HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Loudoun :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Sugarland Run shooting?
Posted by: imScurred ()
Date: April 01, 2014 08:08PM

At around 7:30 tonight, in front of Sugarland Elementary school there were police cars and a medical helicopter, as well as hundreds of people crowding around. I asked someone what happened, and someone told me that there was a road rage related shooting-- long story short: someone got shot 3 times and was killed. Does anyone know more about this? Please share.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sugarland Run shooting?
Posted by: Guest. ()
Date: April 01, 2014 08:56PM

They don't fly dead people to the hospital. The person was shot in the face. It sounds like a case of an argument between boyfriend and girlfriend and BF shoots himself to make a point.

Posted by: loco ()
Date: April 29, 2014 05:43PM

Just be glad you didnt live in the SL back in the 90's. Moved there in 92 went to SL elementary and wow, talk about history, plenty of not only drive by's but also of violence of All kinds. Some of it is pretty funny like one guy who was at a party across the street from the 7-11 walked to the 7-11 and got shot in the ass because of he said/did at the party. Pretty funny, but not funny like walking by the apartments after getting out school 2.5 hours late due to someone being fatally shot in the apartments, i knew the guys younger brother and when we walked by the front door to the apartment complex, blood stains were still everywhere! The 90's were a turbulent time for Sugarland and everyone that lived there, but most of us got out alive, Most.

Posted by: Steve broy ()
Date: May 24, 2014 11:25AM

I still live in Sugarland. It isn't so bad. I did start stacking my roids, though. I look like the guy from Powder mixed with the incredible hulk, but not in a good way. Most of my bulk went to my neck as that's typically what happens when you stack your roids.

Posted by: Sugarland is great! ()
Date: May 28, 2014 06:23PM

Sugarland is a great neighborhood. I wish people would stop trying to make it sound so ghetto. The kids get to go to Dominion High school, enuf said! DHS students are easily the luckiest kids in Loudoun. Dr. Brewer has really made Dominion a top-notch school these past few years, it is currently ranked 15 in the state. Too bad about that hell hole Seneca Ridge Middle School tho =(

Posted by: Mcderfart ()
Date: May 28, 2014 09:30PM

Is Mcdermot still at Seneca? That guy is a such a repressed homosexual.

Posted by: TheHumanCondition ()
Date: May 29, 2014 11:11AM

I can tell you from my experience, DHS is a great school, WOW, its actually really amazing. Yes, of course there are the money schools in Loudoun where all of the students will do well because they are all filthy rich. But Dominion takes from 2 Title I schools (Sugarland and Meadowland Elementary, although I'm not sure if Meadowland is still on Title I as I hear they have improved a lot in recent years) and yet they have still been able to make enormous strides forward. They have actually made a name for themselves through hard work. Dominion's SAT scores are now the second highest in Loudoun behind Freedom High school.

The real secret is Dr. Brewer; he knows everyone's name and makes a personal connection with students. He also does not tolerate shitty teachers. His efforts go a long way.

Seneca Ridge tho... not sure what the hell is going on there now. I see on the SRMS website that McDermott is still there. When I was there the teachers didn't care about the students, they really didn't give two shits about anything; you could fail a class and no one would care. Bullying was a problem that went unaddressed. And the principal would stay in his office out of sight. The librarians were so nasty to the students. It was overall just a very negative experience for me personally. The principal and the teachers were very good at being superficial with the parents. I still cannot believe that this school exists in Loudoun County.

Posted by: Agree ()
Date: May 29, 2014 02:34PM

Mcderfart Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is Mcdermot still at Seneca? That guy is a such a
> repressed homosexual.

Agree, I am 31 and when I went there he was there. Damn, he is still there!

What a crappy educator he was.

Posted by: McDerfaggot ()
Date: June 09, 2014 05:04PM

When I was at Seneca there was an OBNOXIOUS, ODIOUS woman that worked in the main office. Couldn't stand that woman.

I do remember a Principal at Seneca; she was an African-American woman. I remember I got into a bit of a spat with an African-American student, and I got three days out of school suspension, the other kid got ONE DAY of after school. From what I hear now he's in jail while I work in a lucrative field. Oh well.

Posted by: TheHumanCondition ()
Date: June 09, 2014 11:28PM

oh Wow, I know what you mean about the people in the front office. They were horrible. Let me be clear, I was a good student, but they were so nasty and disrespectful to me whenever I would need to interact with them, they really knew how to put on a show for the parents tho. That honestly says so much about this school... so sad.

Yes I think I remember the African American dean that you are referring to, she was definitely tough. Ugh, so many mean people at that school.

You guys this was a seriously dysfunctional school. I'm still amazed that all of this goes unchecked. Probably the doing of good old Dr. Hatrick. I bet Mr. McDermott was one of Dr. Hatrick's good ol boys. I honestly do not think he is experienced or qualified to run a school. I'm so glad Dr. Hatrick is leaving LCPS; it is really for the best. He obviously does not know what goes on in the schools.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.