HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
McLean :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Top 3 Priorities For McLean Everyday Quality Living ?
Posted by: waldenthreenet ()
Date: March 11, 2014 03:42PM

I had a chance to drive around some McLean neighborhoods on my way back from a confeence at Tyson and by mistake took the wrong turn.

I notice that McLean is gettying pretty congested these days with little greenspace and lots and lots of these neighborhood shopping malls increasingly crowding in.

Anyone has any suggestion as to what the top priorities may be to improve quality of living eveyday at McLean ?

How about this list :

(01) Add more greenspace and bike paths

(02) Creek Restoration and add greenspace and urban wildlife sanctuaries
along restored Creeks

(03) Quality Community Activity Centers for Dance, Music, Poetry, and Ethnic Voices ?

(04) Better Transportation Alternatives, particularly for Seniors who have to drive everywhere even when you are 80 years old ! (An Affordable Call-A_Ride Service for Seniors, Handicapped and Others ?)
Attachments:
Walden Three Urban Design 0306.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Top 3 Priorities For McLean Everyday Quality Living ?
Posted by: waldenthreenet ()
Date: March 15, 2014 08:07AM

Top 3 Priorities For McLean Everyday Quality Living ? Posted by: waldenthreenet ()
Date: March 11, 2014 03:42PM

03) Quality Community Activity Centers for Dance, Music, Poetry, and Ethnic Voices ?

Fairfax County Dance Coalition Gala Rehearsal -Modern, Tap, and ....

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/74027987599131568/
Attachments:
FOLK DANCE 0319.jpg

Re: Top 3 Priorities For McLean Everyday Quality Living ?
Posted by: cafetwinv ()
Date: March 21, 2014 01:52PM

REF URL: Fairfax County Board of Supervisors (please click on our Provident District Supervisor among the listed on the upper right or the McLean Supervisor )

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/government/board/

Converation: I attended the Budget Plan Event for Fairfax County with special items for our Providence District last night.

The event was very well attended and was hosted by our Providence District Supervisor, Linda Q. Smith and A Fairfax County Official.

The event has relavance for us at Cryndall Valley North Community as well as other homeowner associations, particularly our neighboring communities.

Schools are of course the largest part of the budget, and there are difficult choices ahead as was discussed.

Schools, Neighborhood Safety, Creek Restoration and Greenspace are all key issues while slow recovery is still underway.

The budget is made rather difficult this year and last year particularly due to 28% increase in enrollment that needs increase in staff support whle the budget is required to reduced due to ecoomic issues primarily.

But the staff working with the Supervisors have done an amazing job in my assessment as I understand better how the budget was arrived at,
and what tremendous sacrificiees were made.
By the way, of the tremendous increase in enrollment, a sizeable portion of the children are of poor parents, so that they qualify for free school lunch !

Also, it was mentioned, teen suicide rates in Fairfax County has increasing trend in recent years.

No doubt , sizable flux of poor people, combined with severe economy has increased teen suicide in Fairfax County in recent few years.

These key issues needs conversaiton and support from all of us, indivdiually, in family circles and via our neighborhood homeowners associations, so that we can addresss the challanges and continue to work for community vitality that strengthens property values and adds to quality of life everday living.

I have started a new discussion on this topic at our experimental Fairfax Community Forum, courtesy of Fairfax Chamber of Commerce.

Comments and conversation from anyone would be most welcome as we go forward.

Cafe Twin

PS: The 2015 short budget report as well as the 4 large volume budget document is available at the Oakton Public Library in the reference section for review by thoughtful and concerned citizens to see how we can strengthen our neighborhoods and the county vitality. Review this anyone at our spectacular public library neighborhood branch at McLean or Oakon branch ?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.