HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Loudoun :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Jbs that make 33k+ out of hs?
Posted by: VALife ()
Date: December 29, 2012 02:29PM

Graduating high school this year and got accepted into U of Maryland, but don't really have any money to go because parents can't support me, so im looking to find a job for a coupe years that makes around 33k a year to save for college. Does anyone know any jobs or places around here that offer that much to someone graduating from hs? the job doesn't really matter to me, I don't mind working 60-70+ hours a week.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jbs that make 33k+ out of hs?
Posted by: Jobs 123012 ()
Date: December 30, 2012 04:39PM

Posted by: JustanFYI ()
Date: August 12, 2013 10:10PM

VALife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Graduating high school this year and got accepted
> into U of Maryland, but don't really have any
> money to go because parents can't support me, so
> im looking to find a job for a coupe years that
> makes around 33k a year to save for college. Does
> anyone know any jobs or places around here that
> offer that much to someone graduating from hs? the
> job doesn't really matter to me, I don't mind
> working 60-70+ hours a week.

Military - and they'll pay for your college too.

Posted by: Retired utility worker ()
Date: August 14, 2013 06:12PM

If you can handle the weather, I would go to work for a power company or maybe Verizon.

They train you, hard to get laid off. Good benny's , pension, HC cheap. Sure at times you work your ass off, but you always have easy days too. You work by yourself or only one other person, don't have to deal with mulitiple personalitys in an office setting.

You meet a lot of interesting people, maybe the occaisonal good looking wench. A lot of freedom.

Not for everyone but a good job.

Posted by: cantread ()
Date: January 13, 2014 08:06PM

Well you can never go wrong with sucking dick behind the 711

Posted by: Verizon ()
Date: January 20, 2014 08:40PM

I would 2nd Verizon or the Cable Company. It's hard work, and you have to deal with pain in the ass customers sometime, but the benfits are great and plus you have some experience on your resume if you ever go into a IT related field. 33k is not that hard around here, you should be able to find that in no time, or at least start a little lower and move up to it in one or two years.

Posted by: madonna ()
Date: January 20, 2014 10:31PM

Dude, take the ASVAB and join the United States Air Force.

Posted by: Lydia ()
Date: April 11, 2014 09:21PM

suck and fuck as an adult entertainer professonal in DC, 13st. Cant go wrong, im 3 years in, you'll be making more than 30k, i love my job

Posted by: Mrpotato ()
Date: November 06, 2014 12:43PM

Apply for Micro Center in fairfax. Once you get promoted to their highest paying department, you're making up to 80k/yr. i used to work there and made avg 50k/yr

Posted by: blerg ()
Date: February 12, 2015 03:17PM

VALife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Graduating high school this year and got accepted
> into U of Maryland, but don't really have any
> money to go because parents can't support me

1) Apply to a VA school so that you can get in-state rates and in-state loans. Why the fuck are you going to Maryland? Your broke-ass can got to GMU and still live in your parent's basement that way.

2) Go to NVCC on the cheap for 2 years to lower your costs, then transfer to a different school like Tech or GMU. NVCC also offers plenty of good, 2-year certs and degrees in shit like HVAC and welding which are well paying blue collar jobs. Wayyyy more than 33k a year.

3) Didn't you do FAFSA to see how much tuition assistance you can get? Are you an illegal? They actually have high school counselors around here who teach you how to fill out FAFSA forms.

4) 33k is a low ball. I made more than that waiting tables in South Riding.

5) Why the fuck are you volunteering to work 60+ hours a week? "Hello future manager, please make me a slave."

6) Since your dumb-ass wants to work 70 hours a week like a moron, take the ASVAB and see what the Army or USMC has to offer. Good luck diggin them fightin holes.

Posted by: Wowzers ()
Date: February 14, 2015 05:31PM

^^^

Calls dumbass

Doesn't realize OP posted over 3 years ago and most likely(hopefully) has moved on.

Strong logic is strong.

Jobs that make 33k+ out of hs?
Posted by: Obvious Answer ()
Date: March 14, 2015 05:20PM

Join the military! But first, explore your options. Make sure you specialize in something that will be useful to you in finding work when you get out. If you go into infantry, guess what? What kind of a fucking job are you going to get with that? Don't think about what the testosterone dipshits say. Join Navy or Air Force and study information technology (IT).

The government will pay for your college AND put money in your pocket while you travel the world and gain invaluable training. You'll have a $60,000+ job lined up when you get out. There are tons of IT firms and government contracting firms right here in Northern Virginia. Or, if you prefer, with the skills you'll attain, you can pretty much move where ever the hell you want!

I'm 38 and one of my biggest regrets in life is not having joined the military. By the time I decided to enlist, they told me I was too old. Call a Navy, Air Force or Coast Guard recruiter NOW!

Posted by: Wait ()
Date: March 20, 2015 02:50PM

Obvious Answer is right...BUT don't join Air Force, Navy, or Marines because they don't guarantee you the MOS you want. Only the Army guarantees you the MOS you want.

Seriously, do some research on this. Pass basic, pass AIT, boom, bam you got the MOS you want.

Also I know people like to say the AF has the best quality of life, but currently the Army isn't far behind. And both are still far ahead of the Marines.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.