HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Loudoun :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Anyone ever been to Beamont (JCC) down in Richmond?
Posted by: Worried Parent ()
Date: November 11, 2013 12:11AM

My 16-year old son has 4 felonies he was just found guilty of; Distribution of Marijuana (they found a little over 4 ounces) Possession of a Schedule 1 Narcotic - MDMA, Assault and battery on a Police officer and Larceny.
He's currently in the JDC has been there for now 68 days and at Court Last Thursday he was told that he will be serving 10-14 months at Beamount JCC.
I heard very bad things about this place such as alot of gang activity, violent crimes and even rape.
I'm so scared for him and I know he's scared too, he is transitioning there on the 21st of November so in 10 days.
When and if he gets out in 10 months he will be on Parole until his 21st birthday.
Please someone help me out

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone ever been to Beamont (JCC) down in Richmond?
Posted by: Should Be Worried ()
Date: November 11, 2013 02:05PM

So he is dealing in ween and meth - bad, but probably not Beamont worthy.

Except... your son has to then go and assault the police officer!

Still, unless your son had a lot of previous court involvement, I am surprised that he is being sent downstate.

He will have problems down there - especially since my guess is that he is white. That may not be all, as it is very territorial down there, and Northern Virginia sends very few kids down there. He and his Northern VA bretheren will be outnumbered by a 10:1 margin of kids from the 757 and Richmond area.

Did you appeal? Probably too late, but it might be worth a shot.

Good luck, and I hope he is able to manage himself down there.

Date: November 12, 2013 12:47AM

He's not the best child but he's still my son and has soo much potential. He's been on and off probation since he was 13. He got back on for possession of marijuana which was a few crums and I tried to appeal that but since he is well known already it didn't do much and he was doing great up until a few months back, started hanging with the wrong kids again and started selling pot. Ended up getting pulled over for going 75 in a 45 zone and I guess that's enough evidence they need for Loudoun County to search his vehicle, he refused to let them search and the arresting officer put his hand on my son and so my son attacked him out of fear since he had so much drugs in the car and the officer ended up pepper spraying him and then they searched the vehicle and found 4 ounces of pot, 1.2 grams of MDMA crystals, and a stolen iPhone 5. They arrested him that day and stripped him of ALL his differed findings and put him in the JDC where he's been for almost 3 months now.
Due to his previous record (alot of possession charges and a few assaults) they say that these 4 felonies he was found guilty of made him a inhabitual offender and the now he is in custody of the state until his time served in Richmond is over with.
I am so scared for him. And yes my son is cacausion which brings even more fear in my heart. I appealed but there not going to do much about it. These 4 felonies, plus 2 he previously had since 14 and 2 misdemeanours qualify him I guess.

I know's there kids down there from Southeast DC, Richmond, Norfolk, Petersburg and all sorts of others places and I'm just scared he's going to end up getting realy badily hurt because those kids have nothing to lose.

Please, give me a clue of what it's like down there and what goes on, to the poster above did you have a family member that was sent down state?
What are the kids like and what happenes down there?

Posted by: Slim q ()
Date: November 12, 2013 01:10AM

Ladie your not going to want to here what I'm going to say but it needs to be said....
Your son is going to have a VERY hard time down there. Guarnteed. The kids down there are sex offenders, and real heavy duty criminals. Are you sure he's going to Beamount? Not Bon Air?
I live in Fairfax county and had to serve 15 months down there but got out in 12 for good behaivor... Still a year that was brutal.
You have to be involved insome serious activities to even be considered to go down there and yes ma'am they do rape kids down there esp. when lights go out since guards don't go into cells at night since the facility houses up to 300 kids. 12 kids in one cell, and there's alot of sex offenders down there.

I'm surprised he's going down there too. My charges were way worst then his - I had Distribution of an Controlled Narcotic Cocaine, Possession of an Illegal firearm, Felony Battery, Armed Robbery, Mobbing and Tresspassing. I still didn't go right away they only sent me once I got out of Post D (6 months in JDC then 6 months out) and caught the Tresspassing charge then they shipped me away..
Being white has nothing to do with it. There's tons of white kids down there believe it or not, some of them go hard and some well... They scream at night.

