HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Reston :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fun hangouts in Va
Posted by: Lyd ()
Date: August 15, 2005 04:10PM

I moved to Va a while ago and my friends are visiting in a couple weeks. Where are some cool hangouts to go to? We're not really into the club scene but are there any lounges in the area? Thanks in advance!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fun hangouts in Va
Posted by: ben ()
Date: August 15, 2005 09:42PM

As far as "club" clubs, DC has a ton of nice ones. Basically every halfway decent restaurant/bar in NoVA and DC turns into a lounge/club Friday and Saturday nights. They're literally everywhere. Cheap cover, every kind of music imaginable.. Just keep your eyes open for them.

If you tell me what kind of music you like I may be able to point out a few that you might enjoy.

Posted by: lyd ()
Date: August 16, 2005 11:48AM

I'm into r&b, hip hop and pop music. I don't know the area too well and I have no idea where any lounges are :-(

Posted by: j3rown ()
Date: December 01, 2005 10:24PM

Hooka Bars. The way to the future. There is one off sunset hills in Reston. It's call Sphinx, it's not that great, and it's fairly expensive, but it's in reston. If you want to go further out, there's one off Centreville Rd and 50 in the Sully shopping complex called Alf Laylah or something. That place is pretty hot. If you want to like dance, go on a Friday or Saturday night after 9 PM. There's usually a cover charge at the door, but only because there is either live music or a DJ. It's pretty fucking hot.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: December 01, 2005 11:41PM

the music at the chantilly place is pretty loud, don't count on conversation if you go with other people

now that I think about it, most of those places blast the music pretty loud considering it's supposed to be a place to chill

the place in Skyline, Oasis, is still my favorite. Prince of Persia and Queen of Sheba are also located there, Prince is ok, but Queen has the rudest service ever. They are only ok if the other two are too pack to get a table.

Lots of others I've never even been to, I'd love a list

Posted by: ben ()
Date: December 02, 2005 01:46PM

There's one off Chain Bridge rd across from the Grant Thornton (Toilet Bowl) building. I went there the other night, it's a cool place. Mostly arab faces inside too.

Date: December 02, 2005 03:03PM

you said grant thornton and I was like "huh?"

but then you immediately followed up with "toilet bowl building" and I was like,"oh yeah, 123 and courthouse, no prob"

love the landmarks

Posted by: stinkypoon ()
Date: December 02, 2005 03:40PM

are there any cute persian women to be found at these places? do you have to bring anything, or do they supply the hooka and smoke?

Date: December 02, 2005 05:15PM

persian (muslim) women hanging around persian (muslim) men in public? you need a cultural lesson. But to be direct, I rarely see women fitting that bill at these places. Lots of college aged girls, tho.

anyway, they are selling the smoking experience. They sell food and assorted drinks also, but the hookah is usually 5-10 bucks (maybe 20 at these classy joints) for a flavor of your choice and it lasts as many coals as you can sit through. It takes me two hours of solid smoking to go through three coals and then the tar begins to catch up.

Posted by: stinkypoon ()
Date: December 02, 2005 05:27PM

no, don't need a cultural lesson. but you should know that not all persian women are muslim, and not all muslim women have to stay away from men. they don't live under sharia law here.

back to the topic though, i'll probably check out one of these hookah bars soon, and definitely don't mind college girls. what time of day are the crowds happening there? are they lunchtime places, or late evenings? most importantly: are the drinks they serve alcoholic?

Date: December 02, 2005 08:31PM

I guess I was trying to say the "persian" dudes you see there are (typically) sporting the "sharia look" as I fondly call it, so it's safe to assume they are muslims. And I stand by my statement that you never see women fitting the description of middle eastern hanging at these places, unless they are the older women who work at some of them.

muslims = no bitches allowed, unless they "werkin'". It has nothing to do with Sharia here and has everything to do with muslim men wanting things to be like "back home". Women are for babies and boys are for fun and all that.

Even if not, it's probably better for your general safety to assume it. Vigilence is key against the terrorist-extremist threat.. George Bush Jr. told me that and he wouldn't lie, right???

Posted by: A'rn ()
Date: February 07, 2006 09:11PM

On the subject of fun local hangouts (at least Reston-wise)...good luck. Herndon has Jimmy's Old Town Tavern (which caters to the into "All the rednecks with nothing to do on a weeknight" crowd) and Carpool (which caters to the "All the FCPS high school dropouts you hoped you'd never see again" crowd.)

There are a few other places in Herndon where the atmosphere is relatively chill - like Townie's over on Sterling Blvd. and the bar over in Worldgate - but they're no place to go and party. Better for a beer and a game.

Posted by: RbF_dark420 ()
Date: March 07, 2006 04:02AM

A'rn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Herndon has Jimmy's Old
> Town Tavern (which caters to the into "All the
> rednecks with nothing to do on a weeknight" crowd)
> and Carpool (which caters to the "All the FCPS
> high school dropouts you hoped you'd never see
> again" crowd.)

A'rn that is the truest statement i have ever heard before!. you nailed the herndon bar scene to an exact Tee!

I heard the new Ned Divines on Dransville/Route 7 is pretty nice with like 3x bars since they converted the bar from an old ghetto movie theater. but i refuse to goto a bar that charges me $ for a cover charge. Im not gonna spend $ just to drink at your krappy bar.

