HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Springfield :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
BRUCE AND TONYA ILLEGAL SIGNS, REALTORS UNITE AND SUE THEM!!!
Posted by: Burkeman ()
Date: June 10, 2015 01:44PM

I'm surprised that realtors in the Burke Spingfield area don't report Bruce & Tonya and DD that illegally post their signs Tuesday through Friday along the roads and intersections in Burke and Springfield. They constantly have 70 to 100 illegal signs posted and rarely are fined by VDOT who is responsible to enforcing the law.

Realtors that make millions each year and then pollute their community by posting illegal signs, which only add to the sign pollution problem, should be avoided, consider responsible realtors that respect your community when you list your home for sale.

Realtors who obey the law should file complaints to NVAR and hire an attorney to file a CLASS ACTION SUIT against these realtors as they are projecting they are the only game in town by illegally advertising their name all over the counties.

You can also file a complaint with VDOT, charlie.kilpatrick@VDOT.virginia.gov

Keep our communities beautiful.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: BRUCE AND TONYA ILLEGAL SIGNS, REALTORS UNITE AND SUE THEM!!!
Posted by: idiots ()
Date: August 25, 2015 01:49AM

From what I understand, those two are some of the biggest scumbag realtors in the area.

Posted by: Sign pollution ()
Date: September 18, 2015 11:31AM

Can you please post the sign pollution law? I've seen Bruce & Tonya's obnoxious signs all over the place in Springfield, but it never occurred to me that there was a regulation against this.

Maybe it's time to start reporting these assholes and/or ripping down their signs.

Posted by: Wayne ()
Date: November 03, 2015 09:12AM

Starting July 1, 2013, Fairfax County will remove signs that are illegally put on or along selected roads. This includes political campaign signs, advertising signs and more.

Signs will be regularly picked up every week between Tuesday and Thursday by the Sheriff’s Community Labor Force. Signs will not be cleaned up based on public complaints.

The county is removing signs to assist the Virginia Department of Transportation—but VDOT is still responsible for maintaining the roads.

What You Should Know

Signs will not be removed from neighborhood streets—only selected major roads across the county. Create or join a VDOT Adopt-a-Highway group to remove signs from neighborhood streets and other roads.
The clean-up program does not address signs on private property. For complaints about signs on private property only, use this online form. Learn more about the rules for signs on private property and other locations.
Only signs will be removed from roads—not trash or litter.
Contact VDOT about signs that cause a safety hazard on the roads at 1-800-FOR-ROAD, TTY 711, or use VDOT's online form.

After the county removes a sign, it will be stored for five calendar days at the I-66 Transfer Station where it may be reclaimed. Signs will be destroyed after five days. However, VDOT's Adopt-a-Highway groups may collect signs at any time on their designated roads, and they may destroy these signs immediately.

For more information about the county's sign removal program, call 703-324-SIGN (7446), TTY 711.

Cut and Paste the link to the map of the "selected roads"
http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/signs/signremovalprogram.htm

Posted by: Grace ()
Date: May 21, 2016 11:41PM

As a realtor I abide by the laws of the county and stopped posting my signs - it is very annoying to see those two and a few others continually break the law. I worry that if I report them I would appear to be a jealous realtor so I refrain. I should report them. Debbie Dogrul is the worst offender.

Posted by: REALTOR123 ()
Date: June 22, 2017 09:03PM

I BET YOU ARE A LOT OF FUN AT PARTIES

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.