Your son just CANNOT let anyone disrespect him. Down there them kids will fuck you up. My first day 7 kids jumped me, but I tried to fight them all off. Took an ass beating and was in the infarmy for a day but didn't go down like a punk and that's all that matters.
As long as you keep it real and dont run your mouth it shouldn't be that hard. Although he's going to get into some physical altercations that's just how it works.

The kids ther have huge drug charges such as trafficking or distribution of a controlled substance, but not for POT. If you ask me your son must have pissed off the county because they don't normally send a kid down there even with 4 felonies.

They got gangbangers down there that are doing time for drive by shootings, rape, arson, attempted murder, armed burglary, home invasion, and other serious risk crimes.

Your son will be in my prayers lady, actaully on 06/24/2012 is when I was admitted down there and I was released on 6/25/2013 with parole for 3 years (so until I'm 21).

I would tell you he'll be fine but I'm not going to lie to you.
His best bet is to join a gang. Almost all the kids down there represent something. whether your white black spanish asain indian or whatever
once your in there, you better find a gang.

in fairfax my set was Kelly Park Crips, once I got down there I was no longer a crip but a Gangster Disciple. Just how it works mama.

Good luck to you and feel free to ask any question.

Slim Q

Date: November 20, 2013 06:39PM

Hes being transferred tomorrow at 1:30pm. I wish honestly that there were more people who actually gave support on these forums but I don't know why I expected that. I didn't come here for sympathy or anything along those lines just a beter understanding of what goes on down there. Thank you Slim Q I appreciate everything you said, and I hope he does fine down there,
my son is officailly going to be in a Juvenile Prison tomorrow.

Posted by: William Reynolds ()
Date: November 20, 2013 06:55PM

Let's take a look at his charges why don't we.
Yes, it's surprising that he is being sent down to the residential long-term Juvenile Correctional Center in Beaumont but then again 4 felonies is more then enought -- I think the big key here is the Assualt on the Police officer.
It's enough that he has a record. You said that he has been on and off probation since the age of 13?

You see that's number 1. Right there that shows the he is incapable of being a normal member of society let alone your community.

Number 2 would be the Assault and Battery of a Police officer, the Common Wealth takes that as a spit in the face! Let alone putting a figer on a boy in blue.
This a key one.

Number 3 would have to be the possession of MDMA. I'm surprised he knows where to get his hands on that. Most of the garbage that goes around here is portrayed as MDMA when in reality it could be anywhere from Bathsalts, to Methylone (a analouge of MDMA.) Even though it's a gram that's still a big deal.

Number 4 distribution of marijuana, not that big of a deal but still pretty bad. Show's that he is not contributing anything to the community and is polluting Loudoun County -- again the Common Wealth with marijuana.
Larceny happens more then you think down here so that's not that big of a deal.

I don't think he's going down there for the charges he got now, because honestly you have to be involved in some pretty horrible things much like Slim Q said, Distribution of Cocaine (BAD BAD charge to have) Posssession of a Illegal firearm (Puts you on the recommendation list) and the Armed Robbery seals the deal, then the Felony battery no doubt he did some time down there, but with your son to my understanding, is more of they have tried less sanctions, tried pretty hard to keep him in the community, has been on probation more then 2 times I'm taking it so obviously probation didn't work, and has been to the JDC long term,

what other choices do they have? Like I said, He's incapable of being a active member of the community so he certainly eanred a spot down there. 10 months is bad but i've seen kids down there for 24-30 months. That's bad.

Hopefully he learns from all of this and smartens up or next he won't be in kid prison-- but real prison.
Regards
William Reynolds, Loudoun County Attorney

Posted by: I understand ()
Date: October 22, 2014 04:40AM

I hope you son is ok. Trust me, if I could do it all over again I would prefer to have let my son learn his lesson while he is under 18. I know 10 months is an eternity to spend away from you son and I have felt the pain you are experiencing. But I can help but wonder if I didn't run to my son aid a continually support him by speaking before the judge, having family rally in support and spent 1000's in attoryney fee maybe my son would have already calmed down.

Posted by: I understand ()
Date: October 22, 2014 04:41AM

Excuse spelling, I really should go to bed. Best of luck.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.