HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Burke :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Information on demolished home close to intersection of burke lake road and coffer woods
Posted by: Moriah ()
Date: August 07, 2015 03:58PM

I have lived in this area for a very long time. I recently was thinking about an abandoned home that was very close to the intersection of burke lake road and coffer woods. I have always wanted to know about what the deal was with all that. If anyone one has any information on the home please let me know. I want to know why it was left abandoned for so long. I am really curious about this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Information on demolished home close to intersection of burke lake road and coffer woods
Posted by: jowrjijoq ()
Date: August 07, 2015 10:41PM

I'm interested in information too. I'm only 18, but I remember that being over there probably until I was 8 or 9. Would love to see what FU can dig up.

Re: Information on demolished home close to intersection of burke lake road and coffer woods
Posted by: ...in the 22039 ()
Date: August 23, 2015 10:56PM

It was an old 2 story house. Sat vacant for many years. I don't remember anyone there since maybe the early 90s. Anyways, it was run down and probably a party house for a while.

I seem to recall a body being found in the woods there. That's when the house got torn down. It's now just a vacant lot.

There used to be just a few homes around that area. That one, the one next door (built in the 60s?) and then two across the street. At the top of the hill is Silas Burke House. And in between, the place to live in the 70s and 80s, is the road which runs back to the large homes back by the lake (or large pond).

That's about all I can remember now.

Posted by: Poo Poo and Pee Pee ()
Date: August 29, 2015 06:35PM

Wasn't there a house along Mason Bluff Drive at one point?

Posted by: Joke Insurance ()
Date: September 20, 2015 09:18PM

Poo Poo and Pee Pee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wasn't there a house along Mason Bluff Drive at
> one point?

Yes.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.