HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Lorton :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Lorton Station Blvd Traffic!
Posted by: JayTee ()
Date: February 09, 2013 11:18AM

The speed limit on Lorton Station Blvd is too fast @ 35mph! Drivers easily push 35 up 45-50! If you've ever walked along the street, you know what I'm talking about. If the speed limit was lowered to 25, then most drivers will drive at 35mph. The 4-way stop is a joke! If you're approaching the 4-way from the shops or the subdivision you better not hesitate to go because the oncoming traffic on the blvd will see your complete stop as a weakness and go right on ahead.

When drivers are approaching the 4-way on the southbound side - along the street parking - they whiz along. There will be accidents with cars trying to park or just trying to pull out of their parking spot.

It's funny to me, I'm driving along at 35mph, I'll see a car in my mirror change lanes and fly past me. (They are obviously annoyed that I'm driving the speed limit.) But at the end of the blvd there are stop lights and they're siting at the light and then I'm right there behind them. What did you accomplish? You didn't get anywhere any faster than me! And you wasted your gas!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lorton Station Blvd Traffic!
Posted by: Big D ()
Date: August 23, 2016 09:49PM

Stay off the Internet Grandma...

Re: Lorton Station Blvd Traffic!
Posted by: Joel H ()
Date: November 04, 2016 02:04AM

I concur with Jay Tee entirely. The more expensive cars drive like it's their own private raceway, the stop sign is a roll-through, never mind it being a residential area. I've witnessed cars doing at least 70 mph.

The decoy cop car is a joke, Fairfax County.

There ought to be a way to change from parallel parking to diagonal parking, as well. Legally...

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.