HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Loudoun :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Loud wedding parties off Piggott Bottom Rd.
Posted by: Peace and Quiet? ()
Date: July 01, 2014 08:49PM

I moved to the countryside for the peace and quiet in the sleepy town of Hamilton.
However, on many a weekend all I hear is the music and partying of wedding guests up near Mandeleigh and Piggott Bottom Rd.
How could the Loudoun County Zoning officials have allowed such a thing in a quiet bedroom community?
I checked on the establishment there, they operate a bed and breakfast business NOT a wedding facility. There is a huge party tent erected there and has well over 50 chairs for their "wedding guests. They do not have permission to be running a wedding venue there.
The weekend of 06/14/14 they had tour buses delivering party goers to a wedding there and the buses got jammed up on the narrow gravel road. The Sheriffs office responded as well, What a mess!
Why does Loudoun County allow this?

Zoning officials, For the sake of local residents..."SHUT THEM DOWN!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Loud wedding parties off Piggott Bottom Rd.
Posted by: stfu cunt ()
Date: July 02, 2014 01:45AM

Peace and Quiet? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I moved to the countryside for the peace and quiet
> in the sleepy town of Hamilton.
> However, on many a weekend all I hear is the music
> and partying of wedding guests up near Mandeleigh
> and Piggott Bottom Rd.
> How could the Loudoun County Zoning officials have
> allowed such a thing in a quiet bedroom community?
>
> I checked on the establishment there, they operate
> a bed and breakfast business NOT a wedding
> facility. There is a huge party tent erected there
> and has well over 50 chairs for their "wedding
> guests. They do not have permission to be running
> a wedding venue there.
> The weekend of 06/14/14 they had tour buses
> delivering party goers to a wedding there and the
> buses got jammed up on the narrow gravel road. The
> Sheriffs office responded as well, What a mess!
> Why does Loudoun County allow this?
>
> Zoning officials, For the sake of local
> residents..."SHUT THEM DOWN!

They own the land and it has NOTHING to do with you at all. You have no say in what ever the fuck they want to do there - they could have pony rides for tuba players 7 days a week.

They do not need "permission" to do anything. Your "quiet bedroom community" is in your imagination. You paid for your home and property, they could put in a Six-Flags next door to you and there would be nothing you could do, but move.

Posted by: Jealousy Sucks ()
Date: July 04, 2014 09:58AM

I agree. Quit yer bitchin'.

Posted by: Observant ()
Date: July 22, 2014 07:37AM

Actually, even though I believe in limited government, the previous two post are ridiculous comments. The morons who spew their opinions on this site are examples of our increasingly sophomoric and ignorant society. Of course a business placed in a residential setting is improper and if allowed through some exemption of the county code, must be restricted and regulated by the county so as not to interfere with the property rights of others nearby.
Now, go ahead morons, spew away!

Posted by: Observing the Observant ()
Date: July 22, 2014 01:57PM

You speak of morons spewing opinions using collegiate terminology and well articulated sentences, but no matter how well formed your prose the fact of the matter is that the bed and breakfast may operate how they see fit as long as they adhere to county ordinance 654.02. The same permits and regulations apply to a Wedding Venue as they do a Bed and Breakfast. That you even suggest the county or government "regulate and restrict" anyone anymore than they already do is abhorrent and seems to go against your original assertion of belief in limited government. So now I feel we must not only be vigilant against the moronic discharge of an ignorant society, but also must see to the just as ignorant, potential kleptocrat's giving way to centralized control. The stupidity of a statement comes not only from how the thought is constructed, but from the message delivered. So I say that even though 'stfu cunt' and 'Jealousy Sucks' messages were a bit thuggish, it is your message 'Observant' that I disagree with..

Date: July 23, 2014 10:27AM

Then we would agree to disagree and that's fine...

But I would bet you are not one of the affected neighbors of the wedding venue and your opinion should count less because you have a lesser degree of impact with the tour buses not rolling passed your house or the drunk wedding patrons peeing in your bushes!

Posted by: Observant Looooooozer ()
Date: July 27, 2014 12:15AM

Observant Wrote:
> Actually, even though I believe in limited
> government, the previous two post are ridiculous
> comments. The morons who spew their opinions on
> this site are examples of our increasingly
> sophomoric and ignorant society. Of course a
> business placed in a residential setting is
> improper and if allowed through some exemption of
> the county code, must be restricted and regulated
> by the county so as not to interfere with the
> property rights of others nearby.
> Now, go ahead morons, spew away!

Spew, spew spew. Spew spew spew spew. SPEW! Waaaahhhhh. Spew.

Date: July 29, 2014 07:31AM

Observant Looooooozer probably lives in a townhouse in Sterling with run down houses on either side of his, being occupied by multiple illegal immigrant families. Perhaps he should have tried to do something about that issue before it became a problem. Waaaahhhh!

Posted by: J4E4V ()
Date: August 02, 2014 12:07AM

Observant Wrote:
> Observant Looooooozer

> Perhaps he should have
> tried to do something about that issue before it
> became a problem. Waaaahhhh!

As the cunt should of about her problem. See how that works?

OP is a whining bitch who did nothing and will continue to do nothing.

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: August 08, 2014 12:00PM

OP moved there from NY/NJ and probably complains about hearing hunters shooting, too.

Posted by: Pig Got Bottom ()
Date: October 19, 2014 09:09PM

I heard that Loudoun Co. is looking to rescind their license!
I drove past that place last week, why would someone want to have their wedding guests drive through mud to get to the wedding?

Posted by: Sixpalms ()
Date: October 31, 2014 03:52AM

You must have Afghan Paki or Indian neighbors.

Long wedding parties. They food the neighborhood with taxicabs. Honk horns all night and disrupt everyone. Call the police as there usually is a noise ordinance.

Posted by: More Important than noise ()
Date: December 27, 2015 03:21PM

My sister and her family used to live on Piggot Bottom... Now I know who was bitching about our occasional get togethers... You want to complain about the noise in your quiet fucking bedroom community when the real problem lays with the kids, who seem to be getting started younger and younger these days shooting up H in their quiet little bedrooms... One there's a winery right there and it's bound to get loud, plus us crazy equestrians just love to party (next door to the winery)... But by all means keep making your noise complaints while the youth walks alround with track marks and hepatitis... Lol - you're a retard OP-you make me laugh.

I certainly hope that winery has a busy wedding season in 2016 just for you!

Posted by: Fudgie ()
Date: December 28, 2015 10:00PM

It's fucking Hamilton. Who gives a shit?

Earlier poster hit it right on the head, NJ/NY/PA transplant who tell you all day long how great their state is, yet they live here and are slowly turning VA into those shithole states.

Posted by: Productiveimagination ()
Date: February 05, 2016 12:42PM

Fight back! Up in NJ, the farmers have these really loud cannons that can be timed to go off at various intervals 24 hours a day. They use them in the vegetable and fruit fields to chase birds and deer away. If you are near enough to the offending property for one of these cannons to be a nuisance, set up a line of these cannons so that their "guests" will have to listen to them going off all night and/or day, or turn them on whenever the offending noise needs abating. Then leave for the weekend, go camping, etc for a few days. Soon these B&B'ers will either have to move to a new location (nothing like an expensive wedding venue in horse country in a "bombing target range" environment to spoil their expensive sleep and fun!"

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.