HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Loudoun :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Stone Ridge
Posted by: Excited! ()
Date: June 15, 2009 03:05PM

We just bought a new construction townhome in Stone Ridge. I am wondering if you live there how you like it, neighborhood, schools, people, etc... We have been there several times and love it. Also, what do you think the commute will be to Tysons?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stone Ridge
Posted by: funnyguyva ()
Date: June 15, 2009 03:33PM

Glad to have you! Stone Bridge is a great community. They pay lots of taxes. More importantly the more people who move to Loudon County the more money the school system has to pay Dr. Hatrick! I would say over all we loved it; I lost my job and had to move to Sterling Park because my house was foreclosed on. See I can't pay the new property taxes so I guess I will move to Fairfax next. Better schools and less tax. Anyway we wish you the best of luck, and hope you make lots of money.

Date: June 15, 2009 04:17PM

Thanks for pissing all over our excitedness.....

Are the taxes that bad, seriously?

Date: June 23, 2009 01:41PM

I wouldn't pay any attention to funnyguyva ... he didn't even spell 'Loudoun' correctly so I have to wonder if he even lives in Stone Bridge. In answer to your question about a commute to Tysons: you can count on it taking at least an hour each way depending on what time you're on the road. I can't speak to your question on schools or the neighborhood because I am a very content Sterling Park resident and have been for the last 19 years.

Date: June 23, 2009 03:54PM

Native Northern Virginia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wouldn't pay any attention to funnyguyva ... he
> didn't even spell 'Loudoun' correctly so I have to
> wonder if he even lives in Stone Bridge. In
> answer to your question about a commute to Tysons:
> you can count on it taking at least an hour each
> way depending on what time you're on the road. I
> can't speak to your question on schools or the
> neighborhood because I am a very content Sterling
> Park resident and have been for the last 19 years.

Thank you, I just noticed that and it is Stone Ridge, not Bridge as he stated! We can't wait!

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: June 30, 2009 09:10PM

They don't call it Stoned Bridge for nothing, big weed problem there.

Posted by: terrorist towers ()
Date: April 10, 2010 03:56PM

AND TERRORISTS!!! Damn Indians/Middle Easterners are taking over, being rude and speaking horrible English.

Posted by: aldie ()
Date: April 29, 2010 06:39PM

yeah true

Indians and Pakis are moving over to Loundon County cause they're cheap asses!
don't do any business with them they'll rip u off...

U Won't see latinos in Mcdonalds in Ashburn working just Indians with their curry smell...they'll eat with their fingers as well...gross!

someday Stone Ridge will build a MOSQUE like Koreans building MEGACHURCH in Centreville

Posted by: Bubba Klinton ()
Date: July 26, 2010 01:28AM

Ignore the brainless, ignorant racists on the forum. They are a very vocal, very slim minority.

Loudoun County has much lower tax RATES than Fairfax County, plus similar properties sell for less, so the actual Real Estate taxes you pay are MUCH LESS.

Virginia doesn't have a separate Schools Tax, like Pennsylvania and some other states, so you don't have to worry about that.

Virginia had a MASSIVE Sales Tax increase a few years ago, from 4.5% to 5%. Those proposing the tax increase were either math challenged or liers as they said it was "only a half a percent increase." When you go from 4.5 to 5.0 it is nearly a 12% increase, oh well.

The county schools are some of the best in the nation. They very well should be as we spend more per student than any other government school system, over $14,000 per student per year.

As for the commute, it depends totally on when you go. My wife works in God Forsaken Sliver Spring, MD. If she leaves at 7 or a few minutes earlier, it takes about 40 minutes. If she leaves ay 7:15, it takes 76 to 90 minutes, making her late for work. Same fro driving home. If she leaves directly at closing time, 5:30, it takes at least 90 minutes. If she leaves at 6:30 - 7, it takes an hour or less. She works out at a gym near work three nights a week, and she saves time in her commute.

Posted by: Slick Rick ()
Date: July 26, 2010 11:30AM

Bubba Klinton Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Loudoun County has much lower tax RATES than
> Fairfax County, plus similar properties sell for
> less, so the actual Real Estate taxes you pay are
> MUCH LESS.

WRONG! Loudoun County's tax rate is higher than Fairfax County's. (And don't try to say it's only $0.195 difference, it's 17.9% higher.) See the following 2010 real estate tax rates, per the Northern Virginia Association of Realtors:

City Of Alexandria $0.978
Arlington County $0.945 + $0.013 sanitary district fee
Town of Clifton $1.09 + $0.015 stormwater fee
City of Fairfax $0.96
Fairfax County $1.09 + $0.015 stormwater fee
City of Falls Church $1.24
Town of Herndon $1.3725
Loudoun County $1.30
City of Manassas $1.472
Manassas Park $1.65
Prince William County $1.236
Town of Vienna $1.3498

Posted by: Laid back ()
Date: April 22, 2011 06:24PM

Traffic is bad everywhere here in this area. Between 7am and 9am, and then again between 4pm and 7pm. Its because both Fairfax and Loudoun Counties approved too much development without upgrading the roads. As a result, traffic gets bottlenecked during those times. So welcome to Northern VA!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.