HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Reston :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
towne centre
Posted by: shadykid23 ()
Date: March 21, 2005 12:12AM

is reston town centre still filled with asians trying to sell E on the weekends? haven't been up there in ages now that I'm in McLean

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: towne centre
Posted by: james ()
Date: March 25, 2005 07:19PM

Uhm, no. Reston towne center is an excellent place with lots of high-quality shops and dining establishments. Of course I'm not a "shady kid" so I don't get approached by the same type of people you do.
- james

Posted by: rossafenton ()
Date: April 04, 2005 10:25AM

wanna organize something?

Ross
camarofanz <-- aim

Posted by: Robert ()
Date: April 14, 2005 06:22PM

Aye, I don't get approached by too many shady folks there either. Then again, I mainly visit the Uno's and the cigar shop over where the skating rink is in the winter. That cigar shop is excellent in case any of you folks indulge and the Uno's doesn't have any problems with you lighting up versus most other bars in the area. They also don't have the 'townies' that Clyde's and ATR attract. Far less raucous if that's what you're looking for.

Date: April 24, 2005 02:06AM

hahaha. asians tryna sell E?

Posted by: jumboman ()
Date: May 27, 2005 06:37PM

reston towne centre?
how about reston town center
get it right dammit
why do people always use these crazy spellings?

Posted by: stinee ()
Date: June 05, 2005 05:48PM

becasue that's the proper way to spell it, and no Reston Towne Centre is a great place...it can get a tad shady late Friday nights but pretty easy to avoid if you don't want that kinda stuff to deal with...although I guess if you do, it would be fairly easy to find, I don't know

Posted by: rstidman ()
Date: June 05, 2005 06:48PM

It used to be reston town with no "e" back when it opened

they added the e for show.

Posted by: tarp ()
Date: June 13, 2005 10:55AM

Then why is the website http://www.restontowncenter.com/ ?
There is no "e".

Posted by: rstidman ()
Date: June 13, 2005 01:00PM

I was kidding, it was meant to be a joke about how snobby the restonites have become

Posted by: zenzer0 ()
Date: June 15, 2005 06:03PM

did anyone else see the soap suds in the fountain over the weekend?

Posted by: Chicho ()
Date: July 04, 2005 06:50PM

The soap was the work of a group that calls themselves the "Bubble Bandits". They're supposed to strike again on various fountains in the area soon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2005 06:50PM by Chicho.

Posted by: Cary ()
Date: July 05, 2005 04:59AM

Chicho Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The soap was the work of a group that calls
> themselves the "Bubble Bandits". They're supposed
> to strike again on various fountains in the area
> soon.

hahaha! awesome. i demand pictures!

Posted by: Chicho ()
Date: July 05, 2005 05:32PM

If I get my hands on any pictures i'll post em.

Posted by: A'rn ()
Date: September 06, 2005 01:50AM

Reston Town Center (or centre or what-the-fuck-ever) needs to stop growing or it's going to take over that entire Reston Parkway strip.

...and, by the way, it's still a hangout for high schoolers. The Asians with their ecstacy aren't there as much as they used to be (that's what Worldgate is for!) but it's still the place to be if you're in grades 7-12. If you're older than that (present company) then AVOID THE PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE between 7-11pm.

...and there's fucking yuppies all over that place like shit on stink.

Posted by: F the town center!! ()
Date: November 23, 2013 10:31PM

Just a place for ghetto uneducated children... As a minority myslef I feel sad when I go there and see all these idoits that make me wish I had a minigun. Also when I used to go as a teen all I remember where dumb teen fights and drunk adults fighting. The town center is trash..

Posted by: Mr. T's son ()
Date: April 08, 2015 09:26PM

I work at RTC and walk around the place on my break on different times on different days. During the day, you see a lot of yuppies that work in the office buildings and also a good number of middle aged folks who've been working for those companies longer.

The people who live in the Town Center are mostly narcissistic, snobby alcoholics with an undeserved aura of entitlement.

If you go to any of the middle of the run bars after 5 or 6 you'll run into plenty of alcoholic cougars, a couple of douchey guys adorned with dress shirts and kashmir scarves..lot of cigar smoking assholes.

I can't tell you specifically where I work, but I'm sure you'll figure it out after I tell you incognito that most of the residents of RTC are addicted to one or more pharmeceutical narcotic...mostly adderall and xanax with a fair amount of opiate users. These people are not "thugs" they're average citizens of Fairfax, but don't forget that $ does not always = happiness.

In terms of hoodlums and ghetto shit, yes, minorities hang out at the town center, some of the high schoolers. But don't forget, we live in a country where ethnic diversity is encouraged, especially in a so called "planned community" which was originally designed to accommidate everyone within the spectrum of the economic hierarchy.

Some routinely steal from the store I work at, usually in groups of three or four. If you look hard enough, I'm sure you can get some E, or at least some weed from these kids...but they're kids so uh..i don't suggest buying from them. Kids are fucking stupid. They either short you or get you busted because they aren't cautious or aware.

There are also about 20 homeless people who hang out at the town center, most of whom are bat shit crazy...a couple are alcoholics...and the minority of them just ordinary people who had some tough times...most of them stay out of your way.

Avoid the town center if you want to hang out somewhere that doesn't suck. You have to be rich, an alcoholic, and like yoga to hang out there. I prefer Herndon, better ethnic food and less expensive...or Richmond for the nigh life. Fuck DC and all that shit.

Posted by: xXx_baymax_420_xXx ()
Date: May 15, 2015 10:57AM

I really wish someone would take care of those poor, homeless people. Maybe we could start a fundraiser to hire a hitman?

Posted by: Frank Krow ()
Date: August 01, 2016 06:54PM

Oh look, my favorite place...

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.