HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Burke :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
pool security?
Posted by: your friendly neighbor ()
Date: June 06, 2015 02:02PM

I am new to the area, and looking for a pool to join with my children. I visited the Twinnbrook Community Pool with a friend to check that out out. I also visited the Sideburn Run Pool with my parents and my children. Do these pools have a security camera to make sure everything is alright? I heard Sideburn does but I don't know about Twinbrook. Also, what are some other Burke pools?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: pool security?
Posted by: ..... ()
Date: June 13, 2015 11:31AM

Lake Braddock community has 2 pools. Dave Grohl (of Nirvana and the Foo Fighters) played one of his first ever gigs at the community center at the Ashbourn rd pool.

Posted by: ... ()
Date: July 22, 2015 08:47PM

Got a source for that?

Posted by: BeagleFarmer ()
Date: October 03, 2015 08:00PM

Here is the source on Grohl in Lake Braddock:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-state-of-nova/post/dave-grohl-bio-cites-many-northern-va-historical-landmarks-for-future-nirvana-foo-fighters-star/2012/09/28/cb22a58a-0823-11e2-a10c-fa5a255a9258_blog.html

The Lake Braddock pools do not sell memberships, so it may not be an option if you don't live in Lake Braddock.

I don't think they have pools. Sure, cameras might help with theft, but they aren't going to help with drowning - except for the lawsuits that follow.

Guess it depends on what you mean by 'Pool Security'. Which sounds like a good name for a band. But not as good as Foo Fighters.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.