HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Reston :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Restaurant Closings
Posted by: twiggs ()
Date: December 25, 2014 10:55PM

Macaroni Grill and Chili's closing. What's the de-lo?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Restaurant Closings
Posted by: jettaman ()
Date: January 08, 2015 04:53PM

Both are owned by the same group. Perhaps business at those restaurant weren't meeting expectations?

I think most people in the area are looking for a higher-end dining experience.

Posted by: Mike27 ()
Date: March 08, 2016 01:39PM

de-lo? ???

The areas were rezoned. I don't think the property was bringing in enough cash for the greedy people on the board. The golf course will go, eventually I imagine. The low rise apartments across from where macaroni grill was are now a high rise.
Nice to see the powers that be added some infrastructure to handle the extra 10000 cars that now park there.

Nevermind...that costs money.

The whole town is going down the tubes. Looking like inner city baltimore with the garbage everywhere, graffiti, ineffective "law enforcement"

Posted by: Chris J ()
Date: February 17, 2018 03:13AM

it's pretty disgusting what's going on. i have been a resident since 1997, when it was safe and clean. Now high-rises all over, insane amounts of traffic, gutter trash moving in. Safe...that's gone. Police actually doing something...anything...that's a laugh.
I watched a cop stand on the sidewalk watch cars run the red light crossing over the path. i pointed to one car...he said to mind my own business...i guess I don't pay your salary anymore.
the traffic lights are another killer. The board's solution, another light. Every time they "replace" a light they remove one that works 30% of the time for one that does not work at all.
the graffiti is another complaint. time to put someone in jail.
Property taxes went up 30% a couple years ago and the roads are still full of potholes and other imperfections.
metro station what...like 2 miles from RTC.Someone is on the take with this one.

i will be moving this year or early next year.

Posted by: hungryworms ()
Date: April 06, 2018 03:44PM

Reston has always had dangerous pockets. I live there in the 80s/90s and at least 10 people were murdered around the Hunter's Woods area. I remember as a kid being chased by thugs around that area. All the smart kids knew to stay out of certain areas or they would get robbed or assaulted. And don't let me get started about Shadow Wood back then. Open air drug market and illegal paradise. Also, very not safe. Many girls were raped around that area. Reston police have always kept most of the crime out of the news.

I haven't been there in over 10yrs, I can only imagine what kind of shithole it is now.

Posted by: Shadowood ()
Date: June 18, 2018 09:05AM

hungryworms Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Reston has always had dangerous pockets. I live
> there in the 80s/90s and at least 10 people were
> murdered around the Hunter's Woods area. I
> remember as a kid being chased by thugs around
> that area. All the smart kids knew to stay out of
> certain areas or they would get robbed or
> assaulted. And don't let me get started about
> Shadow Wood back then. Open air drug market and
> illegal paradise. Also, very not safe. Many
> girls were raped around that area. Reston police
> have always kept most of the crime out of the
> news.
>
> I haven't been there in over 10yrs, I can only
> imagine what kind of shithole it is now.

Oh, that's Shadowood. Or shadowoohood as the residents call it. Unsafe at any time of day or night. Murder there two years ago; big assault and robbery there last week. Drugs galore and totally incompetent board of directors and managers.

What a disaster and what a dump Shadowood is!

Posted by: Moon Man ()
Date: September 18, 2018 04:30PM

Our family is unfortunately, intimately familiar with how poorly Shadowood is run. The landlords can't afford to properly renovate establishments that are LITERALLY held up by patchwork and string.

Pro-tip - DON'T LOOK BEHIND YOUR CABINETS

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.