HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Springfield :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Anyone remember Howard Johnsons?
Posted by: clam_roll ()
Date: January 23, 2010 06:12AM

I worked at the Howard Johnsons resturaunt from 1978 till 1984 or so. It was a great part time job for students. They tore down the building in the late 80s and put the Bob Evans up (next to the tower)
We fried an ocean of clams and scooped tons of ice cream 24-7 The manager there was Phil Doucette, he gave his heart and soul to that place and taught us young lazy kids how to work and work hard.
The HOJO motor lodge next door was called the skylark inn before HOJO's took it over.
see link http://www.highwayhost.org/Virginia/Springfield/springfield1.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone remember Howard Johnsons?
Posted by: Meet the Mets! Meet the Mets! ()
Date: March 23, 2010 10:42PM

Yeah, he was a solid 3rd sacker for a few years......

Re: Anyone remember Howard Johnsons?
Posted by: IAN ()
Date: June 05, 2010 03:57AM

I honestly can say that i do not remember howard johnsons but i can comfirm that my parents used to work at this howard johnsons in the 80s when they were in highschool. my father was a cook/maybe preparer in the kitchen, and my mother was a waitress, they met there and are still happily married since '86

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.