HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Reston :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
A Radio Project...
Posted by: Barry ()
Date: July 07, 2011 09:34AM

With Garrison Keillor planning his retirement from A Prairie Home Companion, I've been wondering what it would take to start up a similar sort of "Radio Hour" here.

I'm an actor and author - with lots of radio experience - and know what it would take to get a weekly program off the ground. Which means, of course, a lot of work from a number of committed people. Technicians and artists willing to sit down and work out the basics of a show, rehearse it and then perform it - with a live audience.

Are enough talented, disciplined and interested people in Reston (or nearby) who would like to make that happen?

There's lots of folks here, even just on this forum, who are quick with a comeback or witty with a turn of phrase or idea... can they do more than crack that quip?

I'll offer my time and talent and, from my years in the entertainment field, I may even be able to pull in a few minor celebrities... but we'd have to have a show that someone might tune in to - as well as one they'd like be on.

Okay, that's my offer. It's a whole lot of something. Exactly what is up to you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A Radio Project...
Posted by: ProVallone ()
Date: July 07, 2011 10:13AM

Contact Meade Skeleton.

Date: July 07, 2011 11:35PM

Thank you.

Unless, of course, this is meant as some form of humor I've yet to decode.

I'll do just that.

Meanwhile, is there anyone else?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Posted by: Ut videam ()
Date: July 08, 2011 04:33PM

Local radio legend Mike O'Meara, late of the Don and Mike Show. Quick hint: his friends refer to him as LFF, use this term to make sure he takes your call.

Posted by: MeIMyself ()
Date: August 27, 2011 08:32AM

If you are still interested in getting something off the ground, I'd be up for it! Have you also checked into the Reston Players, they seem to be the type that would like doing a radio project. Give me some other way to contact you and we'll see what we can work out.

ebDbb
Date: September 21, 2011 05:11PM

Yes - I am still interested.

I'm sorry this board didn't send me updates when people posted... but I'll try to pull it a bit more together soon.

In the meantime, I'm running for RCC board. So I'd appreciate everyone looking into it and voting (for me if you will - but voting no matter what)!

Cheers!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.