Im not a party person and normally chill at Hard Times Cafe in the Kmart shopping centere on Elden st. They have a nice beer selection there if you have taste.

Date: April 16, 2007 11:22AM

Ned Divines is nice I know they have that one in Dranesville but there's also one in herndon of Centreville Rd in Clocktower Shopping Center.

The best Hookah Bar around is Alf Laylah Wah Laylah off Rte 50 and Centreville Rd in the Sully Corner shopping center...it's in the corner like 2 doors down from the blockbuster. On weekends they have live music and occassionally belly dancers but its a $10 cover...but their hookah's are cheaper than Sphinx's.

Date: April 16, 2007 11:59AM

Ned Devines is now located in Centreville, near bonefish.

The one in farifax is gone, sadly.

Posted by: officer friendly ()
Date: April 17, 2007 02:14PM

We like to hang out in the parking lot of the Clocktower shopping center. Watch how you walk out of the bar pls.

Posted by: CD ()
Date: June 13, 2007 04:49PM

What about in the Springfield area? Just moved down there. Trying to find places other than D.C. DC is a long drive when its late you've had a few.

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: June 22, 2007 02:52PM

heres an idea now that summer is around. Find flat surfac, prefarably Grass. Place Kiddie pool there. Fill Pool with Margarita mix. add Copious amounts of booze. Strip nekked and jump in pool. get long straw. Enjoy.

Posted by: § ()
Date: June 25, 2007 05:17PM

I bet it's great until someone pisses in the pool -- not to mention their nasty feet stepping into it. -§

Posted by: Jackie ()
Date: November 20, 2007 10:32AM

I grew up in Reston. There are a ton of great places to hang out w/ friends in the Reston / Herndon area:

Lake Anne - Several nice restaurants / bars...great in the summer time
Reston Town Center - ATR (American Tap Room), McCormick & Schmick's and Clydes's...meat markets but a fun crowd.
Ned Devines - Herndon (Clocktower Shopping Center) - Great Live Bands
South Lakes Shopping Center - Lake Side Inn (Look for live music venues playing)
And if your a bit more adventurous head out to the McLean Hilton to listen to live Jazz music

Posted by: Bob123 ()
Date: April 27, 2009 09:01PM

Hookah Cafe's in NOVA
>Lebnan Zaman- Vienna[off of gallows road]
>Friends Kabob- Mclean[of of 123]
>Teenozytoon- Fairfax-Lee hwy [across from the harley davidson]
>Aladdin, Oasis, Prince, Fairouz-Skyline [off of route 7]
>Zenoubias- Georgetown[off of 31st st]
>Tarbouch- Arlington
>Alf Laylah- Centerville
>Zikrayat- Alexandria[off of John carlyle, and by far the best hookah/lounge/bar in the area!]

Posted by: wack reston ()
Date: June 02, 2009 04:19PM

nope reston is wack sphinx was cool till a point were they dident let you grind
and the rtc is packed with little middle schoolers
but i go out to arlington alladins nd other places like cerro grande in springfield
karma night club
tierra mare
maxwells in manassas
furr nightclub if you know ppl in the inside for underage ppl
iguana cantina

buh those are out of reston :/

Posted by: Adam ()
Date: December 28, 2009 02:26PM

Merrifield Kabob across from the BMW dealership on Lee Highway has great service, decent prices and really good food. Good atmosphere in the evenings/nights and great place for lunch if you don't like crowds/noise.

Posted by: crystal ()
Date: August 06, 2011 07:16PM

You guys never mentioned the hookah bars in falls church like Walimas

Posted by: thePope of reston ()
Date: December 09, 2011 09:19PM

there are many enjoyable spots in NoVA.. but i prefer driving to Baltimore for a night of gay clubs and club drugs!!!!!! NoVA is not worth hanging out in... unless your spending time at a HOOOKKAAAAHHHH BAARRR!!!!!!!

Posted by: DONGLE ()
Date: February 04, 2013 09:15AM

theres a new hooka place near leesburg called mansion house hooka lounge its pretty dope cheap hooka variety of people cheap drinks i like it if theres nothing to do on a friday saturday night and want to stay local

Posted by: cafetwinv ()
Date: March 12, 2014 01:12PM

I don't mind the hooka as both of my grandfathers in India had one when I was a kid.

But not sure that Hooka smoking is all that better than pipe smoking. May be a little better for those who must smoke.

What does the scientists say about Hooka vs Pipe ?

As per as Persian Lounge, It would be nice to have some authentic Persian/Afghan Live Music and dance sometimes to help build up the local talents .

Persians in America tend to be good folk singers. Why not here in Virginia ?

cafe twin

Our Memory of Khyber Pass On Silk Road __Trade & Culture Millenium Plus
http://www.pinterest.com/clubtwin/our-memory-of-khyber-pass-on-silk-road-__trade-cul/

Posted by: TheRealDealNig ()
Date: March 15, 2014 10:41PM

ZaZa's in Sterling, seriously this place is hidden with young college sluts, and barely any dudes. Fucked so many hot asian and mexican bitches here. Check it out!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.