HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Reston :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
EDLIN private school
Posted by: PooJammer49 ()
Date: September 12, 2006 09:10PM

HEy i think this school is crummy Any reponses?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: EDLIN private school
Posted by: BR ()
Date: October 23, 2006 11:56AM

hahaha...I knew a kid who went to Edlin. Don't remember much about it except at the time I think was really really small.

Posted by: trap star ()
Date: July 18, 2007 01:30PM

Before third grade, after I was leaving Nysmith School in Herndon (a great school with a price tag the same as college tuitions) my parents were looking at Sunrise Valley ES, Hunters Woods ES, and Edlin. They had me observe one day with the GT and one day with the religious class. It sucked.

Posted by: thodinh ()
Date: May 22, 2012 08:55AM

I have a bad experience that i'd like to share : we submitted the admission paperwork to Edlin with $3,000 deposit for my kid . Both the husband and wife, who are owner/principal of the school, kept saying that there was only ONE slot left and we had to hurry up . They also asked us to take my kid to take a test that costed $500 to make sure that my kid's intelligence level could be competitive at Edlin. Before the school started, for personal / work-related reason, we had to pull out and cancel the whole thing with Edlin. We asked to see if Edlin was willing to pay back my deposit . The result was NO . We met with the principal and the owner. They told us that it's written that the deposit was non-refundable even though my kid never took a day at Edlin . Legally they were probably right that they could take deposit $ from people no matter what the reason for cancellation was (before school starts).

So, we lost $3,500 to Edlin for not doing anything with them. A lesson learned. After that , someone else called for the same grade, and she was told that there were 2 slots left !

Thank you

Posted by: Former Student ()
Date: June 08, 2012 07:48PM

PooJammer49 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> HEy i think this school is crummy Any reponses?

Absolutely, I used to go there. Apparently they have a strict "uniform" policy. Because god forbid little Tyler and little Julia see anything that is potentially representative of the real world.

It's pathetic actually, that some people pay this much money to send their children for "better" (read: more expensive) education when there's a decent public school system in this county.

Posted by: Little Lord DoucheLeroy ()
Date: June 09, 2012 07:30PM

Edlin taught me to appreciate anal.

Posted by: Eldin Parent ()
Date: September 29, 2014 12:54PM

I have a son that goes to Edlin and we love it!!! Regarding your tution fee we had the same experiene with Chesterbrook. We paid one month tution and my son went to class for 1 day and we pulled him out. They would not refund us the remainder of the month's tution nor the deposit we paid.

Back to Edlin.. if you are comparing Nysmith to Edlin which everyone does, I would say don't let the looks fool you. Edlin is really good school for the gifted and talented students. They can go toe-to-toe in every way with Nysmith and unlike Nysmith, Edlin focus on the core fundementals like teaching latin in every grade as a basis for english. Also they are very old school in the way they teach. They don't follow the trend. My son is really challenged is having alot of fun learning there. I have meet some Nysmith parents who want to transfer their kids to Edlin. They say Nysmith is not worth the price tag.

Posted by: Someone ()
Date: May 04, 2016 03:47PM

I've been going to Edlin since I was three. I think that the school is pretty good academically, but the sports and other activities are lacking. And about our director, I honestly don't know anymore. Sometimes she's "nice", but I guess...just blame it on the hormones. She wasn't as bad a couple of years ago.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.