HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Loudoun :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
COMMUNITY lANDSCAPE sERVICE
Posted by: 34- P-0AF ()
Date: October 14, 2015 06:19PM

Has anyone ever had a positive experience with Community Landscape Service of Sterling VA area?

One Loudoun has a landscape services contract with them. They seem to like to work on the small strips of lawn in front of the houses with noisy equipment all day long. Today they came with a huge mower and "cut" grass that, due to the low amount of rainfall in late summer, was not even high enough to cut. But the huge and noisy mower just kept going around in circles in front of the same houses across the street all day long. When I lived in a townhouse elsewhere, our lawn was larger than these little strips, and I could cut it all in less than 1/2 hour, with a tiny 18" mower!

In One Loudoun, each time the mower returns during the same day to "remow" and "reblow" the same spaces, he is followed by a leafblower team that continues the loud noise all day, blowing imaginary grass clippings, then they disappear and the mower returns for another "dry run"! Why can't they just come in in the morning, cut and blow for 1-2 hours then leave and take care of another contract somewhere else? Or are they goldbricking to bill OneLoudoun for 12 hours a day work that really only requires 2 hours to complete?

The whole area sounds like the take off ramp at Dulles airport all day long due to being under the approach ramps for the Dulles Airport, and now in addition when they are here, sometimes several days a week, I am sure the noise levels are in violation of the OSHA standards. Can't they find something useful to do like water the trees that they plant everywhere then ignore?

What a ripoff!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: COMMUNITY lANDSCAPE sERVICE
Posted by: Andrew s ()
Date: July 01, 2016 06:24PM

I work for a commercial landscaping company that only cuts HOAs. I know from experience we have to have the guys on the blower re do what they did because they missed spots or there is grass stuck in between the edging. They could also be doing it in phases (blow the curb first, then the sidewalk, then the grass/garden beds). As to why the mower makes several passes: if there is a lot of debris on the ground, a good landscaper will put a bagger on the mower and shred it up with the mower. My advice as someone who works in this industry: watch them closely next time they come. If they are making several passes for the reasons I stated above, sit back, put on some headphones on and let them do their work. Landscaping is a hard and strenuous job. The last thing on our mind is how much noise we are making. If they are just running in circles then look for their foreman (not the laborers!) and address your concerns. We can't help the noise level. Unfortunately, you just have to deal with it for a couple hours out of the week. However, if they are just wasting time, that is a more valid complaint. Hope that helps.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.