HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Loudoun :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Jury Duty Question
Posted by: Hungry ()
Date: April 17, 2013 11:05AM

I have Jury Duty coming up. It says no camera phones are allowed and to keep them in your car.

Anyone have any input on this? Will they allow us to bring our phones in to the waiting area then put them away if we go to the court room?

Sitting there with just a book will suck for that long.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jury Duty Question
Posted by: Been there ()
Date: April 17, 2013 05:16PM

No phones or cameras allowed. Sheriff Bailiff's will announce this many times. Need to old-school it with book or magazine and a snack!

Posted by: Bob the Builder ()
Date: April 19, 2013 02:53PM

If you bring your phone into the courthouse you will be asked to lock it up before you even go through the metal detectors, they have lock boxes that are like mailboxes at the post office. Best bet is to just leave it in your car.

Posted by: Guest. ()
Date: April 19, 2013 08:28PM

You might not be sitting there long, especially if your name is at the end of the alphabet. They'll call in about the first half for voir dire, CA and defense will cross off a few that don't answer questions to their liking and then they'll likely pick the first seven that weren't crossed off.

If there are no other cases then everyone will be free to leave. I was out of there before 9:30.

You might not have to report at all once you check the website the night before. They only required about half the juror groups to report for the date I went.

What date do you have to report? I'll tell you how many possible cases are that day.

Posted by: REDOne ()
Date: April 20, 2013 09:33AM

OMG! No phone? What in the hell are you going to do? This must be unconstitutional..... First government wants to take away guns....now phones!?

Get a grip and keep your phone in your car

Posted by: Sucker ()
Date: July 09, 2013 11:33PM

What about an iPad? It has a camera but is not a phone.

Posted by: CaptainA ()
Date: July 13, 2013 02:47PM

No ipad, laptop or any other electronics.

Posted by: svennestle ()
Date: August 17, 2013 08:04PM

trials are legally open to the public (ie, ever see a Florida trial where people are lining up to get in ?)

a court of record has a legal duty to record a trial in some way. but thoe are higher courts

However some trials involve matters the judge has "sealed". They aren't supposed to do that in general.

Fact is allotta courts are hiding from the public to hide how bad they are screwing people over or how badly the litigants are acting or if the court is awarding their political friends money. And if it were in public maybe they'd be more honest and civil.

so yes you should be able to have a VERY QUIET and NON-LIGHTED non-distractign device.

NO. they aren't going to let you and might arrest you if you try even though they are the ones breaking the law. and anyway they wouldn't know how to check it to make sure it was safe to bring in the courtroom.

why not write the court a love letter asking for a copy of the video ?

does that answer your question ?

Posted by: svennestle ()
Date: August 17, 2013 08:29PM

it's sounds liek a dumb question why do YOU need a phone is it your trial? what you think your playing video games?

at one time in Ancient Greece trials were held outdoors as debates. people would bring their dates it was more popular than theater, all the rage. at times the "jury" (anyoe who attended) would get out of hand and have to be ejected :)

(each litigant would have timed speech and the audience would vote, the judge so to speak was the debate master, roughly speaking)

later one there were judges with laws (juries that decided what was fact) but trials were public and held in the open. people knew the judge and there weren't any laws protecting them (ie, you coudl talk to them if you liked). judges were often popular well liked people in the town.

compare that to todays format and you see how facist they really have become

today's format: trial held in what can be considered a prison, records often closed to public and never published, judge is a person no one is allowed to contact who hides themselves from the community. all closely watched by armed militia (police). no one follows the law. government workers always win big

nice. damn facists.

Posted by: mo money mo bitches ()
Date: August 19, 2013 10:30AM

Fuck jury duty. I leave that task to my fellow mouth-breathing residents. I have money to make! When I get a jury notice in the mail about once a year or so, that shit goes right in the trashcan. Unless they send me someting certified, which they dont, I'll forever ignore those requests.

Posted by: juror number 7 ()
Date: August 21, 2013 10:28PM

When I was on a jury for a murder trial I had my huge calculus book with me for the 3 days.

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: August 22, 2013 08:00AM

Can you imagine what would happen if everybody was allowed to bring all their devices into court?

All the beeping, douches yelling into their phones... it would be madness.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.