HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Loudoun :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
HELP: Decal Citation/Failure To Disp Loudon
Posted by: PWC Resident ()
Date: June 22, 2016 09:19AM

Was parked overnight at a friend's house in South Riding...

Got a warning citation slapped on my car stating:

DECAL CITATION
County of Loudon
FAILURE TO DISP LOUDON

The thing is, I'm a Prince William County resident and have never had to display a county sticker to my knowledge. Is this some bullshit I should dispute, or are all counties now requiring stickers?

Who should I contact to deal with this? Loudon County? Loudon Police?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: HELP: Decal Citation/Failure To Disp Loudon
Posted by: boredom ()
Date: June 22, 2016 01:36PM

You don't have to do anything. You're not a resident of Loudoun County and your vehicle is registered in a county that does not require town or county stickers.

However, here is the page detailing what you would do if they actually wrote you a ticket: https://www.loudoun.gov/index.aspx?NID=1929

If you are going to be there often or for more than a day or two, you should call the # (and email them) using the information in the "Visitors" section of the above link. That should prevent any actual tickets from being issued. If you do get one anyway they can resolve it.

Date: June 22, 2016 07:36PM

^^^ Thank you for your service ^^^

Date: June 22, 2016 07:40PM

The annoying thing is, since I have no county sticker on my car, there's no obvious visual way for the officer to identify me as PWC. I suppose he could easily just scan my plates and find out, but why would he bother to do anything that requires effort :-P

Posted by: DJ ()
Date: June 23, 2016 06:30PM

Are you sure this even came from LCSO?? I cant believe they wouldn't have run the plate to verify registration location.. Could be some asshole impersonating and just random slapping shit on peoples cars trying to be some sticker vigilante. If somebody at LCSO did really do this Id call them up and ask them what the maximum IQ is that LCSO allows because any idiot with a badge who doesn't bother to verify the car isn't registered in the county is a MORON

Posted by: Officer Barbrady ()
Date: June 25, 2016 01:19PM

Sounds fake.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.