HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Reston :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
searching for a place he used to know much like Reston itself
Posted by: Rod ()
Date: January 16, 2008 03:51PM

I'm a people watcher and while driving around Reston I'd noticed this old weird truck. I'd noticed it before traveling up and down the streets of Reston as if searching for a place he used to know much like Reston itself. It was really a shell of what used to be a truck. The front bumper seemed to go in a different direction then the rest of the vehicle. It was just held on by will power or invisible bailing wire. The back bumper seemed to be about to fall off. The fenders were all mashed in and the hood all bashed and battered seemed to vibrate at a different rate then the rest of the truck. Maybe the owner used to haul junk before JUNK ARMY got into the act. It had all kinds of shovels hanging on the sides.

And as I say I'm a people watcher and I looked at the vehicle one of the most unusal vehicles in Reston and when pulling up to it at a light stop noticed that the front tire seemed a little low. Well, I rolled down the window to let the driver know about the condition of the tire.

Imagine my surprise as I rolled down the window and seeing what appeared to be our founder sitting in the passenger seat! I was so startled! My jaw dropped! What was our nearly hundred year old founder doing riding around in such a decrepit vehicle. I remembered a scene on the Beverly Hillbillies when the stuffy old Beverly Hills society lady asks Jed, why he drove such a vehicle. Jed replies unabashedly, "If you have it, spend it."

Could it be that our founder likes traveling incognito, choosing strange vehicles so he won't be bothered and can observe Reston in peace? I'd seen him many times in newspapers and in parades. Or is he involved in some sort of task with this vehicle?

With my window rolled down I was about to ask him a question like "How do you think things turned out," to establish if he really was our well known town founder, when all of a suddern the lite changed and the mysterious truck disappeared in a cloud of blue smoke.

Have you seen the truck? Is it really our founder in the old truck or was I seeing things? I like to think it really was him and that like Reston itself he will indeed find what he is looking for.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2008 07:04AM by Rod.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.