HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
McLean :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Old Movie Theatre
Posted by: BrentB ()
Date: February 17, 2013 09:49AM

Does anybody remember the movie theatre that was down next to "On the Boarder" behind the Tiffany's. Also the old locations of the movie theatre at Tyson's Corner Center. Damn I miss the old days.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old Movie Theatre
Posted by: BrentB ()
Date: February 17, 2013 09:52AM

Remember when you would have to use a pay phone to have your parents come pick you up. Kids these days with cell phones and all have no f#$king idea how to survive without electronics. The sad thing is, is this was only 20 year ago.

Posted by: jfoj ()
Date: April 06, 2013 06:49AM

Yes, the original big screen TV theaters at Tysons that you could access from the rear of the shopping center are long gone, but some of the space is still there and used for belive it or not indoor baseball batting cages!! The floor is still slopped and the stud holes in the concrete for the chairs are all still visible so you can cound exactly how many chairs were in the tiny theaters and see the isles.

This is non profit facility that is used by local Little Leage teams in McLean and Vienna. You acccess the enterance near Elevation Burger from outside the mall and the facility is not manned or open to the general public.

I also remember the theaters behind On The Border, saw a few movies there. Assume this is now office or retail space, have not been in that area for YEARS.

You may not have remembered McLean Cinama that was on Old Dominion near Balduccis?

This was active up through the mid 80's as I recall. I had a friend that managed the threater for a while and we used to have after hours private screenings there. He actually lived there for a while when his mom tossed him out of the house!!

Slight deviation, so the Jack In The Box with the drive through in McLean!! That used to be across from the Old Teen Firehouse on Chain Brigde Road across the side street from the old Chicken Out!

I remember going there many late Fri & Sat nights many years ago!

Posted by: RLG ()
Date: August 08, 2014 10:19PM

I'm a member of equinox and they claim that they occupy the space that the movie theater used to be in. The building seems lofty enough but I haven't been a resident long enough to confirm this.

"Located in Fairfax, Virginia, at the center of one of the country’s top shopping destinations, our Tysons Corner location has a full-service spa, saltwater pool and Pilates studio. The soaring space of a remodeled classic movie theater is a true wellness destination that’s been described as “Zenlike with a contemporary feel."

^^^ I took that quote from the Equinox Website ^^^

Posted by: bjhjm ()
Date: August 13, 2014 08:14AM

jfoj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, the original big screen TV theaters at Tysons
> that you could access from the rear of the
> shopping center are long gone, but some of the
> space is still there and used for belive it or not
> indoor baseball batting cages!! The floor is still
> slopped and the stud holes in the concrete for the
> chairs are all still visible so you can cound
> exactly how many chairs were in the tiny theaters
> and see the isles.
>
> This is non profit facility that is used by local
> Little Leage teams in McLean and Vienna. You
> acccess the enterance near Elevation Burger from
> outside the mall and the facility is not manned or
> open to the general public.
>
> I also remember the theaters behind On The Border,
> saw a few movies there. Assume this is now office
> or retail space, have not been in that area for
> YEARS.
>
> You may not have remembered McLean Cinama that was
> on Old Dominion near Balduccis?
>
> This was active up through the mid 80's as I
> recall. I had a friend that managed the threater
> for a while and we used to have after hours
> private screenings there. He actually lived there
> for a while when his mom tossed him out of the
> house!!
>
> Slight deviation, so the Jack In The Box with the
> drive through in McLean!! That used to be across
> from the Old Teen Firehouse on Chain Brigde Road
> across the side street from the old Chicken Out!
>
> I remember going there many late Fri & Sat nights
> many years ago!

It was the Jerry Lewis cinema, part of a franchise. Say many R rated movies under aged there like "Mash" Death Race 2000 etc....

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.