HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Loudoun :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Richard Sean Ryals AKA: Tree Works Unlimited
Posted by: Stop the thief ()
Date: February 22, 2013 12:40PM

Buyer beware. Mr. Ryals will pass out flyers in your neighborhood to do work for you. He is a con artist and is on probation for scamming people. Google his name. If you encounter his flyers or have done business with him, please contact his probation officer to report him.

State probation: Ms. Harvey 703-361-9149 Ext: 5107 or Mr. Stallworth, Chief Ext: 5171

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Richard Sean Ryals AKA: Tree Works Unlimited
Posted by: Illegal Dumping ()
Date: February 25, 2013 11:09AM

Is he still dumping all his waste and yard debris at the end of dead end roads? He doesn't want to pay to use the dump so he just illegally dumps shit and tells his employees he will pay the ticket if they get caught.

Posted by: Sick Con ()
Date: March 03, 2013 11:43PM

I am sure he continues to do shady business. He is passing out flyers with a trash Company now. Prince William County has him on probation, and he continues. The more people who call his probation officer, the quicker he goes to prison for some real time. Not a simple 30 days...

Posted by: satisfied customer ()
Date: July 09, 2013 02:54AM

Sean did a 3500$ tree job for me, they came in with 2 trucks and about 8 guys and got the job done for me in one day with the exact results I wanted. apparently Sean may have had a bumpy past but to me it seems like he is trying to do stuff right.

Posted by: Gerald ()
Date: January 27, 2014 03:26AM

Richard from tree work unlimited took down a dead oak tree next to my sunroom and did an outstanding job. The tree was totally dead and had to be brought down in multiple sections. I would highly recommend these guys they know what they are doing

Posted by: ObamaMama ()
Date: January 27, 2014 08:33AM

Gerald Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Richard from tree work unlimited took down a dead
> oak tree next to my sunroom and did an outstanding
> job. The tree was totally dead and had to be
> brought down in multiple sections. I would highly
> recommend these guys they know what they are doing

And I was originally against gay marriage but I have evolved. And I support the 2nd Amendment. And I will get us out of Gitmo.

Happy home owners association
Posted by: Melton wood hoa ()
Date: January 28, 2014 03:10PM

Sean cleaned up our community area of all fallen debris in 2 days with 7 guys. The price was competitive and the service was outstanding. Don't understand why people give them a hard time. There obviously doing something right. Our association has given many referrals for them.

re happy home owners association
Posted by: Melton wood s hoa ()
Date: January 28, 2014 03:15PM

Sean s crew removed all the fallen debris and cleaned up our community area in 2 days with 7 guys. The price was very competitive and the service was outstanding. I don't know why people continue to give them a hard time there obviously doing something right.

Posted by: Melwood ()
Date: January 29, 2014 08:32AM

Sean, at least use correct spelling/grammar when you write fake reviews. "Melton wood s"?? That's hilarious.

Posted by: potomacfalls ()
Date: March 25, 2015 10:28AM

Richard had his crew clean up our yard, mulch and took down a couple of trees. His price was very competitive and we were very satisfied with their work.

Posted by: Buyer Beware!!! ()
Date: September 15, 2016 09:31AM

Hello to all homeowners:

I am here to warn you of Richard Sean Ryals and his flyers about his latest business: TREE WORKS UNLIMITED. Sean continues to be allowed to open businesses in Pr. Wm. Co in an attempt to scam home owners.

I can assure you Sean is writing the positive reviews above. The man is a psychopath. He gets a high out of scamming and taking advantage of people. I encourage you to call the county probation office to speak with his probation officer.

Please send out alerts to your friends and neighbors warning them of this mad man. The court and probation have done little to nothing to stop this scam artist.

