HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Loudoun :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
The Devon Apartments in South Riding
Posted by: South Riding Homeowner ()
Date: November 17, 2013 12:37PM

What on earth has happened to The Devon Apartments in South Riding? Tenants getting arrested out in broad daylight, people blasting Spanish music outside, kids hanging out skateboarding in the parking lots and hanging out in stairwells, people working on cars in the parking lots, etc.? I drive thru there all the time and have noticed the change over the last few months. Is it becoming South Riding Hood?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Devon Apartments in South Riding
Posted by: BEH ()
Date: November 17, 2013 05:28PM

Thats the third world, arriving at your doorstep.

The people who don't have to live in places like that call it 'Diversity'

Posted by: Hoodrat ()
Date: November 18, 2013 11:56PM

South Riding Homeowner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> people blasting Spanish music
> outside, kids hanging out skateboarding in the
> parking lots and hanging out in stairwells, people
> working on cars in the parking lots, etc.? I drive
> thru there all the time and have noticed the
> change over the last few months. Is it becoming
> South Riding Hood?

Working on their cars in the parking lot is the HOOD? LOL Try again when gangs stripping cars in the parking lot and then fire a couple of shots in a victory celebration. South Riding has a long long long long long way to go before it is even close to hood.

Posted by: South Riding Homeowner ()
Date: December 01, 2013 05:26AM

SR is apts is in the infant stages of hoodom then. Now, there's old furniture sitting outside in the parking lot. Goodness what next. Perhaps a call to the SR proprietary is in order.

Posted by: Merry-go-round ()
Date: December 06, 2013 08:18PM

I've lived in NOrthern Virginia since 1990. I will never buy anything in this area that is permanent, for every neighborhood that I have rented in has gone from livable, quiet and safe to the same thing or worse that you are talking about within a year or two. At the The first apartment complex I rented at in Fairfax, the place underwent a full-blown raid--black unmarked helicopters with red and green laser light probes circling around one of the buildings across the square, , hordes of black unmarked and marked police vehicles, dogs, etc one night at 1 AM in the morning. what a ruckus!! I thought there might be targets painted on the roofs or something--yet the next day, when asked, the property managers "knew nothing about the incident or why it happened." The next place I rented was affordable. I didn't know that "affordable" means "third world" on the NoVa area. They don't like folks moving in who are different from them, so you get the "broken beer bottles" and "poop on your patio" treatment, and when they get through sabotaging your car every week, get the message and have to move on! Herndon turned into a barrio within 6 months of a house in the neighborhood being bought by an extended family comprised of the Mexican Mafia, who proceeded to turn their access driveway into an open air drug market 24 hours a day. Nothing you can buy around here that is reasonable will be worth much in just a few years when the illegals move their hordes friends and family in from Salvador and trash the neighborhood, so if you are going to stay here a long time, try to buy in a neighborhood that is high-end enough to be able to last as long as you plan to stay in the area. Otherwise rent whole here and keep moving every couple of years as the blight spreads.

Posted by: Liberalism ()
Date: December 07, 2013 11:03PM

What you are seeing is the direct result of liberalism. There is a new program in place that subsidizes homes in upper middle class neighborhoods for people currently living in inner cities. It's Hussein Obama's and all the liberals dream for America. Eliminate the middle class and create another 3rd world country where the poor support the liberal elite.

Posted by: jj34343 ()
Date: January 04, 2014 11:29PM

the Food Lion here is the "Ghetto Cat"

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.