HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Burke :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Safeway Shopping Center
Posted by: Burkie ()
Date: February 21, 2010 09:42AM

I've been living in Burke for a little over a year. What used to be in the Mexican style restaurant right near the Safeway off BC Parkway? I wish they would put something awesome in there. Burke needs a good chain restaurant to come in.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Safeway Shopping Center
Posted by: KanDeKane ()
Date: February 21, 2010 06:11PM

The CHipotle? It used to be a viedo rental store. And I think a Boston Market a long long time ago.

Posted by: Burkie ()
Date: February 23, 2010 04:36PM

No the empty shell of a building located in the front of the shopping center, not along the strip... It's empty.

Posted by: Whyme ()
Date: February 25, 2010 11:42AM

That is where Hopsfrog used to be located. As I remember it, they were forced out of their lease because the management company wanted to put a bank in that spot. Same thing for the gas station across the street. Hopsfrog is now located in the strip just to the right of the Starbucks.

Posted by: RUFUSS ()
Date: November 20, 2010 01:33PM

Burkie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've been living in Burke for a little over a
> year. What used to be in the Mexican style
> restaurant right near the Safeway off BC Parkway?
> I wish they would put something awesome in there.
> Burke needs a good chain restaurant to come in.

Shut up Chipotle's awesome already

Posted by: dd ()
Date: November 20, 2010 05:44PM

The old gas station??

Posted by: Longbottom ()
Date: November 23, 2010 11:52AM

Hops Frog's old site is now a PNC bank. (Why didn't they raze that poor service haven for roaches, Friendlies, instead, I'll never know)

The gas station was the site originally chosen for the bank, but PNC didn't like the lot so they chased Hops Frog out, too. I hear the old gas station will eventually be reopened as another gas station, but the original business owner they ran out now works at that Goodyear (or whatever that is) back in the back, so I hear. He had a loyal following for auto repairs in the area.

Someone I know later said the Hops Frog owner told him the move to a store front saved his business due to the economy going down and the property owner investment group raising rental rates.

Posted by: burkeeee ()
Date: April 18, 2012 01:46PM

nah dude that mexican restaurant is awesome. the LAST thing we need in burke is a chain restaurant. we need some good mom and pop places!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.