other concerns with Manassas right now....the sprawl as a result of the influx of illegals, and legal uneducated/unskilled laborers, quality of life re: loud Hispanic parties, cars/music, people walking through yards, tossing garbage wherever - essentially living a lifestyle you'd live in a 3rd world shithole, and expecting to live the same way in America. You know, because you wanted so badly to get out of the shitty country you lived it, so let's come to a better country, act the same way - because, you know, it's my 'culture' and I'm proud to be from 'Insert shitty country here' - and do your best to turn the area you moved to into the same shitty place to live you wanted to escape. Gangs, violence, sexual assaults against children as well as adults (again, because 'culture'! - http://dailycaller.com/2015/08/05/donald-trump-still-right-about-mexican-rapists/) petty crime, highly detrimental effect to our educational system, health system, roads, and overall quality of life. That about sums it up.

I'm trying to escape this. With our government being a bunch of raging pussies about actually securing our borders - and only approving immigration for those people that ACTUALLY add value to our American way of life - we instead have a bunch of assclowns that care more about avoiding being called names. Even if Trump gets elected - which we need - I doubt he'll be able to do as much about it as he thinks with Congress being the pussies they are. So, I know that in any area it is likely only a matter of time before it goes to shit as well. But I need to live somewhere, so I want to find a place that is still pretty much intact, and where I can ride out the American way of life for as long as it is still possible.

Leesburg is being sold as a place that doesn't have the same problems that Manassas and PWC has, although I know that some parts of Loudoun have pretty much gone to shit as well. Fairfax county pretty much en masse were forcibly bent over and ass-raped by liberal leadership, so Fairfax county is out. Fauquier may be an options, but I'd prefer to avoid the extra commuting time.

Anyone have an opinion regarding Leesburg?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Serious question about Leesburg area
Posted by: Keep Leesburg Great ()
Date: September 15, 2016 11:22AM

Yes Leesburg is a good area when it comes to the quality of the residents with a friendly family feel. If you are a hard working legal American that can afford 500k plus in a mortgage then by all means join the community! The closer you get to Landsdowne, the cost goes up but so does quality of life. There are pockets in the Town of Leesburg that may seem unsavory (look at some crime blogs) but overall it is a nice area to live. We do have a diverse populace but they all seem hard working and devoted to family, community, and job. Just know that no matter where you go...you'll never get 100%. You can get close if you want it but it just takes work from everyone. Good luck if you do decide to move.

Re: Serious question about Leesburg area
Posted by: Blokeenao ()
Date: October 25, 2016 11:08AM

I lived there for a couple of years and loved it. There is only one drawback and that is you have to pay an extra set of town tax on top of the usual county and state. It seemed every couple of months I was getting a state, county or city tax bill in additiion to US taxes. So I moved to the county--much more manageable in you are on a budget.

If you have dogs, you might want to check out the area along the Potomac River called Ball's Bluff. It is right next to a park and everyone loves to hike there and run their dogs on the trails.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.