HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Reston :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Breast Imaging in Reston - Warning for Women
Posted by: Mynameis ()
Date: June 23, 2009 03:21AM

I had a lot of problems with the radiologist at the breast imaging center in Reston, in Suite 106. I'm just warning you in case you need to see a breast doctor:

I had a problem with my breast. She started talking to me like I was a child, first of all. It was highly insulting. Second of all, she said my breast looked normal. She wouldn't listen to everything I had to say as to what the problem was. She wouldn't let me talk. She would interrupt me and eventually just dismissed me saying nothing was wrong. I believe she just looked at my age and ignored me (I'm in my 20's).

So I waited a month, thinking she was right (she is the doctor, you know...). However, the pain and aesthetic issue had not gone away after a month. So I finally went to a skin doctor; he said "that definitely doesn't look normal to me," gave me a biopsy, and found that there is indeed something wrong.

So if you want a doctor that will take the time to listen to you and will not ignore what you say, don't go there.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Breast Imaging in Reston - Warning for Women
Posted by: Bobby ()
Date: March 24, 2012 05:29PM

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I thin you really have to shop around for some reviews and opinions when looking for a doctor. Especially for something so potentially serious. One place I've seen is www.locateadoc.com. But word of mouth is pretty good too.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.