Posted by: Not safe yet ()
Date: September 23, 2016 11:54AM

Richard Sean Ryals (aka: Sean Ryals, Rich Ryals, Richard Sean Ryals, Sr.) currently doing business under the name Tree Works Unlimited, TWU, is still engaged in illegal activity, seeking business via fliers. He is NOT a licensed contractor (it was revoked) and is therefore only legally allowed to do landscaping jobs totaling less than $1,000. He just wrote a multi-thousand dollar contract with me and told me he didn't need a contractor's license to do it.

If you want to see his revoked licenses and disciplinary history go to this site http://www.dpor.virginia.gov/LicenseLookup/ and type his name under the disciplinary action search tab.

If you'd like to see the history of his Civil and Criminal court summaries search for Ryals, Richard under Prince Williams County Circuit court at this link wasdmz2.courts.state.va.us/CJISWeb/circuit.jsp

During my research it appears he's done business under multiple company names, making Angie's List WORST DC Contractor 2 YEARS in a row 2010, and 2011. Here's the article https://www.angieslist.com/articles/worst-washington-dc-contractors-2011.htm and https://www.angieslist.com/articles/worst-washington-dc-contractors-2010.htm

Posted by: Irriitated ()
Date: October 03, 2016 09:26AM

I also had A contract with Tree Work Unlimited for tree cutting and lawn work. I have put in complaints to him however since he received payment he never responds. I recommend never doing business with this man? He claims 100% satisfaction but does not deliver and claims to be licensed and insured. Don't believe it?

Posted by: Amazing ()
Date: April 14, 2017 10:52PM

Amazing this crook and con artist is still free on the streets to rob and steal from hard working homeowners. Ryals continues to put flyers in your mailbox with photos that are not of his work This con is not licensed as he claims. Go to the DEPOR website and look into his record of scamming the N.Va homeowners.

Google his name and run as fast as you can and call your local supervisor or county attorney to complain about the con being allowed to apply for many business license when he has been arrested, placed in jail, and on probation for his sociopath behaviors.

Buyer Beware!!!

Posted by: treaves ()
Date: July 02, 2018 09:18PM

I just had this loser at my house today, quoting me on some ground clean up and tree removal. He told me about 10x (seriously) how he is: a millionaire, has a mansion in Manassas, owns a Ferrari F430, is a 'day-trader'and started his business at 30.

He wrote up a quote and asked me to sign it. After I declined to sign and said I just want to compare prices, he became agitated and started saying I wasted his time, I need to sign the form or the quoted price is off. This is when he started justifying his success and wealth, and I guess his legitimacy? by saying he is all of the above things ^^^. I said, literally, "you actually sound like a con-man."

Sounds like I was pretty spot on...without reading a single review about this shitbag before tonight. Phew - dodged a bullet!

Posted by: Yousafakeassbitch ()
Date: July 10, 2018 03:34AM

Wtf you still talking about this for? You fucking suck. I hope you get herpes. You're wasting your time with this shit, retard

Posted by: codpiece ()
Date: March 19, 2019 06:58PM

I love Sean. He took several trees down on my property. When it came time to pay, he said I would not have to pay if he could suck my balls! What a deal!

Posted by: Con Artist ()
Date: August 17, 2019 01:25AM

Buyer beware!!! Richard Ryals is on the hunt again for sucker home owners. Ryals is paying Hispanics to stuff his flyers in mailboxes. The information on the flyer is a lie. The flyer is gold and looks professional. Don't let the advertisement fool you!!! Google Richard Sean Ryals and you will find the truth.

Ryals has been arrested many times and placed on probation. The guy is a sociopath. He has no conscience! He loves to rip people off and gets pleasure out of homeowners calling him to complain about the crappy job his laborers he picks up from the local 7' 11 do.

Posted by: bill agus ()
Date: December 03, 2019 02:37PM

Ryals rips off his landscapers, dumps illegally, and is completely toxic to his workers in general (high turnover). He pays horribly unless you play his con-man games and bring him money. If you take time to do a good job he will rip into you. He's bipolar, one day he's nice, the next he's completely nasty and will dog you until you quit.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.